Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New HCE scenario - Op Praying Mantis, 1988 Hypothetical Scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> HC Databases and Scenarios >> New HCE scenario - Op Praying Mantis, 1988 Hypothetical Scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New HCE scenario - Op Praying Mantis, 1988 Hypothetical... - 1/8/2012 8:58:36 PM   
CV32

New HCE scenario - Operation Praying Mantis, 1988 Hypothetical Scenario
By Enrique Mas

quote:

Operation Praying Mantis was the Reagan administration answer to the Irani attacks on neutral tanker shipping and inmediate consequence of the mining deployed from the LST Iran Arj against the USS Samuel B. Roberts (FFG-58) on 14 April 1988. This operation is often cited as one of the five historical naval actions to decisively stablish the USN supremacy in a determined theater of operations. It also marked the U.S. Navy's first exchange of anti-ship missiles by ships. In the context of Iran-Iraq War the Tanker War phase (1984-1988) was one of the more complex post-WWII campaigns from the naval viewpoint.

This scenario represents a What if? scenario, with a full compromise of all the Iranian forces against the US side, without the prudence demostrated in the historical engagement.

Note: This scenario is designed mostly to be played from the US/Blue and it's better to play that side in first place, and to play it later from the Iranian/Red side because it can be a little frustrating and boring, but the victory is also possible.

This scenario is designed for the Middle East Battleset and the official HCE database (HCDB-111211 or later).

You can download the scenario and database from HarpGamer.

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> HC Databases and Scenarios >> New HCE scenario - Op Praying Mantis, 1988 Hypothetical Scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI