Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Armageddon 2015 - T15

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> Armageddon 2015 - T15 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Armageddon 2015 - T15 - 1/8/2012 12:52:33 PM   
Odenathus

An update, seven-and-a-half weeks after the start of hostilities: the maps are self-explanatory but, in a nutshell -

* on the Central Front Russian and Belorussian forces have taken Berlin, causing the Germans to surrender: this leaves the French and British to make a stand along the Elbe, supported by the Dutch and Belgians, and the solitary US corps still stationed in Europe.

* NATO's position in the Balkans has pretty much collapsed: Rumania, Bulgaria, Hungary and most of the smaller countries have surrendered, Russian and Ukrainian units have reached the Adriatic and Istanbul, and Italy and Greece are left to hold the northern and southern flanks respectively.

* A small joint Arab League force has entered southern Portugal and Spain: whether they're strong enough to drive on Lisbon and Madrid is a moot point. Most of the North African Arab units are holding the southern Mediterranean ports, where NATO has launched a series of - so far unsuccessful - amphibious invasions.

* Israel is being contained by the Egyptians, Jordanians and the Syrian's southern corps. Although the raw numbers give the impression that the latter are much stronger, their proficiencies and supply is far lower than the Israelis'. An all-out attack over several weeks will see the Arab strength dropping far more quickly than Israel's, leading to the possibility of a damaging counter-attack. The Lebanon surrendered in the first week and Beruit is now garrisoned by Hizbollah, stiffened by Syrian special forces and helicopters

* In Anatolian Turkey the Russians, Armenians and Azerbaijanis are pushing towards Ankara, with the Syrian's northern corps creeping along the south coast road. Large numbers of Turkish troops are still active, but may surrender if Ankara falls

* The Iraqis, supported by a US corps, still hold all the key cities. Martin hasn't chosen the TO to move the US corps in Afghanistan back to the Gulf (it costs VPs)

The Russians are moving, slowly, down the coast of Norway: the terrain is very difficult, and an initial amphibious landing at Bergen was contained and eliminated.

It should be noted that despite the speed and depth of the Russian advance, this still counts as a draw in terms of the overall scenario, which requires the occupation of most of western and central Europe for an outright victory. I've avoided declaring war on any other the major neutrals - Switzerland, Austria, Finland or Sweden - as I have to balance the potential VPs with the impact of their not inconsiderable forces entering on NATO's side. Austria at least is now looking vunerable.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Armageddon 2015 - T15 - 1/8/2012 12:55:40 PM   
Odenathus

Spain and Portugal

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Odenathus)
Post #: 2
RE: Armageddon 2015 - T15 - 1/8/2012 1:00:00 PM   
Odenathus

Anatolia

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Odenathus)
Post #: 3
RE: Armageddon 2015 - T15 - 1/8/2012 1:01:24 PM   
Odenathus

The Balkans

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Odenathus)
Post #: 4
RE: Armageddon 2015 - T15 - 1/8/2012 1:03:26 PM   
Odenathus

The Middle East

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Odenathus)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> Armageddon 2015 - T15 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI