Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playing with the expansions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Playing with the expansions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playing with the expansions - 1/6/2012 11:18:04 AM   
neofit

Hi,

I got DW when it came out, but back then it was buggy, my economy tanked, and I put the game away for some time. Then I got the 1st expansion, but didn't have time to play with it either. Apparently there is a 2nd expansion, and I am stuck at home for about 3 weeks with my left arm in a cast, and this looks like the perfect time to play a game that requires only one arm :).

Now, I hear that there are things like a plot and missions in the expansions. So how should I play them? Install the vanilla game, patch it, "finish" it, then add each expansion and finish them in turn? Or install the game and both expansions at the same time, start playing and the plots/stories/missions will "popup" when required?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Playing with the expansions - 1/6/2012 11:49:44 AM   
Modest

I wish You to quickly come back to health. As for game - do not patch it, just instal vanilia, then Shakturi and then Legends. And afther THAT patch it up (only Legends).

(in reply to neofit)
Post #: 2
RE: Playing with the expansions - 1/6/2012 12:01:01 PM   
Strat_84

Actually it is better to install DW, then Return of the Shakturi, then the last patch for Return of the Shakturi, then Legend and its last patch.

If you don't do that, you'll miss several icons for Ions and Scanner weapons/defense.

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 3
RE: Playing with the expansions - 1/6/2012 12:12:00 PM   
cookie monster

So how are you gonna press Control and then right click for more missions with your left arm in a cast???

Hehe

You should just go play Legends straight off, you can enable the ROTS storyline and not miss out on it.

(in reply to Strat_84)
Post #: 4
RE: Playing with the expansions - 1/6/2012 12:23:38 PM   
neofit

Sounds complicated, I am glad I asked first, thanks for the answers. Now I guess I only have to wait for the promised early-January patch to unsuck the ship design screen I suppose.

As for the arm, it is not a cast per se, I had a custom splint made for 190€ so I can rest my hand on the wasd part of the keyboard. Definitely worth it, a 3 weeks "vacation" without the ability to play would have been too sad.

(in reply to cookie monster)
Post #: 5
RE: Playing with the expansions - 1/6/2012 2:40:38 PM   
feelotraveller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Strat_84

Actually it is better to install DW, then Return of the Shakturi, then the last patch for Return of the Shakturi, then Legend and its last patch.

If you don't do that, you'll miss several icons for Ions and Scanner weapons/defense.

Thankyou. That is very useful to know.

Looks like I'm going to have to reinstall sometime...

(in reply to Strat_84)
Post #: 6
RE: Playing with the expansions - 1/6/2012 3:45:05 PM   
Strat_84

Glad to help. I guess I was not the only one who went mad with those white/yellow squares in front of some components.

(in reply to feelotraveller)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Playing with the expansions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI