Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What screens do you use before playing a game and in a game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> What screens do you use before playing a game and in a game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What screens do you use before playing a game and in a ... - 1/6/2012 11:11:38 AM   
demjansk

I have been playing this game for a few years now. I like the interface of this game and the ease of use (at least for me). However, I don't use all the bells and whistles in the game. I usually check the recent news, at times check the expected reinforcements and maybe one or two other things.

I rarely use all the other items in the game. However, I did click on the supply button and it came up with a bunch of numbers on the screen over different colors. I hardly use plan to attack button.

I was wondering what other player's use as far as battle management in the game.???? Or a link that has this explained already - thanks guys for reading - demy
Post #: 1
RE: What screens do you use before playing a game and i... - 1/6/2012 3:47:49 PM   
shunwick

demjansk,

I tend to use most of them including the 3D display (you can't really play with 3D but I find it useful for helping me to visualize the terrain).

Best wishes,
Steve

(in reply to demjansk)
Post #: 2
RE: What screens do you use before playing a game and i... - 1/6/2012 5:55:02 PM   
sPzAbt653

I use the Recent News (it usually pops up automatically, but sometimes not), then check for Theater Options (even when there aren't any, I like to check, never know when the computer is up to some espionage), then I check the Air Briefing, then the Recent Reinforcements, then I play the turn, sometimes checking the Air Units to make sure they are all still doing what I want, and sometimes checking the Inventory and Replacements. Never use the Attack Planner.

I don't know if the interface is 'good', but I'm certainly used to it. I dread the day that it changes. My program for work changed a year ago, and I still can't get used to it.

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 3
RE: What screens do you use before playing a game and i... - 1/6/2012 10:57:03 PM   
demjansk

Thanks guys that helps, so at least I am not that far off, I'll have to find the 3 d viewer?

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> What screens do you use before playing a game and in a game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI