Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New Game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War >> RE: New Game? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New Game? - 8/16/2012 2:54:51 AM   
mercenarius

quote:

The Forced March Games website is not working BTW.

I am in the process of moving and my ISP has apparently messed up big time. Thanks for the heads up.

James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC

(in reply to mikerolf1)
Post #: 31
RE: New Game? - 8/16/2012 2:57:08 AM   
mercenarius

quote:

Waiting for your next game. Loved Hannibal !

Thanks for your kind words, Blutch. (And everyone else's as well!)

James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC

(in reply to Blutch)
Post #: 32
RE: New Game? - 9/2/2012 9:46:28 AM   
Emilio

Yes, please, I'm also waiting for a new game based in the ancient world. A good one would be The fall of the West.
I enjoyed Hannibal a lot.

Emilio

(in reply to mercenarius)
Post #: 33
RE: New Game? - 4/9/2013 8:19:20 PM   
alex0809

Is there still any game in the works? Bought Hannibal only a few months ago, love it!

Also, are you kind of especially interested in AI, or experienced in developing AI or something? I genuinely never saw such a sophisticated AI in any game. Of course, this game is a lot simpler than many others but still.. today I started the game again and I was baffled immediately by a Roman landing in Africa in the first turn, the first time the Romans actually left Italy in the first turn reminded me again just how impressive this AI is - and with impressive I don't mean "it optimizes its winning strategy", I would think that for such a game it's not THAT hard, no, but it actually plays believable while still being unpredictable and that's what makes this game so special

< Message edited by alex0809 -- 4/9/2013 8:30:04 PM >

(in reply to Emilio)
Post #: 34
RE: New Game? - 4/11/2013 8:34:43 PM   
mercenarius

quote:

Is there still any game in the works?

Yes! We are working on the next game. It's a big game and therefore progress is a little slower than I like. But we are plugging along.

quote:

Bought Hannibal only a few months ago, love it!

Thanks!

quote:

Also, are you kind of especially interested in AI, or experienced in developing AI or something?

The AI is definitely the most interesting part of programming the game. It so happens that Hannibal is my first commercial game. The next game has some new challenges in terms of designing the AI. I have high hopes for it. But I've got a couple of things still to research and design before I get to work on the new AI.

James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC

(in reply to alex0809)
Post #: 35
RE: New Game? - 4/12/2013 8:34:43 PM   
alex0809

That's great to hear. Looking forward to it!

Post #: 36
RE: New Game? - 2/3/2014 7:19:03 PM   
PJJ

Any news? It's been so very quiet here!

"But here we are in a chamber pot, about to be ****ted upon."

-French General Auguste Ducrot before the Battle of Sedan, September 1870

(in reply to alex0809)
Post #: 37
RE: New Game? - 2/4/2014 10:43:45 PM   
mercenarius

In the past, I have made the mistake of thinking that I was ready to post some material before I really was. So I am trying to avoid that. Things are moving along, but I don't have anything to post as yet. But I am aware of the passage of time, believe me. I am working feverishly to move the game along.

Naturally, I am gratified for your interest and support!

James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC

(in reply to PJJ)
Post #: 38
RE: New Game? - 2/5/2014 12:14:33 AM   
Zorch

Ok, but we'll cast you from the Tarpeian rock if the game's not done before your term as consul expires

Post #: 39
RE: New Game? - 2/16/2014 3:02:18 PM   
kondor999

I guess good things take time. For me, having played computer war games since 1984, HRC is easily in the top 5 of all time.

Few games exhibit this level of sophistication without becoming tedious. Like any great wargame, clever rules manage to recreate the historical situation - not mind-numbing complexity. It reminds me of a very well-designed boardgame.

Suffice to say, I'll buy whatever you design on day 1 of availability. HRC is a classic and I'm sure the next project will be as well.

My Command Review at SimHQ: http://www.simhq.com/daily-news/command-modern-airnaval-operations-1-01-review.html

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War >> RE: New Game? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI