Matrix Games Forums

Community impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Update on Eastern Front 1941-1945 [OBSOLETE]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Update on Eastern Front 1941-1945 [OBSOLETE] Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Update on Eastern Front 1941-1945 [OBSOLETE] - 1/5/2012 5:46:42 AM   
governato

This thread was for an obsolete test scenario that has now been replaced. Old links have been removed.

Eastern Front 1941-1945 - V1.0 (Dec 31st 2011) for TOAWIII v3.4

by F.Governato

This scenario was extensive redesign of 'Russian Front' provided with the TOAW III original CD and designed by Piero Falotti and Silvanski.

< Message edited by governato -- 12/24/2012 6:10:51 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: New Scenario available: Eastern Front 1941-1945 - 1/5/2012 6:42:28 AM   
Silvanski

thanks.. will check it out

TOAW Retrofit Dude

(in reply to governato)
Post #: 2
Update: East Front 1941-1945 v2.0 in the works. - 6/12/2012 11:30:47 PM   
governato

I am working on an significant update of 'East Front 41-45' (Russian Front at the Korps/Army level) after playtesting with Mark Dabbs in Spring (we wrote a fun AAR and got out to 1943). I plan to release the new version in late Summer 2012.

Planned Improvements:

- An historically accurate estimate of production rates for both sides, as a lot of new data have become available.
- As already for the Red Army, make the Axis squad replacements separate from production of guns/tanks/planes (historically squad replacements went down, the latter went up).
- Using Theather Options to make the 42+ Red Army OOB somewhat flexible and depending on player's choices to fit the needs of the ongoing campaign.
- Accounting for attrition losses (due to low level combat and illnesses) through Pestilence effects.
- TOEs of Army and Korps level units that keep into account the large number of independent regiments and battalions attached to them.
- Making Pioneers and Sappers separate from Construction units using a dedicated equipment file.
- Perhaps allowing a few interesting what-if for the German side including rebalancing the production of tanks or more emphasis on the submarine war. Need to work out the penalties, as they will be zero sum changes.
- Sorry no Nazi spaceships!
- Some map retouches
- Resist the temptation to add lots of units. There is the amazing FITE for that!
- Suggestions?

< Message edited by governato -- 6/12/2012 11:33:43 PM >

(in reply to Silvanski)
Post #: 3
The Eastern Front 1941-1945 v2.0 in final testing. - 10/16/2012 9:27:19 PM   
governato

Just a quick update to mention that the new scenario 'The Eastern Front' is in its final testing phase. This will not be an upgrade of the scenario originally posted here, but a complete new one (still at 30km/hex, 1 week/turn, 205 turns. 800+ events, options for different production choices and variable OOB, 'Soviet Union 41' disband model for replacements).
Currently writing the documentation, checking for small bugs and preparing a quick AAR. A fancy PO will have to wait for TOAW 3.5, but life is short, so why wait.

(in reply to governato)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Update on Eastern Front 1941-1945 [OBSOLETE] Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI