Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2 tiny forum-related questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> 2 tiny forum-related questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 tiny forum-related questions - 1/4/2012 10:22:58 AM   
onomastikon

Sorry in advance for being stupid, but...

1. i had no idea what the little button-like icons near the bottom of some threads were supposed to mean, I suppose I was looking for a way to figure out what people meant with "+1" -- anyhow, I accidentally hit the little green button near one poster and it turns out this means "IGNORE and DO NOT SHOW all posts by this user". I see no way to undo that! Help! I don't want to do that! Now I can't even see this user anywhere to figure out if there is something to click on his profile to let me un-ignore him! Any tips?

2. Does anyone in development read the Master Wishlist Thread? (There actually only is 1 person in development, right? That's "Elliot", right? I've never seen any posts by him. Has he ever read them?) Or is there another, better place to post doable improvements? Wondering if it makes sense for me to invest lots of time in researching (seeing what's already been posted but not implemented yet), thinking about, and formulating good ideas.

thank you
Post #: 1
RE: 2 tiny forum-related questions - 1/4/2012 11:01:24 AM   
Sylian

1st: not sure, but try the "address book" in your profile. There is a "block list". Maybe you can unblock from there.
2nd: Elliot posts regularly, especially on the tech support sub forums. I guess he checks the wishlist from time to time. But it seems he has a quite good understanding of what he want his game to be, and what not. Therefore lots of wishs and suggestions are likely not to be implemented in the game, ever. (not necessary a bad thing)

< Message edited by Sylian -- 1/4/2012 11:02:36 AM >

Dinosaurs were made up by the CIA to discourage time travel.

(in reply to onomastikon)
Post #: 2
RE: 2 tiny forum-related questions - 1/4/2012 11:21:30 AM   
onomastikon

1. thanks very much! That worked!
2. I completely understand and support the idea that a clear design comprehension is much better than trying to please all the people all the time. I believe that a certain portion of the suggestions made in wishlists can actually further support Elliot's goal, by making suggestions for implementable elements that he might not have seen before, much like a good editor might help an author to make her own book much better. This is, in fact, the art of being an editor, and the fact that we have them does not detract in any way from an artist's autonomy (at least, if the editor does his or her job well).

(EDIT: see now that little green globe has a mouse-over pop-up I missed at first: "Block this guy and hide his messages". Just to nit-pick: Must that be so gender-exclusive? Couldn't it read: "Block this frigging asshole and hide his or her messages"? )

< Message edited by onomastikon -- 1/4/2012 11:45:20 AM >

(in reply to Sylian)
Post #: 3
RE: 2 tiny forum-related questions - 1/4/2012 12:28:07 PM   
Gandalf

quote:

ORIGINAL: onomastikon

(EDIT: see now that little green globe has a mouse-over pop-up I missed at first: "Block this guy and hide his messages". Just to nit-pick: Must that be so gender-exclusive? Couldn't it read: "Block this frigging asshole and hide his or her messages"? )

Was that comment really necessary? Your green dot is now intentionally red for me.

(in reply to onomastikon)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> 2 tiny forum-related questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI