"2012: Rise of Nations".
This game is an ambitious project seeking 14 players (the max allowed by ATG).
Rise of Nations rules:
A) Alliances and team wins are allowed.
B) Once an alliance is made it may not be broken.
C) The maximum number of alliance members is four.
D) If the full complement of 14 players is not acheived, the maximum number of alliance members will be three.
Code of Conduct:
1) Don't disappear unexpectedly. If you lose interest in the game, surrender your forces. Don't ruin the game for the rest of us by quitting without notice. You may give your units/resources/territory to an alliance member before surrendering.
2) Complete your turn within 24 to 48 hours if at all possible. If you are going to be away for an extended period of time, let us know.
4) Email the new file to the next player in line after your turn is done. (We may use DropBox if all players agree.)
5) File naming format: AAA-BBB-CCC-DDD-EEE-FFF-GGG-HHH-III-JJJ-KKK-LLL-MMM-NNN-### (Where AAA is the name of player one, BBB is player two, CCC is player three, etc., with ### increasing by one number at the end of each player's turn...001, 002, 003, etc.)
6) Make a "courtesy" post on this forum that you have passed the turn to the next player in line.
Fourteen players (depending on interest).
World size X-Large.
1 Town start.
Start with roads.
Climate: Full Range
Fog of War
Passwords (write it down!)
I will generate a random starting player order, so please PM me with your email. The order will be determined via the email dice server at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can see how the dice roller works at http://dice.nomic.net/email.html
Some players may be placed next to a treasure trove of resources. Such random luck will occur. Deal with it. Stats are not hidden, so feel free to pound on the "highest nail".
If we do not get the full complement of 14 players by Wednesday, January 18th, I will proceed with those that have signed up. However, the game will not start with less than 7 players.
This is an admittedly ambitious project. Let's set the record for the most number of players participating in an ATG game.
PM me or post here if you want to join.
Signed up so far:
11) Jay Doubleyou
< Message edited by SailingGuy -- 3/21/2012 5:29:31 AM >
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.