Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Good TRACOM training results?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Good TRACOM training results? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Good TRACOM training results? - 1/2/2012 3:13:06 AM   
Chickenboy

July 1, 1943 (Scenario 1 PBEM, under latest official patch):

Accelerated training for 29 IJ Army pilots from month-cycle 10
Accelerated training for 124 IJ Army pilots from month-cycle 8
Accelerated training for 35 IJ Army pilots from month-cycle 6
IJ Navy instructors accelerate training of 7 pilots from month-cycle 7
IJ Navy instructors accelerate training of 380 pilots from month-cycle 1

I'd never seen 380 pilots get pulled through in a month cycle before. Any comments?

Post #: 1
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 1/2/2012 3:33:20 AM   
Mike Solli

Uh, wow?!

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 1/2/2012 3:33:49 AM   
Mike Solli

How many pilots are in TRACOM to get those results?

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 3
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 1/2/2012 4:22:51 PM   
Chickenboy

197 pilots in TRACOM. About evenly split between IJAAF and IJNAF.

Here's my pilot training / replacements screen:

Been running on empty for IJAAF pilot replacements for some time. I have to use the aliquot of 171 noobs / monthly to put into training units for fighter & ASW dedicated IJAAF bomber training units.

The vast majority of the other training units get untrained pilots for LowNav (read: Kamikaze) training. They get trained up to 55-60 LowNav and thrown into the general reserves for future merry making.

Don't have a problem with drain on IJNAF pilot pools, as IJAAF has been bearing the brunt of the Allies' blows.

I am heartened by the big slug of IJAAF pilots coming through the system, currently in months 1-3 and 4-6. Anyone venture a guess why there's such a quarterly push coming through? Is this a "1943 thing"?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 1/2/2012 4:28:15 PM >

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 4
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 1/2/2012 4:26:21 PM   
Mike Solli

Did I say wow?! Sheesh, that's amazing. Is this scenario 1 or 2? Looks like 2 to me. I can't believe your IJAAF pool is empty. Did you put every elite pilot in TRACOM? That's an amazing number there.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 1/2/2012 4:30:08 PM   
Chickenboy

Hi Mike,

Scenario 1.

I've put most TRACOM-eligible IJAAF pilots in there, only a few out on the front lines. I have more IJNAF TRACOM-eligible pilots afield (carrier units for the most part), but have put most of 'em in TRACOM waiting for a rainy day.

I've added more to the TRACOM pool during the course of the game. Just last month (June 1943) I added in a couple more IJAAF TRACOM-eligible to the pool.

Could you address my "edited" comments as well?

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 1/2/2012 4:31:11 PM >

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 6
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 1/2/2012 4:37:26 PM   
Mike Solli

I do know that there is an increase in recruits at some point. I don't know when it starts but from your screen shot it looks like it happens in Jan 43. Keep in mind that it's going to take a bigger and bigger bite of resources unless you pull them, and you seem to be doing a nice job of that.

I've found that the IJAAF takes the brunt of the casualties as well. After the initial month (tops) of the war, I rarely use my Netties for ground/airfield bombing. In my PBEM, I just lost an elite pilot to flak. That really sucks. I'm starting to think that I shouldn't have any elite pilots in front line bomber units. Not worth it. I'm rethinking that now. I'll probably post something about it in the AAR.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 1/2/2012 5:29:23 PM   
Cribtop

Interesting, gents. I'll mull this over myself.

Follow my latest AAR as I do battle with our resident author Cuttlefish at: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2742735

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 8
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 1/2/2012 5:45:53 PM   
SqzMyLemon

I paid a higher pilot training HI cost hitting January 1/43 than at any other time previously. I consistently paid around 19500 HI/month in 1942 and that has shot up to 23180 upon hitting January 1/43. So it definitely seems 1943 adds more pilots to the training program. I bet that throws a monkey wrench into the HI expenditure for some!

EDIT:

I posted in Mike's AAR before seeing this thread. I haven't seen any pilot advancement notices for at least 9 months from TRACOM. Does routinely pulling pilots out of the replacement pool into training squadrons affect their chances of being advanced by TRACOM? I'm thinking I'm pulling out pilots faster than TRACOM can advance them, does that sound plausible?

< Message edited by SqzMyLemon -- 1/2/2012 5:51:28 PM >

Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 9
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 1/2/2012 7:56:08 PM   
nashvillen

In Oct 43 I am paying 52075 HI for my pilots. This is Scenario 6 December 8th campaign game.

According to tracker, I have this:

I have been cycling my pilots though this program and then into training squadrons until they reach 50 exp/70 in primary trait and then putting them into my reserve pool.

My replacement rate in the IJNAF jumped from 150 to 480 on turn 390. The IJAAF jumped from 185 to 615 on turn 390.

I think I have too many TR/RC/Army LB pilots in my reserve. I may even have too many Army F Pilots in my reserve (I know, there may never be enough of these guys).

I have never noticed any training advancement with TRACOM, but haven't been looking for them either. I will do some research into this to see if there has been some effect.

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 10
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 1/2/2012 11:23:43 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

In Oct 43 I am paying 52075 HI for my pilots. This is Scenario 6 December 8th campaign game.

According to tracker, I have this:

I have been cycling my pilots though this program and then into training squadrons until they reach 50 exp/70 in primary trait and then putting them into my reserve pool.

My replacement rate in the IJNAF jumped from 150 to 480 on turn 390. The IJAAF jumped from 185 to 615 on turn 390.

I think I have too many TR/RC/Army LB pilots in my reserve. I may even have too many Army F Pilots in my reserve (I know, there may never be enough of these guys).

I have never noticed any training advancement with TRACOM, but haven't been looking for them either. I will do some research into this to see if there has been some effect.

Similar numbers to my situation, albeit yours is some 4 months ahead of mine in terms of your pilot progression. Turn 390 would be on or around January 1, 1943, so pilot numbers must have increased sizeably at that time.

Any insight on what happens to pilot pools on or around turn 755 (on or around January 1, 1944)?

I don't see how you can have 668 IJAAF pilots in your pools. Are you training plenty of Kamikazes at this point? These should eat that excess in a hurry.

Likewise, my IJNAF training (pilot numbers available) is way behind yours. Have you been involved in numerous carrier clashes that ate your reserves / forced expedited training? What are the differences in my and your pilot pools for IJNAF and why?

FWIW, I've been getting messages regarding advancing pilots (from TRACOM) almost every month (check OPS on 1st day of month). Then again, I think I have more pilots in TRACOM than most.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 11
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 1/2/2012 11:30:20 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SqzMyLemon
Does routinely pulling pilots out of the replacement pool into training squadrons affect their chances of being advanced by TRACOM? I'm thinking I'm pulling out pilots faster than TRACOM can advance them, does that sound plausible?

I don't think TRACOM works that way, SqzMyLemon. If you're pulling trained pilots out of the training pool, they're already beyond the reach / benefits of TRACOM. TRACOM's benefits are to "pull" trainees through the system, advancing them by months of training.

In the example I cited above, 380 IJNAF pilots were accelerated from month 1 to month 2 of training as a benefit of TRACOM. Once they graduate (after month 12), TRACOM no longer affects their status or standing.

Your pilots will advance apace in the absence of TRACOM. TRACOM just speeds things along through the training regimen. So, no, in the absence of TRACOM, you're getting default pilot availability / training.

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 12
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 1/3/2012 12:37:10 AM   
Dan Nichols

Scenario 1 pilots
year     IJA     IJN
1941     195     150
1942     185     150
1943     615     480
1944     615     480
1945     615     480
1946     615     480
So as you see, starting in 1943 your pilot pools will grow a lot faster.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 13
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 1/3/2012 5:46:04 AM   
SqzMyLemon

You're right Chickenboy. I was looking at this the wrong way. Once they are in the replacement pools they've already passed through TRACOM's influence.

I did a once over of my TRACOM and don't have many 80+ in there to accelerate the noobs. That explains the lack of acceleration as it's hard to get 80+ experienced pilots with no combat.

Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

(in reply to Dan Nichols)
Post #: 14
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 1/3/2012 2:28:36 PM   
nashvillen

I had 50 or so in my TRACOM and last turn (8 SEP 43) I added another 50 or so from rear units. We shall see what the results are. What numbers are you using Chickenboy?

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 15
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 1/3/2012 6:07:00 PM   
Chickenboy

Hi nashvillen,

About 197 by my last count. Approximately evenly split between IJAAF and IJNAF.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 16
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 1/3/2012 7:18:06 PM   
nashvillen

Hmmm... I am only halfway there... More to do when I get the turn back from rjopel.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 17
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 10/19/2012 1:08:24 AM   
abulbulian

I've been looking over the #'s for pilot replacements and trying to determine what exactly determines the cycle experience. My experience #'s per month cycles is a little different and I'm thinking it comes down to the quanity and quality of pilots you place in TRACOM?

At the beginning(mid-Jan 42) of the 41 Scenario(#2) on avg. how many pilots in pool should I have for IJN and IJA?

Thanks for any breakdowns of the numbers posted in the pilot tracking charts.

- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha Tester WitW

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 18
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 10/19/2012 6:45:18 AM   
Alfred

This is one of the most persistent AE myths. No matter how many times it is debunked, people keep on claiming that TRACOM improves pilot experience.

With the appropriate number of highly experience pilots per nationality in it, TRACOM does only two things.

1. It will push trainees already in the pipeline, to graduate sooner.

2. It helps to reduce the number of pilots graduating under the national pilot experience average level.

It will not push out pilots to graduate above the national pilot experience average level.

3. Pulling pilots out of the training schools before they graduate will adversely impact on the average experience levels of the trainees still at school.

Alfred

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 19
RE: Good TRACOM training results? - 10/20/2012 12:07:24 AM   
CapnGreasy

Here is a tracker shot from 11 Dec 43. DaBabes Dec 8 start.
Pay 58610 on first of month for training.
No expert on what all of it means but thought you all might be interested in a Dec 43 look. Banzai..

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Good TRACOM training results? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI