Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Beyond the Eastern Front

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Maps, Models and Mods >> Beyond the Eastern Front Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Beyond the Eastern Front - 1/1/2012 9:08:10 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

Does the tie up between this games map-maker and Google Maps data work for other parts of the planet?
Post #: 1
RE: Beyond the Eastern Front - 1/1/2012 9:20:48 PM   
junk2drive

Yes but you have to get the DEM zip files from another site and put the zip in your PCO DEMS folder.

http://srtm.csi.cgiar.org/

< Message edited by junk2drive -- 1/1/2012 9:22:48 PM >

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to CSO_Talorgan)
Post #: 2
RE: Beyond the Eastern Front - 1/1/2012 9:23:27 PM   
Stridor

Yes.

When you buy the game you get the digital elevation maps (DEMS) for the areas around Kharkov.

DEMS for eastern europe and west russia are stored on the Matrix FTP servers and can be downloaded from within map maker.

If you want to go elsewhere you will need to download the DEM of the area you want to model from another SRTM server of which there are several. Map maker will tell you the name of the DEM file you need when you try and build the map. Download this file (they are about 16MB in size each from memory) to the DEMS directory off the main PCO directory and then map maker will use the data when you construct your map.

Regards

S.

(in reply to CSO_Talorgan)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Maps, Models and Mods >> Beyond the Eastern Front Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI