Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Guys! Check this out....:)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Guys! Check this out....:) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Guys! Check this out....:) - 12/31/2011 8:33:23 PM   
k9mike

Happy Holiday's Guy's ...Hey Ed....I seen this over on boardgame geeks an not sure if you or the guys have heard about it yet. This guy has come out with an outstanding program for the ipad that he can put the boardgames on an ipad! He has a test one for CoH...but can not market that, but he is working with some manufacturers on some popular ones...I will let ya'll read the post....pretty cool....ASL??

http://boardgamegeek.com/video/9039/conflict-of-heroes-storms-of-steel-kursk-1943/fan-made-conflict-of-heroes-on-ipad

Mike

P.S. Added this new thread just incase no one has seen last post of the Merry Xmas Thread....got to check this out. Makes me wonder....if it was soooo damn easy for this guy to make this for his own personal enjoyment, why the hell couldnt Walker do this for the PC??? This guy did it for the iPad...Geez
Post #: 1
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/1/2012 12:37:28 AM   
wodin

Amazing. Makes me want an I Pad.

I hope Matrix version is looking good, wouldn't look great at all to be shown up by a one man band. It looks mind blowing to be honest with you.

Honestly I can see Matrix watching that and going...oh sh1t...

< Message edited by wodin -- 1/1/2012 12:38:07 AM >

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 2
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/2/2012 4:22:47 PM   
Gunhawk

WOW Mike. Just WOW! It's amazing! When I saw that it was for the IPad I thought that the screen would be too small, but it looked fine. Too bad that it will never be available. Uwe made it very clear that the developer has no license. And the developer said that he recognizes that and will never release it for sale or even *give* it away. One of the posts in the string mentioned that GMT might have "Combat Commander" for the PC in the works. Does anybody know anything about that? Seeing what can be done by an experienced, imaginative and motivated programmer, i'm really stoked at the prospect of CoH and CC being released for the PC.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 3
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/2/2012 11:23:17 PM   
k9mike

Ed. If you look into the thread further he mentions that he is working for it on something....Seems like maybe a Squad Leader or something of that nature. Its just that he doesnt have the rights to CoH, do to its coming out for PC and someone else has the rights. I am thinking he has something pretty neat in the works. Hey...not sure if you know this, or into it...But, I have gotten several of these neat Apps for my Droidphone. There made by a guy name Joni Nuutinen...He makes these neat wargames...there called Conflict...the one I am playing now is the Panzer Missions one. I have already played barbarossa and d-day. there is one other callled battle of the bulge also. very neat little games. they play out very similar to a standard hex and tile type game. check them out...very fun on the go.
Mike

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 4
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/3/2012 12:46:55 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: k9mike

Ed. If you look into the thread further he mentions that he is working for it on something....Seems like maybe a Squad Leader or something of that nature. Its just that he doesnt have the rights to CoH, do to its coming out for PC and someone else has the rights. I am thinking he has something pretty neat in the works. Hey...not sure if you know this, or into it...But, I have gotten several of these neat Apps for my Droidphone. There made by a guy name Joni Nuutinen...He makes these neat wargames...there called Conflict...the one I am playing now is the Panzer Missions one. I have already played barbarossa and d-day. there is one other callled battle of the bulge also. very neat little games. they play out very similar to a standard hex and tile type game. check them out...very fun on the go.
Mike

It would really be something if he was working on Squad Leader. If CoH, Combat Commander and Squad Leader all came out for the PC at the same time, and they were all playable via a live opponent, I don't think that i'd ever leave my computer room again!

Thanks for the heads up on the Droid Phone wargames. :-)

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 5
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/3/2012 1:09:05 AM   
k9mike

No Prob Bro... Hope to get in a game with ya one of these days. Just give me a howler via PM or email me...maybe we can set something up.
Mike

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 6
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/3/2012 2:30:11 PM   
wodin

He also states under the video his retail project was a different genre!

I've posted this in the general forum topic about Ipads. Surely as Matrix has the contract with Academy games then Matrix could contact him and sign him up to sell it on the IPad. It wouldn't make any odds to the PC version

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 7
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/3/2012 4:40:34 PM   
Josh

Wow that's an amazing video  
Almost makes me want to have an iPad... almost.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 8
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/5/2012 4:06:06 PM   
Gunhawk

I just took a look at an IPad on Amazon and that is one *very* expensive gizmo! I'm not sure that i'd buy one just to play CoH even if it became available.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 9
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/5/2012 4:53:42 PM   
undercovergeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunhawk

I just took a look at an IPad on Amazon and that is one *very* expensive gizmo! I'm not sure that i'd buy one just to play CoH even if it became available.

how about HoS??

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 10
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/5/2012 11:44:41 PM   
wodin

The cheapest is around £330 for the 16 though I saw a 64 for £340 online.

I'm not keen on mobile phones etc and all the games I've seen for these formats has been more for the casual gamer. It's only whilst watching this video that I've sat up and taken notice.

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 11
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/6/2012 12:53:21 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

quote:

how about HoS??

ummm...wait...wasn't that supposed to be for the Commodore 64? or was it for the Atari 800?

Post #: 12
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/6/2012 2:49:21 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

The cheapest is around £330 for the 16 though I saw a 64 for £340 online.

I'm not keen on mobile phones etc and all the games I've seen for these formats has been more for the casual gamer. It's only whilst watching this video that I've sat up and taken notice.

Heard a something on the radio this week that Apple is planning on dropping the price of the iPad 2 to about $299 US as the 3 is about to get released/annouced.....
Not an Apple fan but as more real games get ported it's harder to resist...

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 13
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/6/2012 3:26:14 PM   
k9mike

Yah. I was thinking of getting one cause nice an light an portable...an now with more stuff that is going to be made available ...to hard to ignore. You know that everyone in industry is going to start jumping on this bandwagon, so start saving your pennies guys...lol

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 14
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/6/2012 6:42:38 PM   
parusski

Wow, I will buy an iPad for this game.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 15
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/6/2012 7:08:52 PM   
Gunhawk

I just don't know what the heck i'd do with an IPad otherwise. It's not like i'm techno-phobic. I was the first in my community to buy a VCR and the first to buy a PC. I have an "all region" DVD player so I can play films from anywhere in the world and my laptop is an Asus "World of Gamers" top of the line model. But i can't think of any reason to own an IPad.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 16
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/7/2012 7:22:31 AM   
k9mike

But Ed...You can do soo much with the iPad...;) Like having an extra light small...only the screen PC in the palm of your hands. :)

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 17
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/16/2012 3:22:31 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

But Ed...You can do soo much with the iPad...;) Like having an extra light small...only the screen PC in the palm of your hands. :)

You mean I won't have to carry my desktop and screen around with me any more?? That's really cool 'cause this thing weighs a TON! :-) Seriously though, I bring my Asus widescreen "World of Gamers" laptop (if you can call it that) with me to Florida twice a year and the thing is so big that last time I went through the X-Ray belt the guard asked me if I had an IMAX in there.

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 18
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/16/2012 12:41:18 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

You mean I won't have to carry my desktop and screen around with me any more?? That's really cool 'cause this thing weighs a TON! :-) Seriously though, I bring my Asus widescreen "World of Gamers" laptop (if you can call it that) with me to Florida twice a year and the thing is so big that last time I went through the X-Ray belt the guard asked me if I had an IMAX in there.

I feel the same Ed. I have injured my back carrying around my DESKTOP all these years.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 19
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/18/2012 7:26:20 PM   
undercovergeek

tempted to put a *** PROJECT CANCELLED *** notification as the top thread - see who comes on and disputes it

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 20
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/20/2012 3:47:25 PM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

tempted to put a *** PROJECT CANCELLED *** notification as the top thread - see who comes on and disputes it

It won't be Walker. I doubt that he pays attention to this forum anymore. You have a good point though. I wonder why he doesn't just come out and say that the project is dead. We didn't even get our annual screen shot. I can't see where it does him any good to just leave it hanging. The only reason I check the Matrix forums these days is to see if there's any gossip about how CoH is coming along.

Post #: 21
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/21/2012 9:06:28 PM   
k9mike

And their pretty tight lipped about that project as well....
No mention of whats up with the beta testing. That game is supposedly almost done, but they dont even have anything that mentions it on Matrix. Guess they learned their lesson do to this supposed game...lol
Whats up Gunhawk? Hey, they have some really neat maps on Memoir44(SFTF)...
Mike

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 22
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/23/2012 3:12:52 PM   
Gunhawk

Mike

A couple of days ago on the General Discussion board Erik posted: "We expect to make an announcement about Conflict of Heroes in the next couple of weeks and open a forum for discussion".

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 23
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/24/2012 12:32:48 AM   
wodin

Gunhawk..asking about CoH is a sin apparently... some members (I don't mean members as in forum memebers either) will pounce on you like you've shot their pig or something..was going to say dog..but thought pig was better.

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 24
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/24/2012 4:18:59 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

Gunhawk..asking about CoH is a sin apparently... some members (I don't mean members as in forum memebers either) will pounce on you like you've shot their pig or something..was going to say dog..but thought pig was better.

Why the hell would anybody shoot a pig?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 25
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/24/2012 3:42:53 PM   
wodin

it was from a cartoon strip me and a mate did many moons ago about a right wing trailer trash skin head who shot his wife cos she shot his pig...

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 26
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/24/2012 4:17:24 PM   
Gunhawk

quote:

it was from a cartoon strip me and a mate did many moons ago about a right wing trailer trash skin head who shot his wife cos she shot his pig...

I actually knew a guy who got mad at his wife and shot her pet parrot. I asked him "do you think that it's reasonable to shoot a family pet when you get mad at your wife?" He replied "do you think it would have been better to have shot my wife?" LOL. That's an absolutely true story, so I guess shooting a pig wouldn't be too crazy because, after all, at least you can *eat* the pig.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 27
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/25/2012 2:37:58 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

Why the hell would anybody shoot a pig?

My thoughts exactly Gunhawk. Besides, those Brits can't shoot anything-PIGS or home invaders.

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 28
RE: Guys! Check this out....:) - 1/25/2012 5:21:40 PM   
wodin

Very true Parusski, very true.

As I said it was from a cartoon strip me and a mate used todo.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Guys! Check this out....:) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI