Meet T-Rex

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

Numdydar

Meet T-Rex

Post by Numdydar »

This is my 'I can kill anything' unit [X(]. I do not know about everyone here, but I am very impressed. [:)]

Attachments
TRex.jpg
TRex.jpg (138.64 KiB) Viewed 136 times
doomtrader

RE: Meet T-Rex

Post by doomtrader »

This seems impressive
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Can you show the unit's details?
What is causing it so strong? Experience?
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Even more impressively it's not at full strength - red dot upper right.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

I'm playin' the Grand Campaign as the Russians and now late July 1942. I have a German armored corps w/ a mid 40s strength (and very good range) that is killing everything I have.

I'm trying to get it out of supply and surrounded w/ no success...yet. Hoping bad winter weather comes fast.

doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Please take a look at this thread:

tm.asp?m=2997479
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Can you show the unit's details?
What is causing it so strong? Experience?

It has a leader Rommel (7/20 experience) and an efficiency of over 400%. I have about 5 Pz Corps that have over 50+ strength and the rest have 40+, the 40's can kill any 3 SP or lower that is not fortified or in a city with one attack, while the 50's can do the same for 5's and below [:)]

With these babys, encirlements are optional lol. Just kill your way to the objective. Even if you get cut off so what. Nothing is going to attack you and you can just blast your way out when you need to.
battlevonwar

Post by battlevonwar »

Okay stop feeding those Panzers Tiger Nip! [:-]
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

You just got an effectivity bonus for capturing Moscow.

That will fade over time.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

play balance is a tough one
"Tanks forward"
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

ORIGINAL: Razz

You just got an effectivity bonus for capturing Moscow.

That will fade over time.

Sorry but no. That bonus has faded long ago as this shot was taken in July '42 after all but a few cities were left for the Russians. I can supply a saved game so you can see for yourself that this is a 'normal' unit without any other boosts going on. Why you just cannot accept facts about the the game that are different from your expectations is beyond me, but it sure is getting old [:(]
waichou

Post by waichou »

Me too, I have 3 units more than 40 strengh... Nothing can beat them, they took Moscow in 4 turns, an even not any bonus, just too strong (I am only in 1941). Maybe this should be decreased...
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Can I see the effectiveness details of one of those monsters?
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

I sent you a save game so you can look at all my 'babies' lol.
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Hmmmm, all these seem so unreal. So You can build Super Corps in the game? Just wondering because I am still on the fence about the game.
ORIGINAL: waichou

Me too, I have 3 units more than 40 strengh... Nothing can beat them, they took Moscow in 4 turns, an even not any bonus, just too strong (I am only in 1941). Maybe this should be decreased...
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

It is possible. You are given one super corp when you reach tech level two in tanks. Note it should be a division.
ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

Hmmmm, all these seem so unreal. So You can build Super Corps in the game? Just wondering because I am still on the fence about the game.
ORIGINAL: waichou

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

No, because you can not split it anymore. Patched.
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

I'm glad you have a super unit but this is probably a problem in the game. I've noticed it already although to a lesser extent with other units.

This is only exacerbated in Russia by the huge penalty the Red Army gets when the Germans attack. The Soviet units go literally to 1% effectiveness, possibly rising to around 20% within 8 or so turns and 60% in 10 turns. All of this is silly since even in its darkets days in June and July (while the 1% effectiveness is applied to Soviet units for the first 5 turns of German war) the Red Army was not that trivial for the Germans to defeat. The Germans had to fight hard and take heavy casualties throughout their campaign in SU.

For example within about 10 weeks the Germans have been able to drive in a PBEM game to take Maikop using Panzer corps that are 20 strength against Soviet units that are around 1% to 10% effectiveness. The panzers literally cannot be stopped or slowed by anything, and they take negligible casualties. The Red Army has stood up multiple corps to defend every city to no avail. To think that the Germans could have driven to Maikop in 10 weeks in 1941 is silly both in terms of just fighting power and supply lines.

Anyway back to my topic - to have units that are this overpowered does the game no good at all in my opinion since it's ahistorical to have units this strong that can advance without being impeded through any defenses, although I'm glad for you that it makes you happy. :) Still it turns the game into a fantasy game, not a realistic game to have these sorts of overpowered units.
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732

Return to “Time of Fury”