Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Inconsistent handling of construction of Resort Bases on colonies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Inconsistent handling of construction of Resort Bases on colonies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Inconsistent handling of construction of Resort Bases o... - 12/29/2011 3:54:50 PM   
sbach2o

It may sometimes make sense to build a resort base at a colony, I was especially intrigued to learn that ancient ruins may attract tourists just like a scenery bonus.

But when I try to build a Resort Base on a settled planet, I am tripping up in various ways:

First, no resort bases appear in the right-click build menu of a planet, but I have the option to build these from the 'construction yards' tab in the colonies dialog.

When I issue such a build order from the colonies screen, there is no control over the placement, the Resort Base will appear centered on the planet, which is often not desired, for example because of overlap with a normal space port.

A work-around is letting a construction ship do the task. When I do this, other problems surface. I have developed the habit to abort construction tasks when a constructor doesn't have the required materials. It can take inordinate amounts of time for the deliveries of the missing resources to arrive. So I abort the construction and give the construction ship order to repair the (typically) mining station or research base. It will then make another trip to pick up supplies and have a good chance of getting the job done quicker.

This does not seem to work for Resort Bases when built at a settled planet, I cannot let a construction ship repair those, at least when they are result of an incomplete construction job. I am not sure 'repair' works on other unfinished Resort Bases, but I am assuming it does.

So for some reason these bases seem to be handled like step childs when on habitated planets. I have built one via a planetary construction queue and it is used well. I think they can be profitable.

< Message edited by sbach2o -- 12/29/2011 4:00:51 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Inconsistent handling of construction of Resort Bas... - 12/29/2011 5:03:05 PM   
ASHBERY76

Colonies with ancient ruins or wonders will attract tourism without the need to build a resort base at the colony.

(in reply to sbach2o)
Post #: 2
RE: Inconsistent handling of construction of Resort Bas... - 12/29/2011 7:52:40 PM   
Kayoz

Where do the tourists go, if there's no resort base?

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Inconsistent handling of construction of Resort Bases on colonies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI