Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

training militia, question and suggestion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> training militia, question and suggestion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
training militia, question and suggestion - 12/28/2011 6:38:23 PM   
Treefrog

Correct me if I'm wrong, but leaders assigned militia will attempt to train them at least once. By this I mean if a leader has a CR of 6 and has militia units assigned to him, he'll attempt to train each militia once. If he has a CR 0f 6 and only 4 units assigned, during the first training opportunity (at the end of the building phase) he'll attempt to train all four, leaving him two unused CR which he will use to attempt to train during the phase between the end of the union turn and the commencement of his next turn.

If the leader builds a depot or fort that turn, he doesn't train at all?

A tip: I've noticed that after the first training opportunity some militia will train. Leaders may also readjust their unit mixture, meaning leaders can dump militia and replace them with regulars if they wish. This permits a training tactic of dumping untrained militia into a leaderless state and allow the AC or TC (or other leader with unused CR) in the same region to attempt to train them. This is particuarly helpful for the Union garrison when he has Scott or McClellan in DC.

"L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace."
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> training militia, question and suggestion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI