Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What to research?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> What to research? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What to research? - 12/28/2011 1:03:25 AM   
mariandavid

Nedrear has summarised the mechanism and limits of research in Legends. However are there any changes from previous versions in terms of what needs to be researched early as opposed to leaving the whole process to automation?
Post #: 1
RE: What to research? - 12/28/2011 1:07:16 AM   
2ndACR

Go for the Borska space wonder first off.

Weapons, I go after beams or missiles first
Energy, Borska wonda
Hi Tech, I go advanced tech and the weapon wonder

(in reply to mariandavid)
Post #: 2
RE: What to research? - 12/28/2011 9:31:54 PM   
nim8or

What the heck is Borska wonda? I see nothing like that in the research tree?

There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 3
RE: What to research? - 1/3/2012 9:19:59 PM   
Jerkface

I do the ship building wonder, and then the commerce ones.  MOAR MONEY FOR MOAR SHIPS.

(in reply to nim8or)
Post #: 4
RE: What to research? - 1/4/2012 4:23:04 AM   
Evrett

First thing I research is construction tech for bigger ships, star fighters for base defense, and prox sensors for better sensors. Then I'll go with a weapon tech for better range, storage or a colonization tech, and fast mining.  

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

(in reply to Jerkface)
Post #: 5
RE: What to research? - 1/4/2012 9:44:18 AM   
Gareth_Bryne

The Construction wonder is waaaay OP right now. 50000 creds, and in 4 years you're making a million a year, and your leader\planetary governor pump their * ship construction levels like no tomorrow. The cash boosts the research impossibly... Plus you replenish the fleets you have at an incredible rate. In the right hands that is game-breaking.

(in reply to Evrett)
Post #: 6
RE: What to research? - 1/4/2012 3:22:55 PM   
Bentley241@gmail.com

Even if I beeline to the construction wonder, and build it at my capital, I only get it about half the time.  The 3 research wonders seem much easier to get.  I do research colonization techs first until I have plenty of new colony options.

Weapon wise, I focus on fighter aircraft - all the way to super missile bombers.  I also pick up ion cannons, and the armor techs at the bottom of the tree.  By using fighter bays on most of my ships and bases, they never truly become obsolete.  Very few enemy fleets can stand up to swarms of advanced fighter/missile bombers.

If I pick up death ray or devastator pulse from ruins, I put them on capital ships, space ports and defensive bases; but I still use fighter bays there as well.

Bob

(in reply to Gareth_Bryne)
Post #: 7
RE: What to research? - 1/4/2012 11:50:03 PM   
Evrett

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bentley241@gmail.com

Weapon wise, I focus on fighter aircraft - all the way to super missile bombers. 

Ya Star Fighters for sure..its a LOT harder to get laid in the back of an epsilon torpedo.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

(in reply to Bentley241@gmail.com)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> What to research? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI