Panzer Vorwärts! MOD

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, bcgames

TAIL_GUNNER

Panzer Vorwärts! MOD

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

Here's a 41-45 GC mod that gives a unique TOE to every one of the 1941 Panzer Divisions. I went through each one and cleaned up the OOBs and added the correct amounts of all weapons.

Data changes:
  • Changed the Sdkfz 222 to 'Light Armored Car' so it will correctly upgrade from the 221.
  • Changed the Pz35(t) to 'Infantry Tank'. Now only 6. Panzer will use this tank.
  • Changed the Pz38(t) and Pz38(t)E to 'Cavalry Tank'. Now only 7., 8., 12., 19., and 20. Panzer will use these tanks.
  • Added one new unit, a P204(f) Armored Car. These are used only in 7. and 20. Panzer.
Currently, each Panzer Division will still upgrade to the stock 42a Panzer Division in early 1942. It is my hope to slowly expand the scope of this project and include unique TOEs for all German units throughout the entire war.

Enjoy![8D]
AKA "Juggalo"
bcgames

RE: Panzer Vorwärts! MOD

Post by bcgames »

Thanks TAIL_GUNNER. This is a very unique mod and I'm sure the time invested will increase the historical fidelity of the game. Your scenario is now my new 41-45 GC start point...until the next phase of your project that is. Great contribution!
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

Thank you kindly bcgames...that means alot.[8D]

And right on cue here's the latest update:

1. Adjusted support levels for all 1941 Panzer Divisions to more closely match historical manpower strengths. I also forgot to mention in my opening post that all armored infantry has the correct amounts in each Panzer Division.
2. The two SP Flak Coys and one SP Flak Battalion using the Sdkfz 6/2 now have their own TOEs. This is to prevent them from sniping your precious 10/4s and 7/1s.
3. All ten Motorized Divisions now have unique TOEs for 1941 only.
4. Flamm Panzer Battalion 102 now has correct equipment. It includes two new units, the Flamm Panzer B2 (f) and Panzer B2 740(f).
5. Deleted the 251/1 MG Carrier from all TOEs and units. Replaced with a new unit called the Panzer Grenadier MG Section. It is similar in structure to the Panzer Grenadier Squad. I did this because they are overproduced, and down the line, there are several other types of armored MG troops to be included that use the 250/1. All factories for the 251/1 also deleted.
6. All TOE adjustments for the Panzer Divisions in 1941 implemented. 11., 12., 16., and 18. Panzer Divisions have their Motorcycle and Recon Battalions merged during this time. This results in a net loss of 9 Motorcycle squads, 2 75mm IGs, 6 37mm AT guns, 3 Pioneer squads, 12 50mm mortars, 4 heavy MGs, and 2 Support squads. Net gain is plus 8 AT rifles, 8 Sdkfz 222, and 3 50mm AT guns. The rest of the Panzer Divisions will reorganize in early '42. 2. and 5. Panzer Divions arrive in theater with this new configuration.

In addition, 17. and 19. Panzer will each lose a Panzer Battalion in August, 1941.

If you find any errors, please let me know.
Enjoy![8D]
AKA "Juggalo"
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

Again, very nice! Keep it coming! Excellent.
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

TAIL_GUNNER,

I would like to base my next version of the Drang Nach Osten scenario using your Panzer Vorwarts! MOD. Would you support this request?

v/r

bcgames
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

that's fine with me, but give me about another week and I should be up to April, 1942
AKA "Juggalo"
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

Sounds great!
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

Now at version 1.02 which covers up to April, 1942. Also updated with latest beta patch.

Data changes:
- Renamed Sdkfz 231 to Sdkfz 231/232
- Renamed Panzer IIIe to Panzer IIIf
- Reclassified the Pz35(t) as type CS Cavalry Tank (this so captured Soviet BT tanks will not be used)
- Reclassified the Pz38(t) and Pz38(t)E as type CS Infantry Tank

Infantry Squad changes: (based on German TOE documents)
Rifle Squad
-1 Rifle Grenade (not widely available or issued until 1942 - they will return then)
+2 Pistol
-1 Kar98
Motorcycle Squad (renamed to Motorcycle Squad (+))
+1 Kar98
-3 MPi
+4 Pistol
Motorized Rifle Squad (+)
+2 Men
+3 Kar98
+4 Pistol
-3 MPi
Panzer Grenadier Squad
+3 Kar98
-2 MG34
+1 MG34 Swivel Mount (this is the LMG on the SPW 251)
-2 MPi
-1 Rifle Grenade
+4 Pistol
Motorized Rifle Squad
+1 Men
-1 Rifle Grenade
+2 Pistol

The Panzer Grenadier MG Section as introduced earlier is also updated, and a new unit simply called Motorcycle Squad is introduced. This is a lighter version of the original, with only 11 men and 1 LMG. They are used in Motorized Division Infantry Regiments. Pioneer and Panzer Pioneer squads also updated, but these will be further edited in the next version. Also most of the above squads will upgrade in the spring of '42 to introduce Rifle Grenades.

Support levels for Panzer and Motorized Infantry Divisions recalulated yet again. I can't say the numbers are perfect, but they're damn close.

TOE changes:

I erred before on calculating what is lost when the Panzer Divisions' Recon and Motorcycle Battalions merge. Losses are as follow:
-3 37mm AT Gun
-3 Pioneer squad
-9 Motorcycle Squad
-2 75mm IG
-3 50mm mortar
-2 HMG
-8 Support
-3 AT Rifle

8. Panzer in January, 4. Panzer in March, 3., 13., 17., and 19. Panzer in April, 1942 have this change effected.
29. Mot.Inf.Div in December, 1941, 16. Mot.Inf.Div. in January, 3. and 36. Mot.Inf.Div.
in March, and 60. Mot.Inf.Div. in April, 1942 also have this change effected.

Also in March, 1942, the 7. Panzer disbands one Panzer Battalion. And in December, 1941, 12. Panzer will drop it's Pz38(t) in favor of German-made tanks.

22. and 23. Panzer also have new, unique TOEs.

One new unit, the 203rd Panzer Regiment will make it's debut on turn 24 and withdraw on turn 76. This is a playable unit that historically helped stem the Red tide in the AGN area, but of course the player may use it however they see fit.

Any questions or errors noted, please respond.
Enjoy![8D]
Attachments
PanzerVorwrts_1_02.zip
(2.21 MiB) Downloaded 159 times
AKA "Juggalo"
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

Excellent! Once more.
Tentpeg

Post by Tentpeg »

Been using your excellent Mod in one of my AI games and I thought it was time to thank you. BTW, the lack of ground element images detracts from an otherwise exceptional product
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

Thank you sir, for the kind words.
I'm a tinkerer at heart, and Gary, Joel, et al., have made almost the perfect game for tinkerers...(please, more slots)
Would you believe I've owned the game since launch and have yet to make it past the first winter?

When you say ground element images, are you talking about the hex pop-up graphics? Or the photo when you click on a certain ground element?

The photos I could do, but I do not know how to make the faded balkenkreuz-type graphic on the left. Or how to make them sepia toned...though that's probably not hard to learn.

The pop-up icons are easily fixed...I just never thought to do this because I don't use them.

ChadG
AKA "Juggalo"
Tentpeg

Post by Tentpeg »

Tail_gunner;

Oh my yes, more slots... Please. The late war moblile Divisions need them.

By images I mean both the icon (which can be just plugged in from the list) and the actual photo.

The pics of the French captured equipment would be nice but not essential. If you post the image I am certain someone will tag it and sepia it.

BTW, Mr. bcgames didn't someone create a Sdkfz 250 recon vehicle w/image?.
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

ORIGINAL: TAIL_GUNNER

The photos I could do, but I do not know how to make the faded balkenkreuz-type graphic on the left. Or how to make them sepia toned...though that's probably not hard to learn.

ChadG
Chad,

If you can point me to or provide the images you need to bring your mod up to snuff art-wise, I'd be glad to help produce the appropriate graphics. Let me know.

v/r

John
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

ORIGINAL: Tentpeg

...didn't someone create a Sdkfz 250 recon vehicle w/image?.
This sounds familiar. I'll check.
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

ORIGINAL: bcgames
Chad,

If you can point me to or provide the images you need to bring your mod up to snuff art-wise, I'd be glad to help produce the appropriate graphics. Let me know.

v/r

John
Thanks John for that...I appreciate it.

I think I need to take a pause and play this thing through just to see how it plays out. There's so many new equipments that appear in the spring of '42...I need to figure out if there will be room for any of it..
(Please give us more slots)
AKA "Juggalo"
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

ORIGINAL: Tentpeg

Tail_gunner;

Oh my yes, more slots... Please. The late war moblile Divisions need them.
Well I asked Pavel if this could happen, and he politely told me it would be difficult to do and is not even considered for WitW....

HOWEVER, he suggested a brilliant idea in using an attached unit to expand the TOE..
My first thought is to make each Panzer Regiment a sub-unit to their respective Panzer Divisions...
This seems feasible...but is there a downside?

Stay tuned...
AKA "Juggalo"
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

Great mod TG,

what TOE are you using for mid-late war TOE - actuals or paper TOE

And being cheeky, any chance of combining this with your playable SU mods (nothing like sending a Stug Bn with a Mot regt, or using a lone MG bn to hold a quiet section of the line)
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

ORIGINAL: TAIL_GUNNER

Well I asked Pavel if this could happen, and he politely told me it would be difficult to do and is not even considered for WitW....

HOWEVER, he suggested a brilliant idea in using an attached unit to expand the TOE..
My first thought is to make each Panzer Regiment a sub-unit to their respective Panzer Divisions...
This seems feasible...but is there a downside?

Stay tuned...
Sounds VERY interesting. You have some 'splainin' to do on this tease.
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

ORIGINAL: Tazak

Great mod TG,

what TOE are you using for mid-late war TOE - actuals or paper TOE

And being cheeky, any chance of combining this with your playable SU mods (nothing like sending a Stug Bn with a Mot regt, or using a lone MG bn to hold a quiet section of the line)
Hello Tazak,
I'll be using actual TOEs and trying to keep it as historical as possible. The one thing I won't do though is force a unit to be disbanded. This is where the historical side of this mod will steer off course. What the hell would 18. Panzer look like in 1945 if it wasn't historically disbanded in 1943?
I'll figure something out...[8|]

The Playable SU mod is more than likely dead...it takes way to much time to update it with each new patch. If you wish to update it please feel free. It is very easy, but extremely time-consuming.
AKA "Juggalo"
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

ORIGINAL: bcgames

Sounds VERY interesting. You have some 'splainin' to do on this tease.
Sneak peek...[8D]

Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (31.07 KiB) Viewed 269 times
AKA "Juggalo"

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”