Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Tech Support >> Supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply - 12/25/2011 4:42:58 PM   
waichou

I don't know if it is normal, but how does work the supply source ? This unit takes supply from Moscow (20 SP), but should have more supply (25 SP) from Kagula... The last turn it was better, as I didn't take Moscow so all my units took supply from Kagula... Can we chose the supply source, or doing something else, I think this is not normal to lose supply just because you capture a city... (By the way, I don't know why Moscow has only 20 SP this turn, it is relied to a railroad)

Thanks,

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Supply - 12/25/2011 4:48:22 PM   
waichou

I would add that this is not the only case, sometime I think the game doesn't chose the best supply source, I didn't take other pictures, but it happened...

(in reply to waichou)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply - 12/25/2011 4:58:31 PM   
doomtrader

From the top of my head, the game chooses closest supply source (in number of hexes)

(in reply to waichou)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply - 12/25/2011 5:38:54 PM   
waichou

That is what I think too, but is it normal ? I think it should calculate the best supply level for each unit, if not there are some absurd situation (like this one). The next turn, some units are at the same distance of a 20SP source and a 30SP (in the same place), but it chose the 20SP... It is critical, as I have only 1AP because of this !!

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply - 12/25/2011 8:02:27 PM   
Razz

Supply comes from the closest source.

Look at the map again. You do not have the Heart of Moscow. The Heart is MSS.

(in reply to waichou)
Post #: 5
RE: Supply - 12/25/2011 9:36:29 PM   
waichou

1) I don't think it is a good thing that supply always comes from the closest source, that is to say that sometimes it is better to let a city and continue the advance. Supply should come from the best source, which army would prefer to give less supply than possible ? And please don't answer it is easier to send supply from the closest source, from strategic point a view it is a non sense (supply never comes from a city you just captured, supply comes from rear !!)

2) I a not speaking about the MSS, my Moscow hexs (in my new turn I have also the other Moscow hex next at right) are acting like other cities, when I click on them there is supply source. In my turn, the upper Moscow is now 30SP, and the other only 20SP (maybe I have to wait one more turn...). But units which are at the same distance are all chosing the 20SP city ! I can give you my save if you don't trust me. I don't think this is normal, and it should be corriged in the next patch.

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 6
RE: Supply - 12/26/2011 12:16:28 PM   
doomtrader

The way the supply source is chosen was decided a long time ago due to the performance issues. The way it is handled now, allows to save a lot of CPU time.
It won't be possible to make such change for the first patch as this needs not only lots of changes in the code, but also a lot of testing, but we might give it a try.

(in reply to waichou)
Post #: 7
RE: Supply - 12/26/2011 12:42:55 PM   
waichou

Ok, if it is for performance issues I understand...
But I really think you should do something as soon as possible for this, because it is very embarassing for Barbarossa (I have to stop my advance every 2 turns, to wait for the city captured to have 30SP... And since I took the first suburb of Moscow, things were very more difficult, as instantly I got only 1AP instead of 3 or 4...

Anyway, I still don't understand why a unit at the same distance from 2 cities always take supply from the lower city (here Moscow, when the next turn I took another part of the city). My battle for Moscow is becoming very strange and difficult. I am not against challenge, but it is too unpredictable for me (and thinking about taking a city or not, because of supply is giving me a headhache...).

But ok, I will do with it.  But please keep in mind for later that it could be improved ! I will be the first interested fot this

Thanks, 

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 8
RE: Supply - 12/26/2011 2:35:20 PM   
willgamer

I rather like the way supply currently works.

Historically, supply was usually flaky, wonky, and generally unpredictable.

IMHO, a little uncertainty in the supply chain is reasonable; if it games with better performance, all the better.

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?

(in reply to waichou)
Post #: 9
RE: Supply - 12/26/2011 3:44:30 PM   
waichou

quote:

ORIGINAL: willgamer

I rather like the way supply currently works.

Historically, supply was usually flaky, wonky, and generally unpredictable.

IMHO, a little uncertainty in the supply chain is reasonable; if it games with better performance, all the better.

I am not saying that I would prefer 30SP all the time. I also think that with German advance there would be less supply (because with the system, I think I can have 30SP until Oural without problem, maybe too unrealistic). I am ok with a reduced supply, but the way it is actually done is strange for me (the next turn you capture a city, you will see that all your units close the city will have less SP).

(in reply to willgamer)
Post #: 10
RE: Supply - 12/26/2011 9:25:56 PM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: willgamer

I agree providing there are methods that the player can use to improve the supply situation. If supply goes down and there is nothing you can do about it then that becomes very annoying.

/Greyshaft

(in reply to willgamer)
Post #: 11
RE: Supply - 12/27/2011 2:48:56 AM   
willgamer

quote:

ORIGINAL: waichou

I am ok with a reduced supply, but the way it is actually done is strange for me (the next turn you capture a city, you will see that all your units close the city will have less SP).

Yeah, the mechanism is "illogical", but the effect is fairly right on with supply "catching up" when a railroad path is repaired (usually 2-4 turns later).

Overall, I favor playable over historical...

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?

(in reply to waichou)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Tech Support >> Supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI