Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reconstituted units and refitting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Reconstituted units and refitting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reconstituted units and refitting - 12/24/2011 8:23:42 AM   
Tarhunnas

Continued from "The Wolf and the Bear" AAR.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ComradeP

They arrive as shells, the reason you don't see them arrive as shells is the same reason you don't see Soviet units arrive as shells if no other units are refitting: they take priority when it comes to replacements because they are refitting, and the replacement segment happens after their arrival (in the same logistics phase).

With more units in refit, the reconstituted units won't suck up substantial numbers of replacements, because the replacement system will divide them between refitting units.

I play both sides, and I must say I don't see this. Soviet units arrive as shells, but German reconstituted units arrive several thousand men strong. However, I can turn off refit for newly constituted German units, but I suspect the initial allotment will eat up a lot of ARM points. Below a typical reconstituted German unit that has just arrived after being eliminated a couple of turns earlier.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Reconstituted units and refitting - 12/24/2011 8:24:49 AM   
Tarhunnas

And here is a typical reconstituted Soviet unit. Much weaker with only 20 men in one support squad.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Tarhunnas)
Post #: 2
RE: Reconstituted units and refitting - 12/24/2011 9:32:19 AM   
Helpless

Some discussion on this matter was here - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2984276

quote:

However, I can turn off refit for newly constituted German units, but I suspect the initial allotment will eat up a lot of ARM points.

They might take elements from pool.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

(in reply to Tarhunnas)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Reconstituted units and refitting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI