Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DW still need more help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> DW still need more help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DW still need more help - 12/23/2011 7:49:31 PM   
RisingSun

I couldnt find this anywhere else, except few details already mention. For the next patch or expansion, would like to see more tech trees, more options over contact and diplomacy. Its annoying to have pirates or factions keep bugging you for contracts or trading informations and wish there was ignored button. Since i dont deal with terrorists or pirates that have been harrassing me from day one.

Here something important that needed to be cleared up for AIs for civilian freighters, i have been monitoring most freighters between two colonies. Colony one is the capitol while second colony is stocking up strategic resources, while the capitol is low on those resources. What we need is straight forward convoy routes, for example: this freighter is carrying carlson to this colony and when the freighter is complete it will turn back to capitol, why cant that freighter put up any strategic resources. Having freighters doing one run and dropping off then picking up while returning to colonies. Would make sense if the freighters dropping off and picking up what needed by the colonies. I suppose if there was an options or buttons that this resources is needed by this colony and the AIs would start focusing it, but only a few. In some points, there can be so many or most of them will start doing that runs and that would be stupid. Having balance convoy runs, one for fuels, two for strategic resources and third is luxury resources. Finally the last part would be transporting civilians from colonies to colonies. Would need to have an options that no civilians is allows to leave that colony.

If the colony is building spaceport or there one exist, should stock up on strategic resources based on population on that planet.

It is possible that other races or allies will start bringing in their civilians to your empire and get mixed up, so some of you guys may or maynot like that ideas. There also should be an options that no alien races is allowed to emerge with us, i noticed there an button down the bottom that you can remove them, but least prevent it from them keep bringing more and more. This usually happen to resort stations while attracting tourists, etcs.

At the beginning i can make a resupply ship without the techs, believe it was listed in energy techs. When you decided to make a larger warship, for a carrier for example, it stated that i dont have that knowledge yet (samn as resupply ship) that i can make blueprint of it, but cant construct it. Well i can make resupply ship, but not a carrier or larger warship for some reasons. The tech trees seem to be incomplete.

Still looking forward to grow and making this game to get better.
Post #: 1
RE: DW still need more help - 12/24/2011 12:36:49 PM   
Canute

Yes the private sector need a big overhaul, we all know this.
But the good thing are, not only you got the problems the AI empire too. The Key is to live with that issues and build important mining stations at your own !

quote:

At the beginning i can make a resupply ship without the techs, believe it was listed in energy techs. When you decided to make a larger warship, for a carrier for example, it stated that i dont have that knowledge yet (samn as resupply ship) that i can make blueprint of it, but cant construct it. Well i can make resupply ship, but not a carrier or larger warship for some reasons. The tech trees seem to be incomplete.

I can create a blueprint of a Spaceship with hyperspeed engine, but we need to wait until we got these hyperspeed engine researched ! I don't see there a problem.
Don't forget the Da'Vinci blueprints :-)

(in reply to RisingSun)
Post #: 2
RE: DW still need more help - 12/25/2011 4:11:55 AM   
Deomrve

I've always been an advocate of the player being able to influence the private sector. This could be done by setting priority flags or contracts. Priority flags merely tell the AI that this station, planet, ect has a priority. Contracts would grant bonus payments to all freighters until all conditions in the contract are met.

(in reply to Canute)
Post #: 3
RE: DW still need more help - 12/25/2011 6:35:20 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deomrve

I've always been an advocate of the player being able to influence the private sector. This could be done by setting priority flags or contracts. Priority flags merely tell the AI that this station, planet, ect has a priority. Contracts would grant bonus payments to all freighters until all conditions in the contract are met.

Hey, now there's a good idea. Kind of like with Fleet Postures--an ability to give the AI focus, as opposed to outright taking over.

Can Poland Into Space?

(in reply to Deomrve)
Post #: 4
RE: DW still need more help - 12/25/2011 4:40:26 PM   
MasterChief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gelatinous Cube

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deomrve

Hey, now there's a good idea. Kind of like with Fleet Postures--an ability to give the AI focus, as opposed to outright taking over.

Concur, especially if you tied the level of potential influence to the government type. (i.e. Republic would have less ability to influence civilian sector than despotism or military dictatorship).

Chief of the Watch... Over the 1MC, pass the word... "DIVE!" "DIVE!"... sound two blasts of the Diving Alarm ... and pass the word, "DIVE! "DIVE!"

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 5
RE: DW still need more help - 12/28/2011 3:23:35 AM   
the1sean

Wow, super cool idea! +1

Check out my GAMEPLAY REDUX MOD (ROTS)

(in reply to MasterChief)
Post #: 6
RE: DW still need more help - 12/31/2011 12:27:13 AM   
jpwrunyan

I wish you could pay protection automatically until cancelled to keep the pirates from spamming you.
I find the constant attack alerts obnoxious.

(in reply to the1sean)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> DW still need more help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI