problem assigning leaders (soviet)

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Seminole

problem assigning leaders (soviet)

Post by Seminole »

Mud has arrived and I've pooled a enough AP I want to make a leader change to the Southwestern Front.

I was considering Zakharov or Bagryman, but they're not showing up among the leaders I can choose for replacement.

They have not been executed, nor are they KIA.
I have over 100 AP, so I presume it's not too expensive.
I checked the editor, and they should both be available at this date (10/30/41).

What am I missing?
"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck
KenchiSulla

RE: problem assigning leaders (soviet)

Post by KenchiSulla »

They probably are not promoted yet...
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
ComradeP

Post by ComradeP »

They both arrive with the rank of General-Mayor, but they need to be at least a General-Leytenant to appear on the available leader list for fronts (in which case they would still require a promotion, thus probably losing a few points from their ratings).
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Thanks, ComradeP, I was sure I was overlooking something.

Looks I know which leaders will be commanding armies during the blizzard assault.
"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”