Korean War Mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about general game modding

Moderator: Jason Petho

Warhorse

Korean War Mod

Post by Warhorse »

Hello all,

I made this Mod originally about 10 years ago as a tribute to ALL the nations involved in the Conflict, the latest version is 2.02.

I've updated this link to my OneDrive. You unzip this into your Matrix Games John Tillers Campaign Series structure, so that you end up with C:\Matrix Games\John Tillers Campaign Series\Korean War 2.02. Once installed, use the Korean War.exe to play!

Link-https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmEaW_rdp6RpgRE8e45phJaOUFQk

Here are a list of the folks kind enough over the years to lend a hand, without there help this wouldn't have been possible-

David Galster
Chris Ratcliffe
George Smithson
Gary Christian
Mark McDougall
Lance Runolfsson
Erik A. Walraven
Chris Mee

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
DukeUgrad1976

Korean War Mod

Post by DukeUgrad1976 »

[font="tahoma"]A big thank you, Mike for all your time and effort - the Korean War deserves more attention in the wargaming community by players that demand more products from developers - so what you have done is very much appreciated - hoping to utilize your mod file over this weekend - the Korean Conflict deserves more recognition  rather than being treated as the "Forgotten War" [/font]
Live Long & Prosper !
DukeUgrad1976

Korean War Mod - download attempted but failed

Post by DukeUgrad1976 »

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][/font] Got error message "Download parameters invalid - please try again later" after clicking Green download button in middle of webpage for RapidShare website - not sure what to do now.
Live Long & Prosper !
junk2drive

RE: Korean War Mod - download attempted but failed

Post by junk2drive »

Seems to be working for me.

Thanks Mike. I was always looking forward to this with some scenarios or campaigns to play. Maybe someone with the talent will come forward.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Hello, had one other fellow had a problem, are you either sharing a connection with same IP with someone else, OR maybe which browser are you using? Hope we can resolve this! Also, make sure you have javascript enabled, and also cookies. Firefox is known to be a problem, and some download managers.

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

You're welcome, I hope I can figure out why some folks can't download it, seems to be a problem that afflicts some folks. I don't have any other way of sharing it, unfortunately... I think years ago I did some sharing with ICQ or something, but this file is large.

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I have Win XP, avast and using google chrome.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Yeah me too, XP Pro, and switched to Google Chrome a while ago, seems to be less fussy with alot of things, quit using IE, Firefox, etc. Thanks for the feedback. Ugrad, any luck? I show 2 DL's, was just wondering if you got it or not.

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
DukeUgrad1976

Korean War Mod - download SUCCEEDED !

Post by DukeUgrad1976 »

My fellow wargamers - I was able to use Mozilla Firefox to download Korean War mod so kindly made available by Mike Amos - I had to disable some Firefox add-ons including Ad Blocker Plus - this allowed a separate window on the RapidShare website to appear that allowed me to register myself on the site - once registered I was able to complete the download ! Hope this will help all of you having problems with downloads even if you are using other browsers. Merry Christmas to All ! Happy Holidays as well !
Live Long & Prosper !
Warhorse

RE: Korean War Mod - download SUCCEEDED !

Post by Warhorse »

Awesome!!! Thanks for the input too, this might help others for sure, I'm no techie, so was running out of ideas!! Enjoy!!

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
DukeUgrad1976

Korean War Mod - folder location issue ?

Post by DukeUgrad1976 »

Query to Mike Amos and/or others interested in Korean War Mod - I placed successfully download folder (unzipped of course) in the JTCS file directory by placing it under folder "Rising Sun" located under the main folder "User Mods". When I attempt to use "Edit Scenario" I get a regedit error message which is a special Windows(DOS)file for editing. Is there a simple way to just locate the Korean War folder with all the necessary files (including scenarios created so kindly by Mike) in another JTCS folder so Rising Sun program can access it ? I've never tried using a User Mod scenario or campaign before so pardon my ignorance. Thanks & Merry Christmas to all !
Live Long & Prosper !
Warhorse

RE: Korean War Mod - folder location issue ?

Post by Warhorse »

Hi, Best thing to do is put it like say, C:\Matrix Games\John Tillers Campaign Series\Korean War. Just to make sure, you are editing scenario with the RSedit in the Korean War Mod folder, correct? This is it's own game, so all exe's are included. Let me know how it goes, k?

Thanks again for your interest!

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Just realized this mod is done in version 2, sooooo, for those so inclined (ahem), I'm updating the files to 1.04 standard, please don't shoot me....!![:D][X(]

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Been reading here and at the blitz. Sounds like I should wait for the 1.04 version but at the blitz it sounds like 1.04 version won't have everything in it.

Also are the scenarios being talked about(here and there)for H2H or solo?
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Hey Junk, you can go ahead and get the current version, just adding some units, not all of them. It's taking me a bit longer than expected, since some require icons also, hate wrong icons....!!

I believe the scenario's were mostly made for solo, not sure what to do with head to head. What do you recommend, I don't PBEM much...??

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Thanks. I have the first version that you posted. Waiting for the weekend to install JTCS on this new computer.

I don't PBEM at all. I just wondered if the guys at the blitz that are talking about making scenarios, would be making them for ladder play at the blitz, or if they could be ok for solo.

Meanwhile I will assume that the included scenarios are for solo.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Since you know so much about the graphics, is CS an 8 bit program? I seem to remember some discussion of that.
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

I'm quite sure you can use 32 bit graphics for the icons, but it doesn't like them for some other things, and really doesn't like it for menu screens!![:D] I make all the icons 256 after editing them in 32, just for compatibility.

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

When people like osiris complain about the graphics, I think a move to 16 or 32 bit would help a lot.

Meanwhile, I had no problem extracting the folder from the zip into my JTCS folder and starting the game from the rising sun exe. Right click and Send To... Desktop shortcut. Good to go. Now then, remembering how to play is another thing...
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Good to hear it!! I'm sure it will come back to you! If interested, over at the Blitz scenarios are being made, and PBEM, if interested. I don't much, just no time, played Mike West, it was cool, just not enough time with modding to get the turn back as fast as I would like sometimes!!

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”