Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HTTR Ex Pack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> HTTR Ex Pack Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HTTR Ex Pack - 12/21/2011 10:51:12 PM   
Arjuna

Hi all,

We have just sent the HTTR Ex Pack files off to Matrix for them to prepare an installer. This won't get done till after the New Year when the Matrix staff come back on deck after a well deserved break. But just to let you know that it won't be long now.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Post #: 1
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 12/22/2011 12:28:26 AM   
Grim.Reaper

Sounds good. Any idea of price yet?

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 2
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 12/22/2011 2:37:03 AM   
Arjuna

I need to discuss this with Matrix after the break. I'll get back to you as soon as I can on that.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 3
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 12/22/2011 3:19:15 AM   
Major SNAFU

Oh yeah!!!!!!!

Thanks.  This is going to be what I reserve my Matrix mad-money for....

"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." - T. Bartlet Rile, Prof. Irish History in Frank Delany's "Ireland: A Novel."

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 4
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 12/22/2011 11:39:44 AM   
GBS

Do you think this #3 patch you spoke of will be after new years as well?

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 5
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 12/22/2011 2:05:42 PM   
Blond_Knight

As long as its only old men and kids.

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 6
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 12/22/2011 6:02:38 PM   
wodin

Patch 3 wont be out till next week I reckon.

(in reply to Blond_Knight)
Post #: 7
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 12/22/2011 9:29:51 PM   
Arjuna

Pathc #3 won't be addressed by Matrix till after the New Year. And it's the ususal process of them working up an installer and making it available for a beta download, then waiting for any responses and if none then going final with it a week or so later.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 8
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 12/22/2011 11:44:22 PM   
wodin

Thats cool. Other things to do over the next week or so.

I still haven't gotten around to playing a game with the latest patch anyway.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 9
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 12/23/2011 7:15:48 AM   
SeinfeldRules

So excited for this! Gonna rewatch A Bridge Too Far in preparation. 

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 10
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 12/23/2011 1:40:55 PM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

I need to discuss this with Matrix after the break. I'll get back to you as soon as I can on that.

Thanks, I appreciate it...keeping fingers crossed it is reasonable:)

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 11
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 12/23/2011 2:16:17 PM   
benpark

Back to the future! I'm looking forward to this. The large scenario seems the closest thing to a campaign yet for this engine.

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

Post #: 12
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 12/26/2011 5:26:56 PM   
Llyranor

quote:

ORIGINAL: benpark
The large scenario seems the closest thing to a campaign yet for this engine.

I was wondering what this was because I thought it was just a 'port'/rebalancing of the HTTR maps. But wow, combining the Nijmegen/Arnhem sectors together? That's going to be fun!!

(in reply to benpark)
Post #: 13
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 12/26/2011 6:39:02 PM   
simovitch

We endeavored to make it a whole new experience for you guys who are HTTR vets. Nearly every scenario was reworked one way or the other - not only through revised maps and mixed-mode movement but also through re-researched and revised OOB's and UK estabs and scenario play mechanics.

A good example is the Eindhoven Campaign scenario. In HTTR because there were no exit victory locations, you were limited to playing only those elements of XXX corps that fought in this part of Hell's Highway, and the Coldstream Guards appeared as reinforcements late in the game coming from Nijmegen (i.e. you assumed that Guards Armored magically passes through to Nijmegen). In the remake, you get the whole Guards Armored to do with what you want, so we re-balanced the scenario so you will need to eventually exit most to Nijmegen to win.

In the Nijmegen scenario, you get big points for exiting off the north edge to Arnhem.

In the Arnhem Scenario you will start feeling the pinch of having your SEP's overrun by Tettau's Corps midgame.

< Message edited by simovitch -- 12/26/2011 9:45:31 PM >

simovitch

(in reply to Llyranor)
Post #: 14
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 12/27/2011 10:31:36 PM   
Llyranor

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch
A good example is the Eindhoven Campaign scenario. In HTTR because there were no exit victory locations, you were limited to playing only those elements of XXX corps that fought in this part of Hell's Highway, and the Coldstream Guards appeared as reinforcements late in the game coming from Nijmegen (i.e. you assumed that Guards Armored magically passes through to Nijmegen). In the remake, you get the whole Guards Armored to do with what you want, so we re-balanced the scenario so you will need to eventually exit most to Nijmegen to win.

Haha, I remember a PvP game I had against a friend. I was the German defender. I had managed to secure Veghel and its bridge and fortify along the river, all facing southward. At that point, repelling the enemy was proceeding well, until those Guards popped up behind my rear and just very nearly broke my defenses. Nice rebalancing!

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 15
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 1/8/2012 10:16:47 AM   
pcelt

Please forgive my impatience ( life expectancy statistics for 76 yr old males not totally reassuring or encouraging)--but any news yet re cost and availability date for this HTTR Ex pack for BFTB.
Thanks

(in reply to Llyranor)
Post #: 16
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 1/8/2012 3:39:21 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: pcelt

Please forgive my impatience ( life expectancy statistics for 76 yr old males not totally reassuring or encouraging)--but any news yet re cost and availability date for this HTTR Ex pack for BFTB.
Thanks

Thats one reason I find wargaming and the community is special, due to the wide agree ranges it brings alot of people together that are from totally different generations all with the same interest.

I myself am only 40 yet find myself worrying about games that are still years and years away like CMx2 East front series, that game seems about 15 years away!

Anway good health to you Sir, you have many years left I'm sure.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to pcelt)
Post #: 17
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 1/8/2012 4:02:56 PM   
phoenix

Well, a doctor said to me that all bets are off after 40, Wodin.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 18
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 1/8/2012 10:34:51 PM   
Arjuna

Re Availability. It should be ready soon. We signed off on it before Xmas but it was too late for Matrix tyo do anything about it before they broke for their Xmas/New Year leave. They should be back on deck next week.

Re Price. I need to discuss this with Matrix and get back to you. Thanks for reminding me.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 19
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 1/9/2012 9:02:57 AM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: phoenix

Well, a doctor said to me that all bets are off after 40, Wodin.

Very true...age 25 to 33 testicular cancer...age 40 to 55 heart attack. They say if you hit 60 without having a heart attack your probably not going to have one.

Once you hit forty you are in a danger area for a fair while. Blimey this is depressing.

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 20
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 1/9/2012 11:14:16 AM   
GBS

Matrix enjoys those European style month long holidays.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 21
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 1/9/2012 1:51:10 PM   
stian

quote:

ORIGINAL: GBS

Matrix enjoys those European style month long holidays.

And good on 'em I say!

Thanks to Arjuna for the update, looking forward to this! :)

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 22
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 1/9/2012 4:26:32 PM   
GBS

I hope they don't forget the #3 patch as well.

(in reply to stian)
Post #: 23
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 1/14/2012 7:25:56 PM   
BigDuke66

@simovitch
Now that we have a release date could you give some more details of the rework on the HTTR scenarios?

JOIN The Blitz Wargaming Club

"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 24
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 1/14/2012 8:37:24 PM   
simovitch

I will be doing a full on promotional AAR for Matrix to come out hopefully just prior to release.

Here's an excerpt:

quote:

The HTTR expansion Pack is a set of 13 scenarios covering all of the major actions that took place during the Market Garden Campaign in Holland, September 17-26 1944. The project began in 2006 with the conversion of the HTTR maps for mixed-mode movement. As we dug into the map conversion we discovered more and more issues that needed attention. Many parts of the maps had to be re-worked since minor and major river terrain had wiped out mechanized road movement wherever the roads were drawn too close to the river (like almost everywhere) and many new crossings were added where these roads crossed the rivers. Numerous other historical accuracy checks and revisions were made using veteran’ accounts, period aerial photographs and digital topography.

We also expanded the Eindhoven map and scenario start time to include the Irish Guard’s probe into Aalst on the morning of September 18th. But the big-ticket item included in the pack is the melding together of the Nijmegen and Arnhem Campaigns into one 10-day long mega scenario. The Map is 27 Km wide and covers the battlefield from south of Grave to 15 Km north of Arnhem. Developed, playtested and balanced by Panther Game’s beta testing team, this scenario promises to provide an experience like nothing you have ever seen before in real-time strategy wargaming.
Every scenario had to be designed to incorporate all of the new features that have been introduced into the series through “Conquest of the Aegean” and “Battles from the Bulge” including the new supply mechanics, supply entry points, and exit victory conditions.

The German and Allied OOB's for the Market Garden Campaign had to be reconstructed with the new BFTB estabs, unit by unit. All of the historical bios and unit histories were transferred over from HTTR and many new ones added that were missing in the original. Both the German and the British OOB's have been extensively reworked for historical accuracy based on new information, most of which has become available only after HTTR was released. Guards Armoured Division, 107th Panzer Brigade, Korps Feldt, 406th Infantry Division, Kampfgruppe Walther all got closely reviewed and many revisions and corrections were made based on historical research.

simovitch

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 25
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 1/14/2012 11:28:10 PM   
Deathtreader

Ohboy oboy oboy oboy oboy oboy oboy............

Rob.

So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 26
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 1/14/2012 11:46:59 PM   
wodin

The description says to me "expect a hefty price tag lads" though I maybe being paranoid and reading to much into it....yet really we are only talking about new scenarios...maybe great ones but it's not really an expansion it's a scenario pack and I hope it's priced as one similar to FoG scenario packs.

(in reply to Deathtreader)
Post #: 27
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 1/15/2012 1:31:48 AM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

The description says to me "expect a hefty price tag lads" though I maybe being paranoid and reading to much into it....yet really we are only talking about new scenarios...maybe great ones but it's not really an expansion it's a scenario pack and I hope it's priced as one similar to FoG scenario packs.

Hate to say it, but I am thinking the same. The silence of the price is similar to the original release which we know how that turned out:(. I hope i am pleasantly proven wrong. The original httr game is only $19 so would be funny to see the exp pack to cost more than the full original game.

< Message edited by Grim.Reaper -- 1/15/2012 1:36:34 AM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 28
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 1/15/2012 2:07:33 AM   
Arjuna

Give us a break guys. Sorting out the price is the very last thing we do in the dev cycle. Maybe we should be more anal about it and get this sorted up front but we prefer to focus on the hard stuff first - ie the development of the product and leave this marketing stuff to the end. The only reason there is a delay on the price is because we only signed off on it a couple of days before Xmas and Matrix and us have been on leave since. I'm waiting on Matrix to get back to us regarding one aspect and then it should be sorted.

In the meantime I'd appreciate if you would keep your worst fears to yourselves. There will be plenty of time to complain after the announcement if that is your bent.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Post #: 29
RE: HTTR Ex Pack - 1/15/2012 2:44:19 AM   
Grim.Reaper

Fair enough Dave....my curiosity and eagerness got the best of me. I will reserve judgement until the final official information is released.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> HTTR Ex Pack Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI