Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

JSGME and WITE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> JSGME and WITE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
JSGME and WITE - 12/21/2011 4:20:19 AM   
bcgames

JSGME is a program that allows you to quickly swap out a game's original files for modified files--without losing the originals.

If you're interested in this capability, here's what to do:

1. Download the program here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/15524005/jsgme_setup_v2.3.1.exe

2. Launch the JSGME exe and install it in the c:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's War in the East folder. Accept the default for installing a shortcut to desktop.

3. Create a sub-folder called MODS inside the c:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's War in the East folder

4. Place whatever JSGME-compatible mod you have in the MODS folder.

EXAMPLE: In the image below you can see the MODS folder that I created in my WITE game directory. You can also see two JSGME-compatible mods that I placed in this folder (FrontLineDate_Zoom2 and MapNames_Zoom2).

5. Now double-click on the JSGME shortcut for WITE on your desktop. You will see listed all the JSGME-compatible mods that you have placed in the WITE MODS folder. Now you can select all/some/none of the WITE mods you want to use. Once the mods are loaded, close JSGME and then load WITE as you normally would. You are now ready to play--with mods.

(Thanks to Iron Duke for this tip)

< Message edited by bcgames -- 4/29/2012 2:37:55 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: JSGME and WITE - 12/21/2011 5:06:32 AM   
bcgames

If you think you want to try JSGME, here's a test for you.

Follow the instructions above, and then get the file attached to this post. The attached file is a JSGME-compatible mod for the WITE main splash screen. Download the file and unzip it in your newly-created MODS folder. As per item 5 above, double-click on the JSGME shortcut for WITE on your desktop. You should see the WITE_Splash_Soviet1 mod listed as an available mod on your JSGME screen. Select the mod. Once the mod is loaded, close JSGME and load WITE. If you've done everything correctly, then your load screen should look like this:

I will be making all my WITE Art mods JSGME-compatible in the near future. But once you see how this tool works, there's nothing stopping you from converting all the current mods NOW for your immediate use.

Give it a try...I wish I had about eight months ago...but I was too busy backing up my files...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> JSGME and WITE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI