Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need help with sound Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Need help with sound Mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need help with sound Mod - 12/20/2011 9:47:34 PM   
wodin

I need help with regards to WAV files for a sound Mod I'm making for a certain East front tactic game.

I need a source of as many specific german and Russian sounds for weapons from rifles to Art to Aircraft.

IF anyone can direct me to some online or has any they cans end em i'd be very happy.

Thanks

Post #: 1
RE: Need help with sound Mod - 12/20/2011 11:45:07 PM   
redcoat

WinSPWW2 uses WAV sound files. If you download the (free) game you' ll get them. There is also the 'Cross Sounds' mod for WinSPWW2 - which has many alternative sounds. You can find it here.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: Need help with sound Mod - 12/21/2011 12:37:06 AM   
junk2drive

One of the above should have a sound map included so that you know what is what.

SPWAW is also free and that has a sound map included.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 3
RE: Need help with sound Mod - 12/21/2011 1:32:27 AM   
wodin

Thanks for the tips. I want to get as many unique invidual weapon sounds as possible and try and avoid any generic one. Though that may be asking to much. Still worth a try.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 4
RE: Need help with sound Mod - 12/21/2011 1:35:37 AM   
junk2drive

What do you mean unique? There are lots of specific sounds in the games listed. Why reinvent the wheel?

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: Need help with sound Mod - 12/21/2011 2:20:05 AM   
wodin

I mean the correct sound for the weapon rather than a generic one. I haven't the ability nor know how to actaully recreate sounds, so no chance of me reinventing anything! ;)

Just downloaded the above Mods but the trouble with all sound files I've found so far is they aren't named but just given a number. Makes it difficult to work out what is what.

< Message edited by wodin -- 12/21/2011 12:50:03 PM >

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 6
RE: Need help with sound Mod - 12/21/2011 2:47:36 PM   
redcoat

There is an excel file which lists the sounds by name. I don't have a copy any more though. IIRC some of the sounds in the 'Cross Sounds' mod are specific rather than generic. Particular types of small arm for example. You could always contact Cross in the Shrapnel or theblitz.org forums.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 7
RE: Need help with sound Mod - 12/21/2011 2:57:05 PM   
wodin

I've sent him an email.

thanks

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Need help with sound Mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI