I have several dozen ships at PH in various states of repair. The total tonnage in shipyards was slightly below maximum, with the rest dockside or at ARs (3). I have a bunch with 1 day remaining that have had 1 day for over a week now, with maybe one or two converting to ready each day. I also note that the most heavily damaged ship is a BB from Dec 7 that is not repairing. The California has had 450 days needed for months and is making no progress even though I have her listed as "critical". She is too heavily damaged to risk taking to the mainland. Finally, when I docked another BB with only 20 damage, it went into automatic upgrade and exceeded shipyard capacity and now I can not move her to readiness, and it looks like I'm stuck for 90 days.
1. Why are all the 1 day ships not shifting to ready? Most are pierside repairs.
2. Why is California not repairing even if shipyard is now overloaded if it is listed as critical?
3. Is there anything I can do to stop the upgrades so I can move less heavily damaged ships out of the shipyard or even to the CONUS?
1. Is there a "#" next to the days remaining number? Is so, that means that the damage cannot be repaired in the current mode. If there's just 1 or 2 points of damage, I wouldn't worry about it. Just set them to readiness status with the damage remaining and let them go. You can fix that level of damage at your convenience, it won't unduly interfere with the ship's operation.
2. Is California in the shipyard, or pierside? She's probably not going to repair at pierside.
3. I don't think there's any way to stop the upgrades once they've started. You should set all ships to "Do Not Upgrade" and only set them to "Upgrade" when you're ready for them.
If you've got "several dozen" ships trying to repair at Pearl Harbor, you're probably out of repair points. You need to spread them out amongst your shipyards to balance the load.