Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

IJN CVE question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> IJN CVE question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IJN CVE question - 12/20/2011 5:37:09 PM   
MXB2001

In version 1 auto create replenish TF would put CVE's loaded with rep. a/c in. v3 no longer does but you can do it manually. Was this an intentional change? I do like to use auto create as much as possible. I understand why it might have been changed (to avoid lowering exp. of squadrons if you use them as air comb. ships). Just curious and wondering if there were any other replenish changes.

So far I've found I can use the CVE's in surf. comb. TF's which is new I think. One of them does 25 kn. and so can pretty much keep up with the BB's. Also curious why the BC's were changed to BB's (Kongo etc. 30 knotters which were built as BC and refitted as BB which is nice and accurate on paper but they were still BC's in reality as Guadalcanal drove home painfully)
Post #: 1
RE: IJN CVE question - 12/21/2011 5:01:55 AM   
bradk

Don't know about auto create as I never use it. Howvever, do know this.

A replenish TF refuels before it transfers aircraft. No AOs or TKs, or out of fuel, no aircraft transfer.

There is a problem with having two replenish TFs in the same area. Only one will be used. At least this is the case with Allies.

Replenish TFs transfer amunition. So refuelding a surface combat or bombardment TF sets ammo back to 9.

Need LOTS of supply points at the base where the replenish TF is formed. Supply cost is same as shipping cost, 20 points per aircraft. So with 2 Casaablanca CVE units, two ships each, you have aircraft capacity 27 x 2 because they carry double the amount of replacement aircraft x 4 ships x 20 points per aircraft = 4320 supply points.

No aircraft are deducted from teh pool when a replenish TF loads. They are deducted from the pool when the replenish TF transfers aircraft.

Replenish TFs always have the right aircraft models to replace losses as long as pool amounts are sufficient.

When a replenish TF returns to port, any remaining aircraft aboard are converted back into supply points.

If a replenish CVE is sunk, no aircraft are lost. The supply points are lost.

The Kongos were BBs in SSI. I didn't play anything between SSI V x22 and Matrix V 3.2 so I don't know what happened in between.

According to the original manual, in surface combat, ships match up with their own type, with any leftover ships shooting at the best target. However, there appears to be randomness involved in selecting the best target. The ship that fires first choses the matchup, and gets return fire from its target. It may be that calling the Kongos BCs with the USN having none for most of the war and RN having at most two (but probably one) resulted in matchups with results unacceptable to Matrix.

< Message edited by bradk -- 12/21/2011 5:10:44 AM >

(in reply to MXB2001)
Post #: 2
RE: IJN CVE question - 12/21/2011 9:04:40 PM   
MXB2001

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradk

Don't know about auto create as I never use it. Howvever, do know this.

A replenish TF refuels before it transfers aircraft. No AOs or TKs, or out of fuel, no aircraft transfer.

There is a problem with having two replenish TFs in the same area. Only one will be used. At least this is the case with Allies.

Replenish TFs transfer amunition. So refuelding a surface combat or bombardment TF sets ammo back to 9.

Need LOTS of supply points at the base where the replenish TF is formed. Supply cost is same as shipping cost, 20 points per aircraft. So with 2 Casaablanca CVE units, two ships each, you have aircraft capacity 27 x 2 because they carry double the amount of replacement aircraft x 4 ships x 20 points per aircraft = 4320 supply points.

No aircraft are deducted from teh pool when a replenish TF loads. They are deducted from the pool when the replenish TF transfers aircraft.

Replenish TFs always have the right aircraft models to replace losses as long as pool amounts are sufficient.

When a replenish TF returns to port, any remaining aircraft aboard are converted back into supply points.

If a replenish CVE is sunk, no aircraft are lost. The supply points are lost.

The Kongos were BBs in SSI. I didn't play anything between SSI V x22 and Matrix V 3.2 so I don't know what happened in between.

According to the original manual, in surface combat, ships match up with their own type, with any leftover ships shooting at the best target. However, there appears to be randomness involved in selecting the best target. The ship that fires first choses the matchup, and gets return fire from its target. It may be that calling the Kongos BCs with the USN having none for most of the war and RN having at most two (but probably one) resulted in matchups with results unacceptable to Matrix.

Interesting notes about the supplies/ac pools bugs. In any case I've decided to use the IJN CVE's in the air combat. One of the 2 in the new version used to be a CVL anyways! Slow but we need every carrier we can get. <g>

Sorry about the BB/BC, there was no change, I was wrong! It's been a loooong time. I'm a gettin' senile in me old age...

(in reply to bradk)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> IJN CVE question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI