Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fighter Attrition

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Tech Support >> Fighter Attrition Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fighter Attrition - 12/19/2011 7:18:45 PM   
Cad908

Here are images from Northern France over a couple of turns.

(Note, this is not an example of quality play, just learning the engine )

I have tagged six British Fighter groups that have 59 strength points.

Turn 35, the Germans conduct numerous strikes on French, Dutch and Belgium units. Four are conducted on British units. There is one is interception combat, causing a loss of 1 sp to the German TAC air, and none to the British intercepting Fighter.

The British lose 5 Fighter strength points, none of which are documented in reports.

Turn 36, again the Germans conduct strikes, two are against British land units, and there is no interception combat reports.

The British lose an additional 6 Fighter strength point, and none are documented in reports.

Conclusion:

While this might be a bug, it seems to me that air superiority is going on behind the scenes. Meaning, the British fighters are contesting the air space in Northern France against the Germans. This combat is built into the model, and that is fine by me.

However, it would be nice to see something to document this combat. Suggest:

1. A tab under reports labeled "air superiority" which would briefly detail losses incurred and dealt. It would be useful to know how effective I am, and whether it makes sense to continue the effort, or withdraw my fighters out of contact.

2. On map noting of relative air superiority. The engine calculates this now, or so the manual indicates. Perhaps this could be with the hex detail, and the player could see if they were at 1.0 (parity) or better/worse.

Either/both of these might prove useful. Thanks in advance.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Fighter Attrition - 12/19/2011 8:22:21 PM   
doomtrader

Looks like we have missed such report and obviously it should be created for future patch.

(in reply to Cad908)
Post #: 2
RE: Fighter Attrition - 12/20/2011 4:38:15 PM   
Cad908

Doom,

Thanks for your reply. I was wondering if the fighter groups' experience was rising due to this behind the scenes combat. Here are the before and afters for each group, (two turns, roughly counter-clockwise on the map):

No 11 Group: 25 rising to 28 (conducted a successful intercept on turn 35)
56 Fighters: 8 remained the same (group near Dover that did not lose any strength. Dover must be a bad spot for fighter pilots )
25 Fighters: 37 rising to 39
No 13 Group: 0 rising to 3
No 12 Group: 2 rising to 6
84 Fighters: 12 rising to 16

The 5 groups that were active gained 16 points of experience, which is about 1.5 per group per turn (small sample size). Assume this is WAD, and answered my own question.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 3
RE: Fighter Attrition - 12/20/2011 10:30:08 PM   
doomtrader

Air units should gain experience even for just trying to intercept enemy

(in reply to Cad908)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Tech Support >> Fighter Attrition Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI