Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why no Stickies or Tops?!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Why no Stickies or Tops?! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why no Stickies or Tops?! - 12/19/2011 12:23:46 AM   
mariandavid

It really is baffling that this War Room has NO tops stickies. Just from looking through the latest threads it is clear that there are some that need to be identified as such for Legends. It must be very, very discouraging for a new player to face this - no operating Wiki and no set of learning and advice stickies. Perhaps those responsible (maybe no one is!) could check the War Room of a game of comparable complexity like War in the Pacific to see what is needed.

Having vented - my thanks to those who have provided, recently and in the past, such excellent support files as are found here.
Post #: 1
RE: Why no Stickies or Tops?! - 12/19/2011 12:28:42 AM   
Nedrear

We could just make a sticky thread and push it daily. Should work...

E.g. a thread with links to all guide threads.

< Message edited by Nedrear -- 12/19/2011 12:30:31 AM >

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to mariandavid)
Post #: 2
RE: Why no Stickies or Tops?! - 12/19/2011 12:30:12 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

I agree. The Energy thread, Jeeves' strategy guide, the early game resource guide, and some others certainly spring to mind.

Some of that stuff is so good it ought to be in the Galactopedia.

Can Poland Into Space?

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 3
RE: Why no Stickies or Tops?! - 12/19/2011 5:37:42 AM   
mariandavid

Nadrear: Many, many thanks for your prompt response and action!!

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 4
RE: Why no Stickies or Tops?! - 12/20/2011 4:50:31 PM   
sabre1

Yep we need a place to deposit all this wisdom for the new guys. I'm still new, and still learning.

(in reply to mariandavid)
Post #: 5
RE: Why no Stickies or Tops?! - 9/2/2012 10:45:57 AM   
Sithuk

Why will the mods not make stickies here? The latest sale is bringing in new players which is good, but the same old questions are coming up again and again. The guide to guides should be stickied as a minimum.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2988049

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 6
RE: Why no Stickies or Tops?! - 9/4/2012 3:37:33 AM   
Darkspire

Think you will find that it is because these things need updating on a regular basis, all of the guides are useful but to a complete noob at 4x looking for help they need to be 100% up to date, ive been playing 4x since M.U.L.E but still new to DW and am used to reading a guide and then updating any missing / out of date info myself, they have to cater for the 4x noob / computer user with tech level 0, no insult intended to anyone.
Lets be honest here, the in-game Galactopedia is incorrect and needs updating so what hope does the war room have?

Darkspire

Darkspires's File Repository

Dual Core E4500 2.20GHz - GeForce 8800GT (1gb) - XP 32bit 4gb with a 3gb twist and a shaking of PAE

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 7
RE: Why no Stickies or Tops?! - 9/4/2012 11:08:27 AM   
Arcatus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darkspire

(...)

Lets be honest here, the in-game Galactopedia is incorrect and needs updating so what hope does the war room have?

Darkspire

Us.

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Why no Stickies or Tops?! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI