Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Leader Availability

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Leader Availability Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Leader Availability - 12/18/2011 8:26:09 AM   
Schmart

Playing as the Russians, I'm changing some of my HQ leaders. I've noticed that it appears as though Army HQs attached to Stavka have a smaller pool of available leaders to choose from. HQs attached to fronts seems to have a larger pool to choose from. And with the larger pool, better leaders are available. Is this WAD?
Post #: 1
RE: Leader Availability - 12/18/2011 8:27:04 AM   
Schmart

Army HQ attached to Stavka. Relatively small pool of available leaders. I'm trying to find leaders with 6 Inf rating. None available here:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Schmart -- 12/18/2011 8:28:14 AM >

(in reply to Schmart)
Post #: 2
RE: Leader Availability - 12/18/2011 8:29:24 AM   
Schmart

But if I go to an Army HQ attached to a Front HQ, more leaders are available, and a bunch of those 6 Inf ratings ones I'm looking for. Also note difference in size of the slider bar. Even leaders already assigned to other HQs don't show up the same in both cases. Some show up in both, some show only in one or the other.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Schmart -- 12/18/2011 8:32:42 AM >

(in reply to Schmart)
Post #: 3
RE: Leader Availability - 12/18/2011 10:17:42 AM   
Omat

nevermind

< Message edited by Omat -- 12/18/2011 10:37:22 AM >

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another."
Anatole France

(in reply to Schmart)
Post #: 4
RE: Leader Availability - 12/18/2011 10:20:12 AM   
Omat

nervermind

< Message edited by Omat -- 12/18/2011 10:37:44 AM >

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another."
Anatole France

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 5
RE: Leader Availability - 12/18/2011 10:33:27 AM   
Schmart

No, this is not command level limitation. I'm talking about something different. As you can see in my screenshots, both HQs are Armies (1st and 3rd Shock Armies). The leaders available to one Army (3rd Shock) should be the same for another Army (1st Shock), shouldn't they?

Edit: I could get the full list of available leaders for 3rd Shock Army, but only after it was assigned to a Front and attached some Divisions. It wasn't until I went back to 3rd Shock Army after doing some other things in my turn that I could get the full list of leaders. I experimented with another Army HQ at the same time (4th Shock Army), and I got the small list at first, but I could get the full list of leaders as soon as I assigned it to a Front (no Divisions attached, and without fiddling with other stuff). Seems kinda 'buggy'...

< Message edited by Schmart -- 12/18/2011 10:47:54 AM >

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 6
RE: Leader Availability - 12/18/2011 10:38:00 AM   
Omat

Hello

Sorry did not get it.

It also depends how many tank or mech units are attached..

When only inf units are attached you can choase other leader than when more tank units are attached.

The first picture..I suggest this army have armor the second not many ...

In other words the ratio or amror to inf is important.

Mor inf you get leader for inf..more tank units you get a good tank leader.

If the army does not have any units attached the ai chose a commander which can be used for both.

Omat

< Message edited by Omat -- 12/18/2011 10:47:03 AM >

Anatole France

(in reply to Schmart)
Post #: 7
RE: Leader Availability - 12/18/2011 10:46:14 AM   
Schmart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omat

The first picture..I suggest this army have armor the second not many ...

In other words the ratio or amror to inf is important.

In the sreen shot for 3rd Shock Army, NO units are attached. Shouldn't I get a full list of leaders? See the edit to my post just above.

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 8
RE: Leader Availability - 12/18/2011 10:54:27 AM   
Omat

Hello

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omat

If the army does not have any units attached the ai chose a commander which can be used for both.

Omat

Simply attach an Inf unit to the army and you got that list you want. Some others attach more tank units to it (till tank armies can be created). How should the ai know want do you want?

And you never got the full list..only round about 100 leaders maximum.

I believe technically the ai looks at the ratio of unit which are attached..if more inf than a leader with better inf rating...if more armor leaders with better armor raiting is chosen. If equal or none than leaders are chosen which have a good Inf and Armor good ratings...

But when there aren`t many good leaders with good both ratings than they could not shown because there are not anymore

Omat

< Message edited by Omat -- 12/18/2011 11:18:11 AM >

Anatole France

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 9
RE: Leader Availability - 12/18/2011 1:15:44 PM   
ComradeP

The Soviets have way more leaders than will appear in such a list. I've asked Pavel if the list could be expanded in some way to accomodate more leaders, because I'm often facing similar issues to yours, where the desired leader isn't on the list. Airborne corps leader lists also tend to focus on the bottom of the leader barrel, for some reason.

< Message edited by ComradeP -- 12/18/2011 1:17:38 PM >

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Leader Availability Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI