My wish list :
- Add random events like :
Tempest/hurricane => XX Ship/airplane damaged or sunk/lost.
Storm/Mud/Rasputitsa => Tanks/AFV damaged/stuck.
Sand storm/fech-fech => Vehicles slowed/damaged/stuck.
...and so on
- In relation to the preceding request : Each time I launch a campaign I'm stuck by the evidence that, somehow, I'm commanding a clone army ! Be it five, ten or more divisions in my OoB, each and every one of them have the same amount of men, arty pieces and AFV. In real life not two divisions are absolutely identical, even if sharing the same assets on the roster. Please, introduce a subtle dose of randomness here ! Something making each unit subtly different from its armed neighbor, even if both share the same title, be it division, corps or army.
- A "Sleep one turn/always" button (even "Panzer general Forever" as got one, and many already asked that feature for "Time of wrath" so come on...).
- A Previous unit shortcut (same thing here).
- A possibility to save the "Unit management panel" filters from turn to turn (actually it's a pain in the b.. as how it's working now).
- A "Check/Uncheck all" button for the same panel... and the same reason.
- Make the weather conditions a more important aspect. That's often a dominant factor in all operations conducted during war time and that should be reflected in your game. As it is now, it's almost useless to check for the weather, as it's treated only as a unimportant factor in an already transparent calculation for the player. Find a way to make it indispensable to check before launching an offensive, a bombardment raid or a beach landing assault. Please !
- Make all units in command radius color coded or something, as to see at a glance who's in charge of who and where. That could help creating fronts resembling something else than a pile of units thrown against each others. As a collateral request I'd like to see less flexibility in the command structure (penalties for a patchwork front and bonuses for maintaining units under a certain commander ; think "Operational art of war"... with a more light mind).
- Having a light hierarchical structure (Division ; Corps ; Armies) is fine for this game BUT I often peste (pronounce it "pest") against the inability to add some brigades to certain units. "Hearts of iron" designers came to the conclusion it would be a great addition to their series and guess what ? It's been a HUGE addition for the fun too (imho) ! Don't be shy Wasteland, it's your fourth attempt with the same concept so go for it, give us the mighty Arty ; Police ; Recce ; A.A., A-T (and the fire ?) brigades !
- A more dynamic and complete info bar ! Each time I need to know what's in that particular hex, why should I be forced to click in it, then on a separate icon, just to see the full detailed features ?
- Think RIGHT (mouse button) ! You really could get rid with many useless, space wasting icons, just adding a right mouse button menu (and replace the current "Right click" action with a Ctrl+ or Alt+ click shortcut).
That's all (for now) and I wish a merry good year to all of you.
(Oh ! And yes, the Maginot is really weak... )
"One ring to find them all..."