Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

9 years to Research?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> 9 years to Research? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9 years to Research? - 12/16/2011 11:18:52 PM   
Numdydar

Here are the two tech screens. Note that it is going to take 109 MONTHS to research the A bomb. That's over 9 years!!!! Does the game last that long?

It's already at lv 2. Does it have to lv 3 research to have a chance of becoming available before the game is over?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: 9 years to Research? - 12/16/2011 11:37:14 PM   
Wolfe

I think the key word in the sentence is Estimated.

On average at 2 stars it is going to take you 9 years (i.e. your not going to get it) but you might get (probably very) lucky and be able to drop it before the war ends.

With 3 stars I suspect the estimated (i.e. average) time may sill be longer than the war but you will probably need less in the way of luck to actually have it before the end of the war.

Which if I'm right seems OK as creating a deliverable Nuke in the historical timeframe of the ETO was and should be a big gamble in terms of effective allocation of resources.

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 2
RE: 9 years to Research? - 12/17/2011 12:01:57 AM   
Numdydar

We'll see. It was even worse than that estimate before I bumped it up to lv 2. Of course at the rate I am going, I'll have overrun everyone long before the A bomb is ready

(in reply to Wolfe)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> 9 years to Research? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI