Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hi I am the new one

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Hi I am the new one Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hi I am the new one - 12/16/2011 10:52:12 AM   
Heliot

Hi fellow admirals,

Just wanted so say hello because I have just ordered the game and both expansions my bank transfer is already done can anyone tell how fast I can expect my download?

I could play a little bit of the original game by a friend and allready this is a game that does things right some big and mighty I need six GB Ram games can not do

I am just curios and would like to know some things, will the ai auto retrofit civilian gas and mining stations and spaceport? Andis it possible to give the game a custom disigned ship and the ai will only update the newer tech? When I played it tended to put troop compartments on my cruiser but I did not wanted this and when I changed the ship picture it updated it to the old one the next time?

MfG,
Heliot

< Message edited by Heliot -- 12/16/2011 10:53:52 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Hi I am the new one - 12/16/2011 2:27:22 PM   
feelotraveller

Welcome to the forum Heliot.

The computer will retrofit spaceports occasionally but not mining or gas mining stations. You are unable to do the latter either.

You can make a custom ship. What happens with upgrades depends on your automation settings, if you do it all manually like me you will have no problems. A lot of work is being done in this area of the game for a forthcoming patch...

(in reply to Heliot)
Post #: 2
RE: Hi I am the new one - 12/16/2011 4:27:53 PM   
Heliot

Cool thanks

Say do ships need energie when standing still? Could I then include energie collectors to save fuel?

(in reply to feelotraveller)
Post #: 3
RE: Hi I am the new one - 12/16/2011 5:43:54 PM   
Data

Yes and yes. There are static energy requirements, a ship that doesn't move still scans and has it's shields up.....along with other minor details like life support (this is imaginary btw but realistic also)

Welcome to the fun, Heliot....you're in for a treat with this one.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Heliot)
Post #: 4
RE: Hi I am the new one - 12/17/2011 10:12:30 AM   
Heliot

Cool cant wait to stand bofore my people to say, "We will stop the universe wide caslon and energie waste on ships that dont move! Our ships are BIO so we can save our fuel for when we have something that absolutely needs killing or bombarding!"

Thanks Data for the information

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 5
RE: Hi I am the new one - 12/19/2011 3:36:53 PM   
Data

That's a worthy cause. Killing or bombarding, I mean, not fuel saving...wait, should that be the other way around?

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Heliot)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Hi I am the new one Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI