Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

'Control Restricted Resources Priority'

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
'Control Restricted Resources Priority' - 12/16/2011 9:45:12 AM   
soilwork595

I keep getting negative feedback from other races because they said I refuse to trade valuable resources to them. I think the 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' option is the thing to fix it, but not sure. Do i set the priority 'low' to trade almost anything to any races, and keep 'high' to keep it all for myself?
Post #: 1
RE: 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' - 12/16/2011 9:48:52 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

Ooh, good idea. I always thought it was for your constructors, and to tell them how high they should prioritize building mines on worlds with those resources.

Or both? I'd like to know.

Can Poland Into Space?

(in reply to soilwork595)
Post #: 2
RE: 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' - 12/16/2011 10:03:17 AM   
soilwork595

Yeah I'm not sure what it does. I'd like to know how to trade valuable resources to other races. But you could be right, I never thought of that option either

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 3
RE: 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' - 12/16/2011 10:04:59 AM   
Nedrear

My guess - I mod that way - is that the AI wants to have it and combined with the "go to war" chance will most likely ensure they will priorize colonies with that. Furthermore they will be more reluctant to trade them - higher necessary approval beforehand.

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

Post #: 4
RE: 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' - 12/16/2011 5:22:10 PM   
Dab42

quote:

ORIGINAL: soilwork595

I keep getting negative feedback from other races because they said I refuse to trade valuable resources to them. I think the 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' option is the thing to fix it, but not sure. Do i set the priority 'low' to trade almost anything to any races, and keep 'high' to keep it all for myself?

AFAIK
The 'restricted' resources referred to are only Loros Fruit, Korabian Spice and Zentabia Fluid.
You allow trade with other empires in those 3 resources via the check box on the diplomacy screen.

When you select an empire on the diplomacy screen, the check box is on the bottom.

The options in the policy settings won't have any effect if you are controlling diplomacy manually.

Post #: 5
RE: 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' - 12/16/2011 5:34:52 PM   
Gelatinous Cube

Wait, wait.. does this mean that Research Priority and Exploration Priority are also diplomatic? I'd be interested in knowing just how off I am on some of these settings, and what they do.

Can Poland Into Space?

(in reply to Dab42)
Post #: 6
RE: 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' - 12/16/2011 5:40:29 PM   
Nedrear

It's not diplomatic, it's a race policy. It definies a peoples character.

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

Post #: 7
RE: 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' - 12/16/2011 5:42:35 PM   
Gelatinous Cube

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nedrear

It's not diplomatic, it's a race policy. It definies a peoples character.

I'm talking about the Empire Policy settings, and what they specifically affect. For example, the restricted resources priority drop-down menu. Does it affect your auto-constructors and auto-fleets to make sure that the Spice Will Flow? Or does it affect your auto-diplo and its' willingness to trade these resources? Or both?

Or is it purposefully ambiguous? I could live with that.

Can Poland Into Space?

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 8
RE: 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' - 12/16/2011 5:53:41 PM   
Nedrear

It will definetly let your constructors grab these ressources on a higher priority than they already do... it will further incline your advisors - or the AI - to ask to trade it from other empires...
If it prevents one race from trading it more likely and going to war for it in contrast to the warpriority, I don't know. I assume it.

Post #: 9
RE: 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' - 12/16/2011 5:55:25 PM   
Gelatinous Cube

So, in your observation, it controls multiple facets of the AI's gameplay decisions? If that is what you are trying to say, I agree, and I think I have seen the same thing. But it is hard to say with this game sometimes.

Can Poland Into Space?

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 10
RE: 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' - 12/16/2011 8:27:06 PM   
soilwork595

So what consists of 'Restricted Resources'?  You're telling me the empire setting will allow you to prioritize what resources to get first by your construction ships?  You are also telling me it affects what items we trade?  I'm kinda lost still.

Post #: 11
RE: 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' - 12/16/2011 8:44:17 PM   
Nedrear

The empire policy does not only steer your behavior, it is an AI routine in general. You can manage your AI in automation with the help of it or tweak your enemies a notch... in a mod for example. Therefore these settings of course influnce their whole gameplay.

Post #: 12
RE: 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' - 12/16/2011 8:55:52 PM   
soilwork595

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nedrear

The empire policy does not only steer your behavior, it is an AI routine in general. You can manage your AI in automation with the help of it or tweak your enemies a notch... in a mod for example. Therefore these settings of course influnce their whole gameplay.

I get that, but still doesn't answer my question

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 13
RE: 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' - 12/17/2011 1:17:32 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

Restricted resources are only the Loros Fruit, Zentabia Fluid, Korabbian Spice, and.. is there another one? I think there might be, but I'm having a brain fart.

They are super rare, and incredibly healthy for your worlds and your economy. The big question is what exactly does the AI do when you set the priority to High or Very High?

Can Poland Into Space?

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI