Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: England is mine

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> RE: England is mine Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: England is mine - 12/16/2011 4:42:10 PM   
doomtrader

When I have been designing and developing this game, one of the most important things was to create a game which can be customized in almost every possible way.

For an unexperienced person, it should take just an hour or two to turn off every event regarding puppetizing Great Britain, so go ahead and adjust the game to your own vision, as most probably I'll never be able to satisfy everybody.

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 31
RE: England is mine - 12/16/2011 4:46:00 PM   
gwgardner

And if you do mod like that, please post it for others to use who want the same kind of change.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 32
RE: England is mine - 12/16/2011 6:07:18 PM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader
When I have been designing and developing this game, one of the most important things was to create a game which can be customized in almost every possible way.

For an unexperienced person, it should take just an hour or two to turn off every event regarding puppetizing Great Britain, so go ahead and adjust the game to your own vision, as most probably I'll never be able to satisfy everybody.

It wasn't that I wanted to create that particular situation, but that I was using the events of 1940 to show how, in my view (others will have a different opinion), one decision (by Hitler in this case) could have cause a major change in the events of the war. I am in favour of as much choice of scenario as possible, without being completely beyond the bounds of historical probabilities, for instance having experienced it for the first time, I think the possibility of an early Soviet entry makes for a more interesting game.

I see that it would be a game breaker if it happened every time, but a low odds possibility is useful to ensure a realistic deployment in the East, just in case of attack. Maybe with a option to select the possibility of an early 'Soviet Entry' odds check if you wanted (again odds don't have to be high), or 'off', if you didn't. I think I saw 1% mentioned somewhere, will that risk still remain after the Romania 'fix'.

What are the odds of a major Allied 1939 offensive against Germany, whilst the attack on Poland is in progress ?

"We have to go from where we are, not from where we would like to be" - me

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 33
RE: England is mine - 12/16/2011 8:47:14 PM   
doomtrader

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa

What are the odds of a major Allied 1939 offensive against Germany, whilst the attack on Poland is in progress ?

1% for immediate

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 34
RE: England is mine - 12/16/2011 9:18:39 PM   
dlazov66

I think some here are missing the point and some close to the design/development team are taking things way to close to heart (another words they don't have very thick skins at all).

This is historical accuracy and historical plausibility and then there is alternative (sci fi) history (or wishful thinking).

I want a fun historical accurate war game with choices that the real commanders had and real possible effects.

It would be science fiction to say that England wold become a puppet of Germany. Italy, Hungary, Romania, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Turkey, Spain and maybe even Switzerland but that is about it. England would either fight to the death or the US would intervene. The Soviets would retreat into the vastness of Russia but would still be fighting a war.

To think otherwise is beyond folly and falls into the Realms of those wishing or wanted to play a war game modeled after WW2 where in the US joins the Germans to fight England or some other such nonsense.

Same thing with a bunch of different pieces of this game. There is a group of people saying x, y and z would or could be better modeled if a b and c were a possibility. But when this happens the designers/developers jump on them and marginalize their viewpoints.

Its this marginalizing of the viewpoints that is putting me off.

I rather enjoy this game, it takes a little bit of suspension of disbelief to play (as opposed to a more realsitic and detailed portray of events such as WitE or WitP) but that is okay, just don't marginalize those that make suggestions or have historical leg to stand on please.

Also, don't read my post wrong. I don't want a scripted WW2 game to actually follow WW2. But I do want a historical war game where things could happen, not things that are pipe dream that some wishes would happen.

So far I don't see the pipe dream, I do see a problem with England becoming a puppet of Germany or fighting it's Allies. I also seen another problem with the Germans. In one game I declared war on Denmark and all the Axis Allies declared war back on Germany. This simply would not happen and is a bug and should be fixed in a patch.

Also, there is nothing wrong with patching the game and fixing it. No one is perfect and almost all games are not release that way and need to be patched to fix bugs, play balance or things that the designer/developers did not think the players would do (cause their testers did not do it).

So thicken up your skin a bit and don't take it so personal and quit marginalizing the people that purchased the game and are only making suggestions for a more improved game.

No worries dudes.

War in the East/War in the West - Alpha Test Team

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 35
RE: England is mine - 12/16/2011 9:59:38 PM   
HanBarca

quote:

Same thing with a bunch of different pieces of this game. There is a group of people saying x, y and z would or could be better modeled if a b and c were a possibility. But when this happens the designers/developers jump on them and marginalize their viewpoints.

I couldn't agree more.

H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher

(in reply to dlazov66)
Post #: 36
RE: England is mine - 12/16/2011 10:46:46 PM   
Wolfe

quote:

ORIGINAL: dlazov66

I think some here are missing the point and some close to the design/development team are taking things way to close to heart (another words they don't have very thick skins at all).

This is historical accuracy and historical plausibility and then there is alternative (sci fi) history (or wishful thinking).

I want a fun historical accurate war game with choices that the real commanders had and real possible effects.

It would be science fiction to say that England wold become a puppet of Germany. Italy, Hungary, Romania, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Turkey, Spain and maybe even Switzerland but that is about it. England would either fight to the death or the US would intervene. The Soviets would retreat into the vastness of Russia but would still be fighting a war.

To think otherwise is beyond folly and falls into the Realms of those wishing or wanted to play a war game modeled after WW2 where in the US joins the Germans to fight England or some other such nonsense.

I rather enjoy this game, it takes a little bit of suspension of disbelief to play (as opposed to a more realsitic and detailed portray of events such as WitE or WitP) but that is okay, just don't marginalize those that make suggestions or have historical leg to stand on please.

Also, don't read my post wrong. I don't want a scripted WW2 game to actually follow WW2. But I do want a historical war game where things could happen, not things that are pipe dream that some wishes would happen.

So far I don't see the pipe dream, I do see a problem with England becoming a puppet of Germany or fighting it's Allies. I also seen another problem with the Germans. In one game I declared war on Denmark and all the Axis Allies declared war back on Germany. This simply would not happen and is a bug and should be fixed in a patch.

Also, there is nothing wrong with patching the game and fixing it. No one is perfect and almost all games are not release that way and need to be patched to fix bugs, play balance or things that the designer/developers did not think the players would do (cause their testers did not do it).

So thicken up your skin a bit and don't take it so personal and quit marginalizing the people that purchased the game and are only making suggestions for a more improved game.

No worries dudes.

+1

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to dlazov66)
Post #: 37
RE: England is mine - 12/16/2011 11:00:12 PM   
Lascar

I am getting the impression that many of the concerns about the historicity of ToF, the diplomacy issues and other concerns may be alleviated once the editor is released and players will have considerable latitude to modify important aspects of the game to better reflect their vision of how the simulation of the war should be framed. I too have had these concerns and held off from buying ToF just yet because of legitimate concerns raised here. But from what I have been able to gather from doomtrader's comments regarding the design philosophy placing a high emphasis on modablity my confidence in the potential of the game is growing. Once the editor is available I hope that it will be fully realized.

(in reply to Wolfe)
Post #: 38
RE: England is mine - 12/16/2011 11:06:18 PM   
Numdydar

Modding is great imho. So I am all for it. However, if this is supposted to an historical simulation, then I should not 'have' to mod it in order to have some simblance to the historical period.

(in reply to Lascar)
Post #: 39
RE: England is mine - 12/16/2011 11:15:04 PM   
Lascar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

Modding is great imho. So I am all for it. However, if this is supposted to an historical simulation, then I should not 'have' to mod it in order to have some simblance to the historical period.

I agree with you and if it takes some additional hard coding to address these concerns I hope the developers will seriously consider doing so.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 40
RE: England is mine - 12/17/2011 4:11:15 AM   
Razz

Your basing your opinions on one game perhaps two.

I believe the results of early war with Russia is due to your actions.

Your belligerent actions keep increasing war entry of the Soviet Union

Your at war with 3 countries Poland France Britain, then Denmark, Norway, invasion of England and Influencing countries all in a very short time period.

(in reply to Lascar)
Post #: 41
RE: England is mine - 12/17/2011 5:01:07 AM   
RandomAttack

I own ToW and have been considering ToF. I loved the "ground game", could live with the "air game", and hated the "naval game" (which appears to be vastly improved in ToF). My REAL pet peeve was the gazillion events, many poorly explained, that had a big impact on the game. For many of the events I had no real idea how to weigh the benefits of one choice over another, short/long term implications, or even if the event actually worked as stated. Nor should I have to poke through a file to decipher them. Sounds like the same thing here, and I think this drives a lot of the "historical anomalies" that some people appear so frustrated with. Personally, I think the number of events in ToW could have been cut at least in half, and it sounds to me like a similar deal in ToF. Man, I REALLY want to like this game-- but think I will hold off and read a lot more comments.

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 42
RE: England is mine - 12/17/2011 5:03:43 AM   
Numdydar

Uh. No.

I attacked Poland and accepted the treaty with the Russians. I invaded Denmark on the historical schedule. I did NOT attack Norway at all. I did attack the Low Countries a few months early and that was it. Did not use ANY DP on any Balken country.

So are you saying that because I went to war a few months early with the low countries, Russia decides to break a vaild treaty with me even though I have more forces on the border than they do? AND they are still at war with the Fins!!!! I'm sorry but this makes absolutily no sense to me (and others).

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 43
RE: England is mine - 12/17/2011 7:04:24 AM   
rogo727

It's just a game....after all. There are some things that I love about this game, like 18 turns to build a corps sized Panzer unit. I am playing a game right now where Stalin declared war on me September 1940. No two games are ever the same. For $33 I accept this game for what it is. Try playing the axis on very hard and the allies on very easy, and let me know how sealion 1940 turns out, or take Stalingrad in 1941....

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 44
RE: England is mine - 12/17/2011 8:34:05 AM   
Numdydar

Hard or very hard would not matter with what I posted in this thread. It is the fact that the British navy is completely absent with German Amphs and AKs crossing the channel. Or when they do show up do not seem to effect my convoys or AKs at all. Difficulty level would not change the fact that I can teleport troops around either.

You are correct this is a game, but it claims to be a historical simulation, not what it actually is. Not sure what it is, but a historical simulation it is not.

I will keep saving this. I like the game and I am glad I bought it. Although I most likely will not play another GC after I finish this one until a patch or two comes out.

After all you will not see the British Union flag that often in other games, nor will you be at the gates of Moscow in May 41

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 45
RE: England is mine - 12/17/2011 8:57:50 AM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Razz

Your at war with 3 countries Poland France Britain, then Denmark, Norway, invasion of England and Influencing countries all in a very short time period.

I agree it's early days to be finalising opinions on the game, but what is apparent is that the game can be modded to a high degree, which means that we should all have the opportunity to have the game we want.

I certainly wasn't belligerent when the USSR threatened Romania, I chose the 'ignore' option, all I did was move 2 divisions into Southern Poland as a precaution and the next turn (turn 4) the USSR is bombing my forces and invading Poland. I know that historically this was very unlikely, but it still has the promise of a good game. I wouldn't want it to happen every game, as that would lose the surprise effect, but I wouldn't want it taken out completely.

I don't think that Sea Lion was ever a viable operation, except in the event of a complete collapse by Britain, so it falls into the category of fantasy for me, but I would still enjoy playing that option.

So fantasy or not, as long as the forces and capabilities are historical, the strategic choices (who attacks who and when) could be as varied as you like. The problem is that some will want a game working as they expect and will not want to have work out mods, it can be daunting to have to mess with the innards of the game. If the devs can give tick box options for some of the variants (early Russian entry, Allies '39 attack), or even a slider control to select from variants with 'no chance', through % choices, into random chance, or is that too much to ask for.

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 46
RE: England is mine - 12/17/2011 7:36:52 PM   
rogo727

You seem to be such a debbie downer about this game, It's a WW2 game.
quote:

Hard or very hard would not matter with what I posted in this thread. It is the fact that the British navy is completely absent with German Amphs and AKs crossing the channel. Or when they do show up do not seem to effect my convoys or AKs at all. Difficulty level would not change the fact that I can teleport troops around either.

You are correct this is a game, but it claims to be a historical simulation, not what it actually is. Not sure what it is, but a historical simulation it is not.

I will keep saving this. I like the game and I am glad I bought it. Although I most likely will not play another GC after I finish this one until a patch or two comes out.

After all you will not see the British Union flag that often in other games, nor will you be at the gates of Moscow in May 41

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 47
RE: England is mine - 12/17/2011 11:28:18 PM   
waichou

quote:

ORIGINAL: Razz

No, sorry but I can't agree with you. First, Russia ALWAYS declars war whatever you do, to test it one more time I tried a game without declaring any war (Allied declared war on turn 2, I had no choice...), and didn't use any DP, nothing in Balkan, or Finland or Romania, but it is always the same, Russia declared war in june 1940. I don't know how you did to play a correct Barbarossa game. Sorry, but it is not normal, it seems impossible to wait until 1941 to declare war to Russia, and I don't even think what it should be if I wanted to fight in Balkans... The only way is to start the Barbarossa scenario, it is less interesting but I have no choice... I would also say that I tried many games, reloaded saves many time, etc. so I it not just to be lucky or not !

What I don't understand is how the Beta testers didn't see this bug (yes, I consider it like a bug), I know it not easy to test a game, but this one is obvious, I am curious to know if someone succeded to attack Russia before them...

I am disappointed because now I have to wait for a patch to corrige this (I really hope this will be corriged, as some persons are saying here that this is totally normal !!), and Doomtraders seems to say that it won't be before the end of the year... I would prefer a hotfix before.

Sorry it I am rude, I know you did lot of work in this game, but you should recognize when there is a bug, whatever you say in this topic, it is not a Fantasy game but a WW2 one, so I expect to be possible to play Barbarossa whithout starting directly this scenario. I am sure I will enjoy this game after the first patch will be released.

Thanks,

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 48
RE: England is mine - 12/17/2011 11:40:45 PM   
waichou

I just saw in Modding and Design that Doomtrader gave a hotfix for this bug, http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2987023 , so many thanks for this, Doomtrader ! I am sure that all other bugs reported will be fixed in future patchs.

(in reply to waichou)
Post #: 49
RE: England is mine - 12/17/2011 11:49:01 PM   
doomtrader

@waichou,
This is my goal, to fix all the bugs which are found in the game.

There is no doubt that some things are easy to be fixed, some not. For sure all gamebreakers will be fixed as soon as possible. Sometimes we might skip something and move it to the next patch, just to not delay the release, or because we need more testing or improving some other parts of the game.

There are also some issues, (like historical accuracy), which I'm not able to repair, because it is working as intended so it is WAD, however as I already wrote, it will be a pleasure to lead any of you step by step and tell how to change everything what is possible to be changed in the game.

(in reply to waichou)
Post #: 50
RE: England is mine - 12/18/2011 12:05:00 AM   
waichou

@Doomtrader,
I understand, and I know you will do your best for the next patch. I consider it is normal to have some bugs in a new game (wargame particulary), and if I bought the game the day it was released this is because I was sure I will enjoy it ! And my first impression is this is a very good game, and I don't mind for the minor bugs, but I considered this one as important, I think you will understand.

Thanks for your hotfix, I appreciate your efforts and the time you take to answer our questions, this is why I participate in this forum, I am sure you take our comments in consideration.

Thanks !

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 51
RE: England is mine - 12/18/2011 7:46:47 AM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: waichou

I am disappointed because now I have to wait for a patch to corrige this (I really hope this will be corriged, as some persons are saying here that this is totally normal !!), and Doomtraders seems to say that it won't be before the end of the year... I would prefer a hotfix before.

I don't think anyone has said that early Soviet entry is totally normal, for me I think that the possibility of an early Soviet entry has created a more interesting game, which I am having right now in the Fall Gelb scenario. Playing Axis v AI, I am committed to the attack on France and the USSR attacked in turn 3, I have just managed to create an encirclement in Northern France and having to judge how may units to send East. Air recon shows large Soviet forces heading my way, I've managed to cut off the first armoured spearheads, slowing them down, whilst Romania, left under AI control is fighting many more Soviet units, but how long can they hold out. Now on turn 8, Italy has joined the Axis and the British are attacking in North Africa.

I know this is not an historical outcome, but it's a great game, obviously if there is an early Soviet attack every time, then it's not a surprise any more and will ruin the game and am very pleased to see that a hotfix has been provided, but when the devs have had time work on a proper update, I hope they will consider, rather than just cutting things out, that they could be retained as an adjustable option.

< Message edited by Rasputitsa -- 12/18/2011 7:55:13 AM >

(in reply to waichou)
Post #: 52
RE: England is mine - 12/18/2011 5:25:18 PM   
Numdydar

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

@waichou,
This is my goal, to fix all the bugs which are found in the game.

There is no doubt that some things are easy to be fixed, some not. For sure all gamebreakers will be fixed as soon as possible. Sometimes we might skip something and move it to the next patch, just to not delay the release, or because we need more testing or improving some other parts of the game.

There are also some issues, (like historical accuracy), which I'm not able to repair, because it is working as intended so it is WAD, however as I already wrote, it will be a pleasure to lead any of you step by step and tell how to change everything what is possible to be changed in the game.

None of us want an exact replay of WWII. Most of us (including me) like these games because it does give us the chance to try different options and see what effect this has over the course of the war.

This issues I have with the game, is that the devs seemed to take any and all options are equally possible. Sea Lion, no British Home fleet, etc.Agian this is fine imho. Just do not say that the game is an historiacl simulation of WWII, because it is not (as you freely admit above). As long as that is clear to people that purchase the game, then you have been upfront and people know what they are getting.

However, there are some items that I consider that cause the game to fail in regards to realism (i.e. impossible to happen) and do not have anything to do with history (that list is much longer )

- When a country surrenders, all units in that territory go into the deployment pool. They can them be placed ANYWHERE on the map regardless of sea areas and/or distance within 1 WEEK - Patch would need to fix this.
- Amphs/AKs can be built instantly - Totally not possible even today - Patch needs to add time for these units
- Supply - Units that are cut off need to get weaker and weaker and eventually die/surrender no matter where they are. Not regenerate at all. Otherwise the way the system works now, Germans could captrue Moscow, put their strongest corps in the ciy hexes, and even if the Russians capture Berlin, these unit would never die if left alone. This again has nothing to do with historical flavor, just reality. - Patch would need to address this as well.
- Naval routines - While the naval system seems to be well thought out, somehow surface ships do not seem to attack Amphs/AKs/Convoys which is how this thread got started ). Subs do attack Convoys so that does work. - Patch would need to address this issue.

Until these items get fixed (I have no interest in modiing, even if I could, to address these) I will go back to other games that do not have such a disregard for the limitations of how systems in the real world actually work. Which is a shame as the game does many things that are well done and work as expected. Which of course makes these issues to be so glaring imho.

I REALLY want to stress, that none of the above has anything to do with historical timelines/events/etc. These are issues that fly in the face of how the world really works, today and then. Hopefully they will get the attention they deserve as I think a lot of people will not be happy with these as 'features' or have to mod the game to bring it back to the way this world actually works. I know I will not be.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 53
RE: England is mine - 12/18/2011 9:21:15 PM   
willgamer

quote:

However, there are some items that I consider that cause the game to fail in regards to realism (i.e. impossible to happen) and do not have anything to do with history (that list is much longer )

- When a country surrenders, all units in that territory go into the deployment pool. They can them be placed ANYWHERE on the map regardless of sea areas and/or distance within 1 WEEK - Patch would need to fix this.
- Amphs/AKs can be built instantly - Totally not possible even today - Patch needs to add time for these units
- Supply - Units that are cut off need to get weaker and weaker and eventually die/surrender no matter where they are. Not regenerate at all. Otherwise the way the system works now, Germans could captrue Moscow, put their strongest corps in the ciy hexes, and even if the Russians capture Berlin, these unit would never die if left alone. This again has nothing to do with historical flavor, just reality. - Patch would need to address this as well.
- Naval routines - While the naval system seems to be well thought out, somehow surface ships do not seem to attack Amphs/AKs/Convoys which is how this thread got started ). Subs do attack Convoys so that does work. - Patch would need to address this issue.
I REALLY want to stress, that none of the above has anything to do with historical timelines/events/etc. These are issues that fly in the face of how the world really works, today and then. Hopefully they will get the attention they deserve as I think a lot of people will not be happy with these as 'features' or have to mod the game to bring it back to the way this world actually works. I know I will not be.

I'm totally support the surrender issue and the Amphs/AK issue; I'm fairly sure I also support that there is a problem with fleet engagements (in my game, fleets rarely meet and when they do, hits are rare as well). These issues seem like quick fixes.

I'm completely unconvinced on the supply issue. It's true that if one side gets far enough ahead in tech and PPs, they can produce units that are hard to boot out of cities. However, as long as things are close, the current siege and supply system provide the tools (i.e. aircraft, supply level limits to reinforcements, strat bmr attacks to reduce city supply, etc.) to eliminate any sort of pocketed troops fairly quickly. I fear trying to adjust the current system could put the AI and balance issues at great risk.

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 54
RE: England is mine - 12/19/2011 2:25:45 AM   
Numdydar

A simple? fix to the units that are cut off without a friendly land line to a supply source would just to have them take 20% losses a turn until around 10-20% of their initial value and then have them be eliminated. This would not require any changes to how the overall supply system worked. So this would address both the issue about out of supply units not dying and the play balance concern you raise.

Or an even simpler? fix would be that aftex x turns of being out of supply they die. Either of these would address the problem and force player (or the AI) to do something in order to prevent what happens now in the game.

(in reply to willgamer)
Post #: 55
RE: England is mine - 12/19/2011 2:44:57 AM   
cherryfunk

quote:

Hard or very hard would not matter with what I posted in this thread. It is the fact that the British navy is completely absent with German Amphs and AKs crossing the channel. Or when they do show up do not seem to effect my convoys or AKs at all.

This is a serious problem, and not one that modding should have to address. In the event of a German invasion, the British fleet would have steamed at top speed for the Channel to destroy the transports. That's not a historical possibility, it's a certainty, and the game AI must model this.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 56
RE: England is mine - 12/19/2011 2:49:58 AM   
Razz

How many times do we have to tell you?

The units posted are supplied from the city. That is the supply source.

Naval combat is correct. It is WAD.

We decided that Amphibious units and transports would run and zig zag while the fleet would do every thing in its power to protect them.

Hence, you need to sink the fleet first.

You can cry now, but when the shoe is on the other foot.. You would be crying the AI targeted your AK's and transports and sank them.

Use air power or sink the enemy fleet.

Will, your problem with fleets is in the strategy guide or manual.

You need to detect the fleet.

The AI fleet that is set to evade is hard to detect.

There are many ways to detect a fleet . Look at the manual.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 57
RE: England is mine - 12/19/2011 3:02:36 AM   
rogo727

If you want a real historical feeling, play USA, very Easy, UK normal, USSR very easy, then set all Axis to very hard and just play the Germans. I can tell you this, there won't be any Sea Lion, and the fight for Russia will be hard. I can play on normal and very easy too and take the UK in 1940 and Moscow in 1941, but where is the fun in that?

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 58
RE: England is mine - 12/19/2011 3:10:55 AM   
rogo727

Let's say bf you invaded, you used your Tac Bomber army and took out most of UK's Navy? What then?
quote:

ORIGINAL: cherryfunk

quote:

Hard or very hard would not matter with what I posted in this thread. It is the fact that the British navy is completely absent with German Amphs and AKs crossing the channel. Or when they do show up do not seem to effect my convoys or AKs at all.

This is a serious problem, and not one that modding should have to address. In the event of a German invasion, the British fleet would have steamed at top speed for the Channel to destroy the transports. That's not a historical possibility, it's a certainty, and the game AI must model this.

(in reply to cherryfunk)
Post #: 59
RE: England is mine - 12/19/2011 3:13:02 AM   
rogo727

This is a good idea!
quote:

A simple? fix to the units that are cut off without a friendly land line to a supply source would just to have them take 20% losses a turn until around 10-20% of their initial value and then have them be eliminated. This would not require any changes to how the overall supply system worked. So this would address both the issue about out of supply units not dying and the play balance concern you raise.

Or an even simpler? fix would be that aftex x turns of being out of supply they die. Either of these would address the problem and force player (or the AI) to do something in order to prevent what happens now in the game.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> RE: England is mine Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI