Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Exploration ships at war

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Exploration ships at war Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exploration ships at war - 12/15/2011 1:33:43 AM   
soilwork595

I noticed when I'm at war, my exploration ships will automatically go to the enemy's planets. I would assume this is to scout what is going on. The only problem is they keep getting attacked and I have a ton of pop ups for that. It doesn't bug me that they are being attacked because they can easily run away, but in the heat of battle I'll get a ton of messages that my exploration ships are under fire and mixed in are the important attacks I need to know about. I know there is the 'Under Attack' pop up option I can turn off, but I do like them for when someone is attacking a base or anything serious. I guess my grip is being cluttered with too much info at one time and only wanting to see the important things. I may have to just pause and read the messages and go from there. I would like to see if anyone else deals with this problem and or has a system to eliminate unwanted/too much info
Post #: 1
RE: Exploration ships at war - 12/15/2011 2:57:11 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

Unfortunately, we cannot filter the attack popups yet. We can mess with them, but only as a whole--no sub-filters.

However, by changing your exploration priority in your empire policy settings to "Very High" you should be able to convince most of your AI-controlled explorers to stay away from the enemy and continue exploring.

Can Poland Into Space?

(in reply to soilwork595)
Post #: 2
RE: Exploration ships at war - 12/15/2011 3:17:28 AM   
soilwork595

thanks for the tip, I think I'll do that :)

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 3
RE: Exploration ships at war - 12/15/2011 5:19:11 AM   
balto

WOW! That is a great tip. I never knew that clicky box existed. I hope that does what you think it does.

As I am typing this, I am thinking why would anyone not want this to be on "Very High?" Oh well, I just re-set it with the new Beta-Patch installed - I guess this will be a long night, and tomorrow will be pure helll at work because of this. DAMN THIS GAME!!!!

(in reply to soilwork595)
Post #: 4
RE: Exploration ships at war - 12/15/2011 10:28:52 PM   
Gelatinous Cube

quote:

ORIGINAL: balto

WOW! That is a great tip. I never knew that clicky box existed. I hope that does what you think it does.

As I am typing this, I am thinking why would anyone not want this to be on "Very High?" Oh well, I just re-set it with the new Beta-Patch installed - I guess this will be a long night, and tomorrow will be pure helll at work because of this. DAMN THIS GAME!!!!

Because during a very large war on a bigger map, you want as much information on enemy systems as possible. If you have exploration priority set to Normal or lower, a good portion of your explorers will act as fairly effective scouts--keeping you up-to-date on enemy defensives and troops strengths.

Can Poland Into Space?

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 5
RE: Exploration ships at war - 12/16/2011 3:55:33 AM   
Cerran

quote:

Testify, brother.

'All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.'
- Edmund Burke, British statesman

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 6
RE: Exploration ships at war - 12/16/2011 5:35:55 AM   
balto

I have used that Explore "Very High" setting. I am not saying it does not work, but I what I am saying is that I see no difference. My Explorers (I use a crap load of them) are doing dumb stuff and hanging around other civilizations and not exploring a heck of a lot. They have tons of fuel (I fuel-up on ALL my designs), so it is not that.

I am still going to use the VERY HIGH setting, even if it does not work. But man, I see no reason why the Explorers cannot just 'EXPLORE.' I am not a programmer, but I would think you could just code the routine to tell the ships to go to areas that are still not explored.

(in reply to Cerran)
Post #: 7
RE: Exploration ships at war - 12/16/2011 5:40:21 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

quote:

I have used that Explore "Very High" setting. I am not saying it does not work, but I what I am saying is that I see no difference. My Explorers (I use a crap load of them) are doing dumb stuff and hanging around other civilizations and not exploring a heck of a lot. They have tons of fuel (I fuel-up on ALL my designs), so it is not that.

I am still going to use the VERY HIGH setting, even if it does not work. But man, I see no reason why the Explorers cannot just 'EXPLORE.' I am not a programmer, but I would think you could just code the routine to tell the ships to go to areas that are still not explored.

They may be looking for Ruins. I believe the different empires can find different things in the same ruin sometimes.

Can Poland Into Space?

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 8
RE: Exploration ships at war - 12/16/2011 9:35:19 AM   
soilwork595

I set it to 'very high' and they still like to hang out in enemy territory. I just accepted the fact that's how it is and have to deal with it

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Exploration ships at war Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI