Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fleet Problem/Glitch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Fleet Problem/Glitch? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fleet Problem/Glitch? - 12/15/2011 1:03:56 AM   
soilwork595

I have noticed when a fleet of mine sits at my base(or anywhere for that matter), and an invading enemy comes to that base to attack, that sometimes only some of the fleet will attack while others just sit there. Other times the whole fleet will attack. I sat and watched the same fleet take on 4 separate attacks and sometimes all of them would attacks and other times only some. I did nothing to my fleet settings so I'm not sure if that's the problem. I have also noticed that once in awhile non fleet military ships won't attack an invading ship in the system. I made sure to have them at attack system targets so I don't know what the issue is. If anyone else has had this problem or maybe know whats wrong, let me know. thx
Post #: 1
RE: Fleet Problem/Glitch? - 12/15/2011 1:48:01 AM   
jlevans

I've seen the same even when the fleets are on auto defend the locale. Somewhat intermittant though. Sometimes it does, sometimes not.

(in reply to soilwork595)
Post #: 2
RE: Fleet Problem/Glitch? - 12/15/2011 1:58:35 AM   
feelotraveller

Firstly, you can give manual attack orders to your ships/fleets. That should get them attacking.

I suspect the reason they are not all attacking is that the 'attack overmatch' is coming into play. (Options/empire settings) Basically on the default 2:1 only ships comprising about twice the firepower of any target will be allocated to attack.

(in reply to jlevans)
Post #: 3
RE: Fleet Problem/Glitch? - 12/16/2011 4:18:44 AM   
Dracus

I see this if I use attack only near targets. SOme of the fleet seems to act like it is too far from the targets so they never move. If I set the fleet to system/defend. They seem to do a better job but dont always return to the orbit of the planet they are protecting.

(in reply to feelotraveller)
Post #: 4
RE: Fleet Problem/Glitch? - 12/16/2011 4:23:40 AM   
Dracus

Maybe that is the case, Bumping it up to a higher advantage setting might cause more of your non fleeted war ships to run, rather then make a stand when there are not enough of them in a system.

(in reply to feelotraveller)
Post #: 5
RE: Fleet Problem/Glitch? - 12/16/2011 9:39:58 AM   
soilwork595

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dracus

I see this if I use attack only near targets. SOme of the fleet seems to act like it is too far from the targets so they never move. If I set the fleet to system/defend. They seem to do a better job but dont always return to the orbit of the planet they are protecting.

I know what you mean about fleets not returning to the system they are supposed to defend/attack. I'm not sure how to fix this but, a lot of times fleets will chase a ship a ways out of the system then will stop outside their defend/attack radius and sit there.

(in reply to Dracus)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Fleet Problem/Glitch? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI