Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Handling Axis manpower replacement in 1942

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Handling Axis manpower replacement in 1942 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Handling Axis manpower replacement in 1942 - 12/14/2011 12:55:04 PM   
sj80

Hi,

after having survived the blizzard in 1.05 I noticed that most of the manpower replacements are done in the refit replacement over many turns (march/april/...). Even if no units are set to refit mode on the map. This effect if because of HQs and Support Units are always handled as if they were in refit mode.
The problem is that HQs and Support Units are getting the manpower replacement and my combat units are starving. Their current TOE goes slowly down, even in turns with 100k replacements or more.
This effect is pretty easy to test. Simply start a 1942 campaign human vs human and end the turns without doing anything. The overall Wehrmacht manpower strength increases, but the replacements are only sent to Support Units and HQs.

How to handle this? What option is the best?
1. Decrease max TOE of Support Units and HQs. What effect has a HQ with less then 100% support guys? Are getting the attached units fewer supplies and fuel?
2. Set all units to refit.

The best pre blizzard advise is putting your HQs in level 2+ towns or cities to protect them from blizzard effect. I tried that but it's not always possible.
Post #: 1
RE: Handling Axis manpower replacement in 1942 - 12/14/2011 3:16:38 PM   
Flaviusx

Why not send all the SUs to OKH? That way they wont be exposed to blizzard. And dial them down to 50% TOE.

Airbases and HQs in the field can also be set to 50%.

Getting replacements on to units in the front line is a pain in the ass now. The only guaranteed way to bring them up to speed is to pull them off the line, and place them on a rail line. Even if you set them to refit on the front, they may not receive replacements. Same problem exists for the Sovs, by the way, it's incredibly irritating, and you have to constantly shuffle units around.

I liked the old refit system better.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to sj80)
Post #: 2
RE: Handling Axis manpower replacement in 1942 - 12/15/2011 9:02:04 PM   
Jakerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flaviusx

Why not send all the SUs to OKH? That way they wont be exposed to blizzard. And dial them down to 50% TOE.

Airbases and HQs in the field can also be set to 50%.

Getting replacements on to units in the front line is a pain in the ass now. The only guaranteed way to bring them up to speed is to pull them off the line, and place them on a rail line. Even if you set them to refit on the front, they may not receive replacements. Same problem exists for the Sovs, by the way, it's incredibly irritating, and you have to constantly shuffle units around.

I liked the old refit system better.

Well in defense especially in quiet fronts it wont really matter matter if those units in front line are not peak condition if they sit inside 3-5 level forts they still get pretty nice defensive CV. Who really cares what their TOE is only thing that counts is what CV they can get?

In offense Soviet could attack first with one army and leave reserve army behind the line in refit mode then in second turn reserve army attacks and army that started in the front line stay behind the line in refit mode when playing Soviet I wont even care to manage individual units I handle my armies in the way that smallest unit I put in refit is whole army at once when I leave it behind the line after I bring my reserve army to hold the line.

When I do offense while playing Soviets I have propably have minimum 2-3 reserve armies behind the line (most cases even more) witch I can use to rotate whole armies on and off the line.

For quiet fronts I wont even bother to touch if German touch them I send some of my reserve armies to deal with it.

< Message edited by Jakerson -- 12/15/2011 9:04:46 PM >

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 3
RE: Handling Axis manpower replacement in 1942 - 12/16/2011 8:07:13 PM   
Mentor

In relatively static areas I have been organizing most of my infantry corps into 4 divisions, 3 up and 1 in "reserve" set to refit status on a nearby rail line.  I rotate the reserve division into the line when it's TOE gets to >80% and one of the line divisions needs a break.  I can also cobble these reserve divisions from an army into a new corps to deal with an emergency, if required.  This has worked well for me, so far.  Against the AI, at least.

(in reply to Jakerson)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Handling Axis manpower replacement in 1942 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI