Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Odd Reo's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Odd Reo's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Odd Reo's - 12/13/2011 1:49:55 PM   
BASB

G'day just finished playing the Smolensk41 scenario, and something odd happened.
As a player when you purchase a unit its starting strength is 10, however I was playing the penultimate turn of this scenario, I had the last objective pretty much surrounded with exception of one or two hexes near the victory hex.I had just destroyed a couple of enemy units leaving some free hexes, on the computer turn, an enemy unit appeared, I assume a re-enforcement unit, this in its self is not odd, but the fact the strength was 15 was. For me a it would take five turns to built my new unit to the strength of 15. Is this a bug or a built in cheat?

Formerly Goodwood

Post #: 1
RE: Odd Reo's - 12/13/2011 1:56:28 PM   
Rudankort

Scenario designer is free to assign any strength to the units on the map (including reinforcements), so it could be the reason. Another possible reason is that some units have 15 strength by default (Soviet conscripts). This is their normal strength, just like 10 is normal strength for most other units.

(in reply to BASB)
Post #: 2
RE: Odd Reo's - 12/13/2011 9:23:04 PM   
KerenskyLI

Welcome to Soviet Russia, the land of quantity over quality and home of the Red Horde!  :D

(in reply to Rudankort)
Post #: 3
RE: Odd Reo's - 12/13/2011 10:23:25 PM   
BASB

Yes as I recall they were conscripts, question answered thanks, Still fun, can't wait for Western desert though. Another DLC with the Soviets a bit sad, however good enough until the real fight in the desert.

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Rudankort)
Post #: 4
RE: Odd Reo's - 12/14/2011 12:40:55 AM   
racketyjack

Its late at night after a long, long day of battle. Your shivering in your foxhole under a clear sky full of stars, close to victory after a horrible grinding fight. The wind blows and moans...but wait...what was that? You strain your ears...there...THERE! in the distance! URRAAAAH!!! You quickly look over your frozen dirt parapet only to see 300 meters off and approaching at a quick pace row after row after row of brown clad conscripts. Each one a bayonet fixed. Hans...HANS!...wake up! Call corps NOW!

Wow...I watch too many movies...how do I sleep at night.

(in reply to BASB)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Odd Reo's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI