My top-10 scenarios

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Olorin

My top-10 scenarios

Post by Olorin »

1. Drang nach Osten by Daniel Mcbride, the most realistic representation of Barbarossa for any wargame in existence. TOAWIII is worth double its cost to buy for this scenario alone. Better than War in the East.

2. Rundstedt's Plan Martin by Daniel McBride, this is supposed to be a "what-if" scenario, but it just feels so realistic and plausible that it gives me an orgasm.

3. Götterdämmerung im Osten by Daniel McBride, simply epic, I am currently playing the Germans in pbem, desperate times.

4. Fire in the East by Soren Gaun and Kristian & Stefan Kristensen, the OOB isn't perfect, but this is the entire Eastern Front we are talking about. Simply making it to 1944 and maintaining some semblance of plausibility is an immense achievement.

5. Campaign for North Africa by Bob Cross, vast expanses and small units make you feel like you are really fighting in the desert.

6. Wintergewitter 42 by Pelle Holmen, very well built, balanced and extremely enjoyable scenario for both sides, ideal for pbem.

7. Two Weeks in Normandy by Brett Turner, same as above.

8. Europe Aflame by Mark Stevens and Ulver Nielsen, streches the game engine to its limits but ultimately succeeds in representing the entire WWII.

9. The Great War by Daniel McBride, I am not a big fan of WWI but this scenario is too epic to ignore.

10. The War Of The Last Alliance by Tane Woodely, for fans of Tolkien. I playtested this two years ago, but I don't know if it's released to the public.

There are some other great scenarios out there that deserve to be in my list, but there are only ten spots. [:'(]

Edit: TOAW fans, feel free to post your own list.
demyansk

RE: My top-10 scenarios

Post by demyansk »

I like this list, I was wondering, I went to the site
http://www.the-strategist.net/RD/scenar ... mit=Search

and the Drang scenario is no longer downloadable.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Mike,

your best bet is to ask the son of Hellas (Olorin) above; after all he submitted an AAR and it's his favorite scenario!

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Olorin

Post by Olorin »

PM on its way.

Herr Oberst, I didn't know you followed my DNO AAR! To this day, that game remains the best I 've ever had in my wargaming life.

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”