Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PW 3.2 a first play

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> PW 3.2 a first play Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PW 3.2 a first play - 12/12/2011 3:23:25 AM   
MXB2001

After 11 years my interest was re-tweaked (by, of all things the 70th Anniversary of Pearl Harbour) and I finally installed 3.2 after 8 years of sitting as a ZIP. I'd installed 2.1 11 years ago but didn't play it much. Also in December. I think I see a pattern ;-)

Anyways read the update files and fired up a 1941 campaign in 3.2 and lo and behold I noticed I can't transport my divisions anymore. I managed to get 1 Div headed to Lingayen and when I tried to invade Kuantan from Saigon even after 2 ALT-T's there were not enough AP's to load a 600 size div.

The auto TF creator may be at fault. It seems to only use 1 type of AP (haven't figured out the new "named" AP's but I assume they're in various sizes as of old) and ignores others.

Or, and this is what I wonder... have the AP's been cut back at one point? Is it no longer possible to invade all of NEI on turn 1?

< Message edited by MXB2001 -- 12/13/2011 8:50:26 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: PW 3.2 Japanese AP problem - 12/13/2011 12:56:19 AM   
MXB2001

Ummm... never mind. It has been a LONG time. The tricks are coming back to me now. <g>

Pearl Harbour was spared this time around. My TF failed to strike. I may have overloaded it with CV's. All 6. <g> Let's see if they catch the Enterprise on turn 2 instead. <evil grin>

Wake was quite a horror. I don't recall if it was that bloody in the SSI version. Very realistic though. No ship losses though :)

(in reply to MXB2001)
Post #: 2
RE: PW 3.2 Japanese AP problem - 12/13/2011 9:02:44 AM   
MXB2001

Rolled through to 1942. NEI mostly under control. Bloody Dutch bombers are damaging Palembang! Will need to bring in Zero's but back up the Nates. Phillipines stuffed into Bataan and the jaws are closing! New Guinea coming along marvelously.

Major action at sea! Loitering IJN CV's (split into 2 now one targetting port other waiting for ships) do a mild strike on PH and damage a couple BB's. But the USN CV's strike us! Shokaku takes massive damage (97!!!) but limps away. Unlike Midway our return strike sinks a Yorktown and cripples another (The Big E I suppose). There are no enemy carriers left in 1941!

To cover return of the Sho which was in Midway hex (nervous) I sent 3 CV's at Midway to cover. Also sent in Amp. Bde to exploit success but it got trashed (2 squads evacuated) because I didn't soften it up first. :( BB's now have standing orders to flatten Midway. I note a lot of IJA Div's on the islands. I may grab one and throw it at Midway while the others mop up the usual NEI/NG/Phil then AUS.

(in reply to MXB2001)
Post #: 3
RE: PW 3.2 Japanese AP problem - 12/13/2011 8:40:46 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

Unlike Midway our return strike sinks a Yorktown and cripples another (The Big E I suppose). There are no enemy carriers left in 1941!

Actually, the Yorktown was sunk at Midway. No enemy carriers left? What about the Brits?

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to MXB2001)
Post #: 4
RE: PW 3.2 Japanese AP problem - 12/14/2011 4:54:54 AM   
MXB2001

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

quote:

Unlike Midway our return strike sinks a Yorktown and cripples another (The Big E I suppose). There are no enemy carriers left in 1941!

Actually, the Yorktown was sunk at Midway. No enemy carriers left? What about the Brits?

Yeah, I meant this battle was in Dec. '41 at Pearl Harbour. :)

I've spotted the Brits indeed. Plum forgot them. <g> I'll be concentrating on the Pacific!

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 5
RE: PW 3.2 Japanese AP problem - 12/15/2011 4:30:15 PM   
bradk

Ummm... if I was playing an AI game I'd play the SSI version.  Matrix crippled AI.  It should be possible to edit the SSI aircraft files so aircraft performance matches Matrix.  Matrix aircraft performance modeling is much better.

(in reply to MXB2001)
Post #: 6
RE: PW 3.2 Japanese AP problem - 12/15/2011 4:55:52 PM   
MXB2001

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradk

Ummm... if I was playing an AI game I'd play the SSI version.  Matrix crippled AI.  It should be possible to edit the SSI aircraft files so aircraft performance matches Matrix.  Matrix aircraft performance modeling is much better.

Oh so 3.2 will be much easier? Cool. I like to win. ;-)

(in reply to bradk)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> PW 3.2 a first play Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI