Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

check for this?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> check for this? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
check for this? - 12/11/2011 4:41:59 PM   
freeboy

i must be spoiled little axis fb, but it seems my units must pas a check to assaign support ? or is there some other element stopping me.. they ar ready, not moved... hq with support close.etc etc..
some can
some cannot
please clearify
thanks
Post #: 1
RE: check for this? - 12/12/2011 12:07:01 AM   
Fänrik Stål

The support unit you want to assign must be in an HQ belonging to the same command structure as the unit you want to assign it to.

"Släpp ingen djävul över bron!"

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 2
RE: check for this? - 12/12/2011 12:57:58 AM   
freeboy

yep.. same hq.. the hq lists all its fun toys.. and I try to successfully most of the time, add them manually to units going on the offensive.. sometime my units just sit there with no "assign" showing.. anyone?

(in reply to Fänrik Stål)
Post #: 3
RE: check for this? - 12/12/2011 1:17:13 AM   
elmo3

Hard to say without more info.  Some possibilities:

Page 77 in the manual: 
quote:

Support units with an asterisk cannot be assigned to another headquarters, combat unit, or a town, city or urban hex during the current turn.

Page 99: 
quote:

German Divisions and Soviet Corps can directly attach up to three support units while numbered German regimental and Soviet Tank and Mech Corps brigade break down units (i.e. 3/129 regiment) can attach one support unit,...Note that Soviet Corps combat units, such as Rifle and Cavalry Corps, that were built up from divisions will have any attached support units re-assigned and be unable to attach any support units while the unit is broken down into divisions.

Page 100: 
quote:

7.5.2.2. SU to CU Attachment Restrictions
There is no range limitation to the transfer of support unit attachments; however, combat units must be in supply in order to transfer support units. Changing support unit attachments may require the expenditure of admin points (12.2.3). A specific support unit attachment can only be transferred once per turn and will be marked with an asterisk in the combat unit detail window to denote that it cannot be transferred again that turn. Axis Allied support units cannot be attached to combat units of a different nationality. For example, Finnish support units cannot be attached to a German Panzer Division.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> check for this? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI