Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft devices in stock: almost all are duplicated

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Aircraft devices in stock: almost all are duplicated Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft devices in stock: almost all are duplicated - 12/11/2011 10:35:07 AM   
elcid

With the exception of aircraft that have no devices
it appears that 100% of aircraft records have duplicated codes.

Whatever is in slot 1 also is in slot 11, 2 in 12, etc.

There are a couple of cases where they are different devices - presumably because the
first page (devices 1-10) got edited but the second page (devices 11-20) did not.

FYI.

It is quite possible you have twice as many guns, twice as many bombs, twice as many
radars, etc - all the time.

Modders of course can delete the extra devices. But doing so by hand is a lot of work.
It would be nice if a clean set was issued.
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft devices in stock: almost all are duplicated - 12/11/2011 10:42:08 AM   
JuanG

Slots 1-10 are used for normal range, slots 11-20 for extended range.

There are a few cases where there are errors between device that should be 'static' between the two (such as defensive guns), but in most cases difference are intentional.

< Message edited by JuanG -- 12/11/2011 2:23:24 PM >

Coral Sea HDM
AltWNT Scenarios

(in reply to elcid)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft devices in stock: almost all are duplicated - 12/11/2011 2:20:37 PM   
wdolson

This was a design change for AE that gave more direct control over what planes carry on extended range missions.  It works differently from the old WitP.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to JuanG)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft devices in stock: almost all are duplicated - 12/11/2011 7:40:27 PM   
elcid

That is actually nice.

Note that engines are not duplicated - which probably also is nice - at least for Japan - that must produce them!

It seems odd, however, that drop tanks are also duplicated. And it means there is a limit to the number of devices -
so huge bombers may run out of weapons slots. Which would then require compromise simplifications.

< Message edited by elcid -- 12/11/2011 7:42:27 PM >

(in reply to JuanG)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft devices in stock: almost all are duplicated - 12/11/2011 8:19:19 PM   
JuanG

Engines arent duplicated presumably because one airframe needs only one set of engines? Im not even sure what happens if engines are assigned to slots other than 10, presumably the game might not even register them.

As to running out of slots; the B-19 bomber in my mods is the closest I've come, with 7 different slots used for defensive guns, one for bombs and one for engines. Hard to think of something more armed, unless its a mix of different devices, like the H8K Emily, which also uses 7, due to its mix of 7.7mm and 20mm. So theres still space for one more if needed, unless you want drop tanks too.

Coral Sea HDM
AltWNT Scenarios

(in reply to elcid)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Aircraft devices in stock: almost all are duplicated Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI