Problem with some games....

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Gilmer

Problem with some games....

Post by Gilmer »

I have a video issue that I cannot seem to get rid of. In some games (somewhat older games, maybe 3-4 years old), the screen is hanging off the right side, so that I cannot see two inches or so on the right and I have a black border on the left about 2 inches. I played with the monitor setting but this has not helped enough.

Does anyone know how to fix this - I'm sure it is some setting I changed in windows or there is some command or setting I can change that will fix it, but I'm kind of at my wits end.

I use Windows 7.

Help!
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
kvob

RE: Problem with some games....

Post by kvob »

I get this with Making History II. It's exactly the symptom you describe. However, I find that if I switch to the desktop and then back to the game, it's fine and properly aligned. I'm running Vista so I don't know if this will help you or not.
Gilmer

RE: Problem with some games....

Post by Gilmer »

Ok, thanks. I actually got a new monitor and it had a setting under computer setting that says adjust monitor, and that helped in Crusader Kings.

I'm going to see if it helps in other games as well.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”