Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

crossing is secured, why ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> crossing is secured, why ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
crossing is secured, why ? - 12/10/2011 1:26:47 PM   
miya

Hallo,

can anybody explain why the southern crossing is secured when there is no friendly unit in the perimeter. I am playing allied.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: crossing is secured, why ? - 12/10/2011 4:35:53 PM   
simovitch

You most likely got those occupation points in previous days. you don't lose occupation points just because you don't occupy the objective anymore.

simovitch

(in reply to miya)
Post #: 2
RE: crossing is secured, why ? - 12/10/2011 6:36:38 PM   
miya

I don't mean the occupation points. What I mean is the green colour, indicating that "Petit Halleux Bridge South" is currently secured.
It is odd collecting the points. No unit is in the perimeter and the crossing is intact.

I just discovered something which might be interesting and may help solve the problem.
I was looking at the area with the right mouse button to get information about the terrain. I was not able to find the crossing. Maybe there is something with the mapfile. Were the mapfiles changed for the patch ?
Second, it should be a light bridge and not a ferry.

< Message edited by miya -- 12/10/2011 6:48:41 PM >

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 3
RE: crossing is secured, why ? - 12/10/2011 8:43:17 PM   
springel

The crossing was destroyed during a defensive action, thereby denying it to the enemy until he constructs a new one?

(in reply to miya)
Post #: 4
RE: crossing is secured, why ? - 12/11/2011 1:38:03 AM   
simovitch

Something is odd here but it's not really a bug. Your objective is to deny this crossing, which you have done as long as the enemy has not secured the crossing. he would just need the 10:1 force ratio to keep you from getting it.

The map file is fine, the right click pick the dominant terrain, so these small crossings sometimes don't show up, but the movement table is OK.

This bridge was a foot bridge IIRC, so we made it passable for infantry not armor.

simovitch

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 5
RE: crossing is secured, why ? - 12/11/2011 11:57:32 AM   
miya

I made some tests and can present two solutions. Both work fine, but since this bridge should only be passable by foot, it is the second one which I prefer.

First: Change the "Petit Halleux Bridge South" to a light road bridge with the help of the scenario maker.

Second: Open the map maker and replace that crossing, which is currently a road bridge, with a ferry/ford crossing. Calculate the terrain tables, generate the cache and it works.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 6
RE: crossing is secured, why ? - 12/11/2011 12:17:42 PM   
simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: miya

Second: Open the map maker and replace that crossing, which is currently a road bridge, with a ferry/ford crossing. Calculate the terrain tables, generate the cache and it works.

Interesting.

I also moved the objectives off of the crossing so the player can see the crossing type without turning off objectives.

simovitch

(in reply to miya)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> crossing is secured, why ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI