Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 8:56:14 AM   
undercovergeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arctic Blast

Seeing how well this is going, I can't imagine why Jason would possibly not want to deal with this sort of thing in the sub forum...

He did. That is the whole problem. There seems to be a conflict within Matrix rules and regulations. One rule says the thread gets locked down and another rule says posts are deleted. That was the point of the OP. We'd like to know WHICH rule is in effect.

i dont want to rain on your parade, or indeed your arguement that youve managed to carry across 3 different forums now it would seem, but..........

no
one
cares

except the original people embroiled in the arguement. All youre doing is bitching and moaning in public. Imagine three little girls all whirling their hands in each others face and shouting at the same time - thats you that is.

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 61
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 10:51:42 AM   
Terl

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

quote:

quote:

Seeing how well this is going, I can't imagine why Jason would possibly not want to deal with this sort of thing in the sub forum...

He did. That is the whole problem. There seems to be a conflict within Matrix rules and regulations. One rule says the thread gets locked down and another rule says posts are deleted. That was the point of the OP. We'd like to know WHICH rule is in effect.

i dont want to rain on your parade, or indeed your arguement that youve managed to carry across 3 different forums now it would seem, but..........

no
one
cares

except the original people embroiled in the arguement. All youre doing is bitching and moaning in public. Imagine three little girls all whirling their hands in each others face and shouting at the same time - thats you that is.

Totally agree. I guess Erik has not seen this yet else he'd shut it down I think...

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 62
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 10:56:09 AM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

thats you that is.

LMAO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApQejqCqwxU

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

Post #: 63
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 11:03:24 AM   
**budd**

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Post #: 64
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 2:05:41 PM   
MrRoadrunner

Spot on GoodGuy!

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to GoodGuy)
Post #: 65
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 2:30:02 PM   
Deputy

quote:

quote:

quote:

no
one
cares

First off I am not the OP. I was simply describing what he wanted to know. Secondly, the OP left the JTCS forum to find out from others who MIGHT KNOW what the policy might be at this location. Thirdly, NOBODY is forcing you to read the thread. If you don't have an answer to the original question put forward, you are just blowing smoke and padding your post count.

Squad Battles
John Tiller's Campaign Series: Abandonware and no longer supported. Whata shame.

Post #: 66
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 2:48:16 PM   
undercovergeek

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

no
one
cares

First off I am not the OP. I was simply describing what he wanted to know. Secondly, the OP left the JTCS forum to find out from others who MIGHT KNOW what the policy might be at this location. Thirdly, NOBODY is forcing you to read the thread. If you don't have an answer to the original question put forward, you are just blowing smoke and padding your post count.

you, the OP and all the other little girls dont want an answer.

If Erik came on here now and said Yes or No, one of you would find a contrary arguement to blast the others with and THEN it would be locked - so leave it be now.

A google search soon brings up places where you can go argue with each other - netmummys looks like a popular one

JD - they were the best ever when i was at school

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 67
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 2:51:16 PM   
Deputy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

no
one
cares

If Erik came on here now and said Yes or No, one of you would find a contrary arguement to blast the others with and THEN it would be locked - so leave it be now.

A google search soon brings up places where you can go argue with each other - netmummys looks like a popular one

So you ASS U ME that is the case. Why not let Erik post the answer and THEN make your judgement?

Squad Battles
John Tiller's Campaign Series: Abandonware and no longer supported. Whata shame.

Post #: 68
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 4:36:08 PM   
JW

This is becoming like a parody of forum flame war posts.    Except the participants have not descended to profanity and crude name-calling.  It is kind of like a flame war at the gentleman's forum club.

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 69
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 4:56:43 PM   
Scott_WAR

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

no
one
cares

So, you arent even involved in the discussion,...and want to throw around insults. Pot meet Kettle.

< Message edited by Scott_WAR -- 12/10/2011 5:02:40 PM >

Post #: 70
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 6:21:40 PM   
barker

I just wanted to know what are the exact rules for the forum and does it run accross the whole thing. Not cherry picked into a category or subcategory. That is simple huh?

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 71
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 8:44:38 PM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

ORIGINAL: mwest

May wish to review some additional Matrix Forum rules?

"Matrix Games is solely responsible for creating, hosting, and maintaining this message board. This is a private board and shall not be used for anyone personal causes.

Matrix Games.com reserves the right to ban any person from this message board which it has determined to be in violation or simply just for the good of the overall community. Matrix Games also reserves the right to delete or remove any post on our message board."

For the love of Pete, Barker did you miss this?

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to mwest)
Post #: 72
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 9:04:12 PM   
barker

I was wanting an official response from the forums sponsors not a user, no harm intended. I just want the rules to apply to you as well as me...even footing if you will

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to MrRoadrunner)
Post #: 73
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 10:04:43 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Barker,

We'll look into this and reply early next week. I want to make sure I know what happened here before giving an official response.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to barker)
Post #: 74
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 10:15:59 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Oops!  Wrong Door(as he quietly closes the door and moves on).........

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 75
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 11:15:25 PM   
barker

Thank you Erik for the quick response

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 76
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/11/2011 12:19:31 AM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Barker,

We'll look into this and reply early next week. I want to make sure I know what happened here before giving an official response.

Regards,

- Erik

Thank you Erik. Much appreciated.

< Message edited by Deputy -- 12/11/2011 3:03:47 PM >

Squad Battles

Post #: 77
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/11/2011 12:21:31 AM   
barker

Well we are going to get an up or down decision...I would rather have a decision good or bad then none at all

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 78
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/13/2011 2:17:53 PM   
barker

Erik any word yet?

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to barker)
Post #: 79
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/13/2011 2:39:00 PM   
vonRocko

Geez, give it a rest. Like Eric has nothing better to do than referee a girlie catfight.

(in reply to barker)
Post #: 80
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/13/2011 2:45:04 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko
Geez, give it a rest. Like Eric has nothing better to do than referee a girlie catfight.

"No fighting in the war room" :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 81
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/13/2011 2:52:14 PM   
Treale

quote:

ORIGINAL: sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

"No fighting in the war room" :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

A great line from a great movie !!!

Tony

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 82
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/13/2011 3:52:19 PM   
barker

What does it matter asking for an update. I have to give status meeting on where we are at and what our expectations going to be. What standards have changed etc. Life in engineering. It is no big deal

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to Treale)
Post #: 83
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/13/2011 6:58:12 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

I had a chat with Jason and went over some of the forum history.

First, Jason is the moderator for the Campaign Series sub-forum and we support his actions and appreciate the time he puts in to moderate the forum.

There were some threads and discussions that were going far off-topic and also in some cases into completely non-constructive discussions that devolved into arguments between posters. Off-topic posts should go to the General Discussion forum and on-topic posts should remain constructive. The goal of any of these forums is to promote our interest in gaming and in a specific game, including healthy debate, but not to promote arguments.

There is a difference between our general forum policy and the sub-forum policy though and this resulted from a miscommunication on our part. Off-topic threads and general bashing/argument threads will either be locked or moved to the General Discussion forum as appropriate in the future. Threads that go way out of bounds will be deleted. If Jason feels that a particular forum member is violating our forum policies, they'll get a warning and be referred to the general forum moderators as usual.

If anyone has any questions or comments, please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to barker)
Post #: 84
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/13/2011 7:27:02 PM   
barker

Thanks for the clarification, This is a great HELP!

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

Post #: 85
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/13/2011 9:12:10 PM   
Deputy

Thanks Eric. Exactly what we wanted to know.

Squad Battles

(in reply to barker)
Post #: 86
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/15/2011 12:32:33 PM   
undercovergeek

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

no
one
cares

So you ASS U ME that is the case. Why not let Erik post the answer and THEN make your judgement?

can i make it now?

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 87
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/15/2011 2:47:01 PM   
Deputy

quote:

can i make it now?

Squad Battles

Post #: 88
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/15/2011 4:33:11 PM   
undercovergeek

quote:

quote:

can i make it now?

lmao - let me see now..................

quote:

if that isnt EXACTLY what happened

so yes U are an ASS and ME? i was right all along

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 89
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/15/2011 5:24:05 PM   
Deputy

quote:

if that isnt EXACTLY what happened

so yes U are an ASS and ME? i was right all along

You have an amazing imagination or you can't read for squat.

"Thanks Eric. Exactly what we wanted to know".

looks like you are the donkey in this forum.

Squad Battles

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI