Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 2:16:00 PM   
JudgeDredd

The op

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 31
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 4:35:17 PM   
wodin

Think JD is saying the OP is spamming.

Whoops sorry JD didn't notice you had already replied.

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 32
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 5:02:09 PM   
Deputy

I was under the impression the OP was asking for a clarification on what exactly the policy is on posts??

Squad Battles
John Tiller's Campaign Series: Abandonware and no longer supported. Whata shame.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 33
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 5:47:35 PM   
wodin

God knows...I think it's becasue the thread has moved from one forum to another...

It's all very confusing.

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 34
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 5:48:27 PM   
Treale

This whole thread has me confused???

Tony

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 35
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 6:59:49 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treale

This whole thread has me confused???

Welcome to the club

Squad Battles
John Tiller's Campaign Series: Abandonware and no longer supported. Whata shame.

(in reply to Treale)
Post #: 36
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 8:01:16 PM   
JudgeDredd

It is actually to do with the fact that it's moved outside of the place where it wasn't posted to be posted here - and no - it's not actually just looking for clarification - it's being repeated seemingly with copies of what was posted - so it's not really just about clarification. And whatever the hell went on is still being carried on here.

If he's got a beef (or whoever the hell has) then they should contact Matrix. Not start the same bloody thing over again in a totally different forum!

Where next if the bloody post gets deleted from here?

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 37
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 8:41:44 PM   
torpoint

Going back to the original post, I posted stating about a scenario I designed and was available for those interested.
Apparently someone posted in reply and the thread was withdrawn.
Same thing happened at the Blitz. I posted asking about frontages of formations in attack and defence and the same person
disrupted that thread as well, the topic was completely changed.
Take a look at the mod's post about me at the Blitz, amazing! I've mailed all the mods and explained they want to get their
facts right before slandering my reputation in public. Then, on this site I get my posts removed so, all I would say is, beware
the mods and the owners of the sites. It's a bit like Nazi Germany or Stalin's Russia, - you see what they want you to see and remove anything that others see, that is different to the propaganda they want to promote.
If you only want posts that further the improvement of JTCS and delete any others, then you make a sad mistake, something we Brits
fought for, 'Freedom of Speech'. Just go down the route of the tyrants, squash public opinion and promote your own propaganda.
I suddenly realised I don't need the forums anymore, I've wasted enough of my life putting up with the likes of RR and MW and the
sad actions of the mods who allow these characters to ruin EVERYONE'S threads that promote something they don't want, or, as someone said on the Blitz, 'urinates over everyone's threads all the time'.
Well, don't need Matrix either so probably bye bye here now for me, but, whilst you can view the post, realise the mods protect the tossers for some reason, despite members leaving the forums in droves. Front the mods over any issue in public and, you'll be quoted rule xxx500 and told to discuss it in private,such is their' lack of guts in allowing the truth to come out. No place for me I'm afraid.
regards
Peter

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 38
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 9:00:36 PM   
JudgeDredd

oh for the love of sweet furry animals! now that's opened a whole new can of the proverbial!

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to torpoint)
Post #: 39
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 9:19:54 PM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
Where next if the bloody post gets deleted from here?

It is one of nine threads with dozens of posts, that essentially had two members repeat and repeat the same similar themes.
Maybe they will start up their own website and go there?

The themes posted on the MatrixJTCS forum:

*Jason is bad. (which is funny as he is the Mod)
*Matrix is bad. (which is also funny because they own the site)
*CS version 1.04 is bad.
*The future version 1.05 patch will be bad.
*People who disagree with them are bad.
*People who come in to throw around unfounded wild accusations against others are good.
*Board Trolls who agree with them are very good.
*Version 1.02 is the best because you can more easily beat the AI.
*The original Talonsoft version is great for the two members who play and Jason/Matrix must revert back to it.

Don't defend Jason, or Matrix, or Version 1.04 and you'll be O.K. to go!
Here we get, "my post was deleted and I want to post it, don't show me the rules against it, or I'll post it again".
And, if you have a comment they cannot comprehend they revert to movie scenes where a Taxi Driver steps out and says, "You talkin' to me?"

RR

No animals were hurt during the typing of this post (I promise).

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 40
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 10:02:26 PM   
torpoint

HEY, here you go urinating again RR ! Carry on cos, more people realise what you are about, rather than you accuse
others of being the problem. Is MW running behind you I wonder, holding the 'poop scooper?'
You really should have stuck to giving helpful advice rather than try control everyone elses' opinions?

(in reply to MrRoadrunner)
Post #: 41
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 10:40:29 PM   
Deputy

Lucky thing the pinocchio effect was limited to one wooden puppet. There would be someone on here with a nose 10 feet long!!

Squad Battles

Post #: 42
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 10:43:25 PM   
Otto von Blotto

quote:

ORIGINAL: torpoint
If you only want posts that further the improvement of JTCS and delete any others, then you make a sad mistake, something we Brits fought for, 'Freedom of Speech'.

Oh please what an old chestnut, there are many reasons why the British entered the second world war, free speech wasn't anywhere near the top 10.

"Personal isn't the same as important"

(in reply to torpoint)
Post #: 43
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 10:44:22 PM   
MrRoadrunner

I did write that no animals were hurt during my typing? 

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 44
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 10:52:12 PM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Otto von Blotto

quote:

If you only want posts that further the improvement of JTCS and delete any others, then you make a sad mistake, something we Brits fought for, 'Freedom of Speech'.

Oh please what an old chestnut, there are many reasons why the British entered the second world war, free speech wasn't anywhere near the top 10.

Otto, Freedom of Speech was never given so that anyone can say anything anywhere they want to. Matrix is a private company and has rules regarding their forums?
Disagreeing with the direction of the development team is one thing. Constant moaning and crying is another.
Some cannot understand that. It's O.K., let him go!
At least that is what my dad said when the fish on the hook was too small.
He also said to let him grow and we'll catch him later.

Crazy rants and lies are part of the package?
Stop by the CS forum and watch a movie. I heard there is a new one.

RR

(in reply to Otto von Blotto)
Post #: 45
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 11:03:13 PM   
Otto von Blotto

I'm a fisherman and your dad was a wise man.

Post #: 46
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 11:10:29 PM   
torpoint

Maybe you know less about British spirit than I do Otto?
As for little fish RR, YOU ARE MORE AKIN TO THE WORMS FISH
ARE FED WITH, I SUGGEST, with the respect you deserve of course?

Post #: 47
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 11:13:37 PM   
JW

I must say that this thread is entertaining if nothing else.

(in reply to torpoint)
Post #: 48
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/9/2011 11:33:12 PM   
Otto von Blotto

quote:

Maybe you know less about British spirit than I do Otto?

Really maybe so, maybe not, maybe I know a different part of it than you do. ? I am British and I live on the south coast within 1000 yards of a beach that was under invasion threat, they are still finding bombs ever year. My parents and grandparents lived on the outskirts of London during the blitz, My Nan worked in the munitions factory, my mother played around bomb shelters while V1's engines cut out overhead and the Luftwaffe did it's best to blow the feck out of them, shrapnel got embedded in their front door more than once. My grand Uncle was a tank commander in the desert but sadly he never came back. Others of my family were also lost and injured none of them did it for free speech.

My father ran over a land mine while driving a military vehicle in the desert in the 50's suez you remember that don't you the fiasco no one dare mention and another great British free speech event. my brother has also been in the forces believe me in the army free speech is the least of their concerns.

(in reply to torpoint)
Post #: 49
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 12:05:23 AM   
Deputy

Seriously, I suggest those that can't agree make use of the little green ignore button right next to the "Buddy" button. It works wonders. Idiotic and dufuss posts become invisible. Does wonders for the blood pressure.

Squad Battles

Post #: 50
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 12:10:19 AM   
Otto von Blotto

seriously you are suggesting those that believe in free speech use the ignore button. ?

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 51
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 12:15:12 AM   
Deputy

LOL...thanks to whoever PMed me about Otto's post. He is already on my ignore list. See...it's working great

Squad Battles

Post #: 52
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 1:19:30 AM   
Arctic Blast

Seeing how well this is going, I can't imagine why Jason would possibly not want to deal with this sort of thing in the sub forum...

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 53
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 1:58:19 AM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arctic Blast

Seeing how well this is going, I can't imagine why Jason would possibly not want to deal with this sort of thing in the sub forum...

He did. That is the whole problem. There seems to be a conflict within Matrix rules and regulations. One rule says the thread gets locked down and another rule says posts are deleted. That was the point of the OP. We'd like to know WHICH rule is in effect.

Squad Battles

(in reply to Arctic Blast)
Post #: 54
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 1:58:57 AM   
BAL

quote:

ORIGINAL: JW

I must say that this thread is entertaining if nothing else.

This is the best thread ever.

I'll try being nicer if you try being less stupid. - anon

(in reply to JW)
Post #: 55
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 2:05:02 AM   
JW

I've also learned a new acronym.  I had no idea what OP meant when I saw it, but finally figured it out. So this is entertaining and educational.

(in reply to BAL)
Post #: 56
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 2:33:19 AM   
junk2drive

OP was the little red head in Mayberry.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to JW)
Post #: 57
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 3:50:22 AM   
JW

I was actually thinking Observation Post but knew that couldn't be it in this thread.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 58
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 6:08:07 AM   
torpoint

Yeah Otto, awesome history, same as my family actually.

(in reply to JW)
Post #: 59
RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix - 12/10/2011 8:00:47 AM   
GoodGuy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Otto von Blotto

...... believe me in the army free speech is the least of their concerns.

In WWII, at least a free Britain was a concern, actually, well along with England's will to protect her colonies, her backbone of resources and the spheres of political and economical interests/influences.

Also, quite contrary to your statement, quite some members of the US units that freed my hometown (Cologne) insisted that they actually did have that spirit and they told citizens, after they understood that - during living under a dictatorship - there wasn't just black and white, that they had worked hard (and had risked their lifes) for current and future generations of "Krauts" to enjoy freedom (of speech). The same was pointed out by the Brits who then provided the occupation force for the Rheinland. Does that mean that each and every Allied officer or grunt had that spirit? No.
But does that mean no soldier was preoccupied by that spirit? No.

Vital British (and American) figures, who were in charge right after the war, actually kept up that spirit and were substantial in implementing that basic right (freedom of speech), and the Brits were a driving - if not the leading force - when it came to establishing a free media landscape in (North-)Germany:

On behalf of the Foreign Office, the British military administration was tasked with rebuilding the press, radio stations and cinemas. A special unit (PRISC = Public Relations and Information Services Control) was then in charge of the reconstruction, and hired a few German editors and journalists. One of those activities involved the creation of a weekly magazine ("Diese Woche" = This Week), which was launched in 1946, with a British officer as acting chief editor, and with the British unit providing training and support for everything dealing with how to set up a free and thoroughly researching editorial department.

After publishing a number of very critical articles (where some had been smuggled into the magazine), covering the fact that the British military administration was absolutely overstrained when it came to organize food and coal distribution (which led to the "Hunger-Winter" 1946/47 and the "Hunger-Year 1947") and the fact that there was no political intention {until 1947} to up the food level for Germany, the British Foreign Office ordered it to be passed into German hands, issuing their second license for a weekly magazine in Germany. The Brits just didn't want to publish a magazine with highly critical articles, where officers of their own military branch were involved, so, instead of prohibiting the publication of the magazine, they just got rid of it. This magazine (now called "DER SPIEGEL" = The Mirror) became the spearhead of investigative journalism in Germany, as it developed a history of investigation and publication of (national) political and economical scandals, since 1950.

That said, the Brits who were in charge in the Foreign Office and in the PRISC unit had that spirit, for sure.

quote:

ORIGINAL: barker

tried to post a question - that all threads on the board should adhere to the new policy....it was deleted

Now, regarding freedom of speech in a forum (which is not connected and shall not be confused with any existing constitutional right that protects free speech):
If the moderator of a privately owned forum feels like deleting posts or limiting free spech, then he has the right to do so. If the mod of this general forum feels like deleting my post, say because my detailed example above is deemed to be off-topic, I'd consider it to be a bit too strict, but hey ... still fair enough, it's his right.

A user who's got a problem with such actions may express his/her discontent, but after 1 or 2 times such user might want to actually either go and frequent other forums or refrain from emitting confusing threads that are just trying to ship around a (sub forum) mod's "powers".

While any form of more strict forum control may be inconvenient (or frustrating, depending on the POV), trying to bypass the mods/devs, by posting it in the general forum of that particular dev's publisher, is a bit off, imho, no matter who's right or wrong.
This could actually be addressed via PM or e-mail.

My 2 cents

< Message edited by GoodGuy -- 12/10/2011 8:46:42 AM >

"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: New Forum Policy for JTCS-is this approved by Matrix Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI