Real Sound Mod Redux

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

VPaulus

Real Sound Mod Redux

Post by VPaulus »

This is basically a new edited version of the Real Sound Mod.
There were added new sounds, enhanced some of the old ones and deleted/replaced some sounds with less quality.
Now we have 138 sounds for attack and 311 for movement. In terms of attack is more than the double we had in RSM.
In my opinion, this version is close from what we (Razz and me) both intended when we began to create this sound mod.

To install, just unzip the files and folders to the correspondent Panzer Corps subfolders "Audio" and "Graphics".
The only file replaced from the original, is the "efx.pzdat". So please do a backup of this file in the "Graphics" subfolder.
Strongly advised the use of Generic Mod Enabler.

During the tests it was discovered, that Panzer Corps, could crash when it's consuming more than 1GB of memory. Rudankort already said, that the memory usage will be tweaked soon. So, while there's no patch for this issue, I recommend first of all, to save in regular basis, and secondly, you should exit to Windows after playing one/two scenarios in a campaign. That way the memory will be dumped off. All of the testers were able to play more than one scenario in the campaign, but if you want to be sure just exit to Windows and enter again after playing one.

Note to 1.1x Patch: One of the things that patch 1.10 brought to us, was a way to disable the animation cache of Panzer Corps. This will reduce enormously the chance of the game crashing to desktop.
To disable the cache you must create a shortcut of PanzerCorps.exe and add the switch /nocache after PanzerCorps.exe. Don't forget to add a space after ". Look at the follow examples:

Please, it's very important that in case you experience any crash, to report it back here. We need to know if we must tweak even further Panzer Corps in order to prevent crashes.

This version will replace all the previous versions of RSM Redux
Full Version 1.20a:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/59xtsy

Update 1.20 to 1.20a:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/y20qwj

The pack for Damage Sfx. It's optional.
RSM Redux Sfx Pack 1.0: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4x8142

* Installation Notes for updates:
- With "Generic Mod Enabler" installed
Deactivate the "Real Sound Mod" from "Generic Mod Enabler". Extract the update zip file. Copy/replace the file(s) from the
"Panzer Corps\MODS\Real Sound Mod" subfolder with the ones extracted. Activate the "Real Sound Mod" in "Generic Mod Enabler".
- Without "Generic Mod Enabler" installed
Extract the update zip file. Copy/replace the file(s) from the "Panzer Corps\MODS\Real Sound Mod" subfolder with the ones extracted.
In both cases don't erase the anterior package, this is only an update. It can replace some sounds, but most are additions.

To install RSM REdux Sfx pack, copy the files to the "Audio" folder or better, use Generic Mod Enabler.
In this Case just create a Mod folder with the name of the mod and copy the Audio folder with all the files of this pack.

Compatibility:
- Panzer Corps 1.1x
- DLC Grand Campaign
- Afrika Korps
. Allied Corps
- All campaigns and scenarios which use exclusively vanilla units

Thanks to Xerkis, jaggy, AgentX and gaaust for testing this mod.
A special thanks also to MikeAP for hinting on the art of sound editing.
VPaulus

RE: Real Sound Mod Redux

Post by VPaulus »

Update for RSM Redux: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21270139 ... ux_1_1_zip
Around 140 new sounds were added. 8)
I wasn't able to do a change log, because there were a lot of changings. It's true that mostly are new additions for the new mods, but sounds like the bombing attack sounds, were changed and added.
I've replaced the SE/SS sounds for some new ones, and have reduced the number of times which the special movement sound will be heard. I still need some feedback on this matte; I wan to avoid the over usage of those sounds, that may cause a certain saturation when playing. so please if you still thinks is too much, please report.

RSM Redux Sfx: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21270170 ... fx+1.0.zip
I'm also releasing a SFX pack. This package is a stand alone version. Replaces some of the explosions in the game.
It's optional, because, I sense that some people might not like it.
Copy the files to the "Audio" folder or better use GME.
GSlapshot

Post by GSlapshot »

VPaulus; Just a note to a statement above you state that 1.1 is cumulative but it doens't look like it since 1.0 was 272MB while 1.1 is only 80MB. With the release of 1.2 the note says they are not cumulative. What is right?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Yes, you're right.[:(]
I don't know how this happened, but I forgot completely to update Matrix page.[X(]
It's inexcusable.[:-]
Sorry for this. I promise that won't happen again, now that 1.3 update is basically complete. [:)]
I was not planning in do it right now. But what the heck, I'll upload 1.3 now.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Update 1.3. [:)]
GSlapshot

Post by GSlapshot »

VPaulus no need to apologize. After I posted here went to the Slitherine forum and saw they weren't. Keep up the good work and your
Mods area on Slitherine is fantastic.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Thanks, GSlapshot.[:)]
planner 3

Post by planner 3 »

Vpaulus: No URL for update in MATRIX page, tried Game Depot from Slitherine page and got a "unable to connect, bad page" message.

???????[&:]
"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: planner 3

Vpaulus: No URL for update in MATRIX page, tried Game Depot from Slitherine page and got a "unable to connect, bad page" message.

???????[&:]
You mean Game Front... it seems that some people have problems with Game Front.
I'll try to upload to a different host during the weekend.
Stay tuned.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Update 1.3 have already another mirror.
planner 3

Post by planner 3 »

GSlapshot

Post by GSlapshot »

VP Do we have to download the real sound mods first and then overwrite/add/replace with Redux? Or can we just download Redux alone & install. Your directions imply that you started with the real sound mod and added/replaced with Redux.

Thanks for your work
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

No need to download Real Sound Mod.
Redux has all the files that you need. So just download and install 1.0, and after in this sequence: 1.1, 1.2 and finally 1.3 update.
Like you've already noticed they aren't cumulative.
If you're playing any DMP mod, Afrika Korps, Winterkrieg and Ostfront, there's also a special version of the Redux in the DMP forum. But that's only for DMP mods.
GSlapshot

Post by GSlapshot »

Thanks VP. I didn't know there was an additional mod for DMP add ons. I have been playing Afrika Korps with RSM Redux and occasionally some strange sounds that I wasn't expecting.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Well GS, you are able to play RSM Redux with Afrika Korps and winterkrieg but not with Ostfront.

However this special version has DMP animations.
RSM Redux DMP (Afrika Korps and Winterkrieg)
http://www.designmodproject.de/forum/vi ... 79&t=26808

In order to play Ostfront (which have a lot of units with the same name as vanilla ones) I had to make a special patch for it. This patch is only for playingOstfront and RSM Redux DMP:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21644932 ... tfront.zip
You'll have to install the RSM Redux DMP and this patch. If it's only for Winterkrieg or Afrika, you must use the the normal RSM Redux DMP.

Please, when you find strange sounds, or bad animations, please don't hesitate to post it here or in the Slitherine forum.
This is a never ending mod.
GSlapshot

Post by GSlapshot »

VP thanks for the post. I haven't gotten to Ostfront yet. The sounds were from when units moved Using transport. I thought I heard a difference between regular & SE units and Italian units when using the same truck with a different camo scheme.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

New version 1.10 released.
Compatibility with 1.10 and the new Afrika Korps expansion.
Enjoy!
planner 3

Post by planner 3 »

Well neither download sites work here ?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Could you try with another browser, planner3?
Or please try later.
If the issue persists I'll try get for you another solution, but you'll have to wait for a couple of days.

Also try this way without "http://" and copy and past manually the address:

Code: Select all

www.sendspace.com/file/f9a1b6
planner 3

Post by planner 3 »

VP Thanks but I'm considering selling off this game if it don't work right on a reload.

Starting reload from scratch, better work this time, or its history, getting to old for this hassle

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”