Controlling an entire alliance?

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

sveint

Controlling an entire alliance?

Post by sveint »

What options do I need to set if I want to control all countries of an alliance?

Let's say I play the Axis. So I set Germany and Slovakia to human control. But what of for example Hungary? When/if it joins will I get control? What about nations that could join different alliances?
gwgardner

RE: Controlling an entire alliance?

Post by gwgardner »

The best option is to set all those possible AXIS nations to your player control. You'll play them as neutrals until they join up. If they join up. Germany will have to diplo them into joining.

Another option is to let the AI handle all those countries until they enter the war, at which point you save the game. When you restart that saved game, you will have the option to change the status from AI to human controlled.

A third option is to use the F11 cheat to change that status.

As to multiplayer - I frankly can't recall if the above option 2 will work. For multiplayer, you may have to do option 1.

sveint

Post by sveint »

Thanks, reloading the game is easy enough for single player. Not sure what would be best for PBEM.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

You can save in the middle of a multiplayer turn, exit, restart, etc. No problem. However, I believe that in multiplayer the original startup country assignments can't be changed later (except maybe with F11?). Best to give human control at the very beginning.

doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

There is no possibility to add countries to any player in Multiplayer

Return to “Time of Fury”