Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions on Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Questions on Game Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions on Game - 12/7/2011 10:29:25 AM   
demjansk

I don't have either Time of Wrath or the new title Fury. Is the Time of Fury game an enhancement of the Wrath game?

Also, if you purchase Fury would you play Time of Wrath anymore?

I have played SC Global Conflict, SCWW2,SCww1 and was wondering if the games are similar?

Post #: 1
RE: Questions on Game - 12/7/2011 11:00:15 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

I believe Time Of Fury is an improved version with the discount being given to ToW owners and as such there would be no reason to go back.

As far as SC, I'm no expert on the subject but it would appear that while both games cover the events during WW2, I think the scale is slightly smaller in ToF(which should account for more tactical options) and that ToF is more refined and polished as far as graphics go. Check out the AAR's just if you do so to see the many display options.

In short I would assume that if you enjoy SC and games of that scale you should check this game out also. I just bought it myself and so far am pleased I did.

Hope that helped a bit.

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 12/7/2011 11:16:59 AM >

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to demjansk)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions on Game - 12/7/2011 11:50:46 AM   
Anguille

I bought ToW a couple of weeks ago because it works on my netbook but otherwise, i wouldn't see the point to buy it (ToW) as Time of Fury is a greatly improved version. I can't compare with SC as i haven't played any.

< Message edited by Anguille -- 12/7/2011 11:51:17 AM >

Armada 2526 Supernova and Distant Worlds - Legends: the ultimate space strategy games are HERE in the Matrix

Pushing it to the limits: an Armada 2526 AAR

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions on Game - 12/7/2011 2:21:00 PM   
vonRocko

Just my opinion, the Sc games are so much better. Wasteland is good at making new games, but not so hot on fixing them after release. Their poorly written manuals leave important game information completely out. I got burned twice by wasteland, I'll pass on this one.

(in reply to Anguille)
Post #: 4
RE: Questions on Game - 12/7/2011 2:55:43 PM   
J P Falcon

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Just my opinion, the Sc games are so much better. Wasteland is good at making new games, but not so hot on fixing them after release. Their poorly written manuals leave important game information completely out. I got burned twice by wasteland, I'll pass on this one.

I think you might be making a mistake to pass this one up...at the very least sit tight for now and see if your concerns are warranted by checking the boards...who knows, a month or two from now, you might be moved to try it afterall..

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 5
RE: Questions on Game - 12/7/2011 6:15:45 PM   
gwgardner

quote:

I guess vonRocko had a bad experience, but I'd like to say that I have found Wastelands to be responsive to customer requests and problem reports, with patches and upgrades, repeatedly. On a scale of 10, I give Wastelands a 8 for fixing problems, and rather quickly.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 6
RE: Questions on Game - 12/7/2011 6:28:17 PM   
oldspec4

Well, they fixed my scrolling issue yesterday within about 20 minutes..

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 7
RE: Questions on Game - 12/7/2011 7:43:41 PM   
pvthudson01

Did they post a fix or was it a patch? Just wondering

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 8
RE: Questions on Game - 12/7/2011 8:35:20 PM   
doomtrader

I have post a file that changes location of some GUI elements.

(in reply to pvthudson01)
Post #: 9
RE: Questions on Game - 12/8/2011 9:50:09 AM   
lordhoff

My question: what does "Eastern and Western" mean exactly? Ie, is North Africa, the Levant, Persia, etc covered?

(in reply to demjansk)
Post #: 10
RE: Questions on Game - 12/8/2011 9:55:11 AM   
doomtrader

Not sure what Levant is, but the North Africa and the Persia are in the game.

(in reply to lordhoff)
Post #: 11
RE: Questions on Game - 12/8/2011 5:35:08 PM   
Bismarck

The Levant would be Palestine, Lebanon and the part of the Med eastern Coast.

Jim Cobb

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 12
RE: Questions on Game - 12/8/2011 6:47:26 PM   
doomtrader

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bismarck

The Levant would be Palestine, Lebanon and the part of the Med eastern Coast.

Thanks, so those are included.

(in reply to Bismarck)
Post #: 13
RE: Questions on Game - 12/9/2011 4:55:18 AM   
lordhoff

Great!  That adds so much to the strategy choices.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 14
RE: Questions on Game - 12/9/2011 9:56:26 PM   
patchogue

Do railroads automatically repair themselves?

"It takes three years to build a ship, it takes three centuries to build a tradition"
Admiral Andrew Cunningham

(in reply to lordhoff)
Post #: 15
RE: Questions on Game - 12/9/2011 9:58:41 PM   
doomtrader

Yes, they do repair after couple of turns.

(in reply to patchogue)
Post #: 16
RE: Questions on Game - 12/9/2011 10:56:43 PM   
cherryfunk

I have a question -- is it possible to change the interface sounds?  (clicks when pressing buttons etc.)  They're just... so unappealing, like a typewriter or something.  Something more like the softer sounds from War in the East would drastically improve the play experience.

It would also be nice if the windowed mode would scale up to my monitor's resolution automatically, as War in the East does, so I can just maximize the window rather than have an strip of desktop along the bottom because the game doesn't apparently work with 1900x1200.

< Message edited by cherryfunk -- 12/9/2011 10:57:29 PM >

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 17
RE: Questions on Game - 12/10/2011 1:34:13 AM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

quote:

I guess vonRocko had a bad experience, but I'd like to say that I have found Wastelands to be responsive to customer requests and problem reports, with patches and upgrades, repeatedly. On a scale of 10, I give Wastelands a 8 for fixing problems, and rather quickly.

Tell you what GW, I will go back on my meds if you will kindly stop smoking that low grade pot that seems to be clouding your thinking

Bo

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 18
RE: Questions on Game - 12/10/2011 2:06:01 AM   
gwgardner

And now your a comedian ...

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 19
RE: Questions on Game - 12/10/2011 5:46:05 AM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

And now your a comedian ...

By your answer not a very good comedian, still have not heard an answer on the bombardment issue from Doom. Can I get some of your influence with Doom and help from him on that one. People might still like to play SOP but maybe not, as a real patch is still needed.

Bo

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 20
RE: Questions on Game - 12/10/2011 6:58:40 AM   
Agent S

Ahhh;  I was wondering when the USS Bo was going to surface.
How many torpedoes you got left?

Storm over the Pacific, still playable, with or without further patching.
Although some coding from 'Fury' back to 'Storm' would be nice, and perhaps not too dificult? (Doom?)

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 21
RE: Questions on Game - 12/10/2011 9:10:20 AM   
doomtrader

quote:

ORIGINAL: cherryfunk

I have a question -- is it possible to change the interface sounds?  (clicks when pressing buttons etc.)  They're just... so unappealing, like a typewriter or something.  Something more like the softer sounds from War in the East would drastically improve the play experience.

It would also be nice if the windowed mode would scale up to my monitor's resolution automatically, as War in the East does, so I can just maximize the window rather than have an strip of desktop along the bottom because the game doesn't apparently work with 1900x1200.

Due to the high moddability of the UI, Time of Fury has got only specific resolution, that can not adjust into the screen.
If you really need that resolution, give me some time and I can prepare one for you.
Please write me to doomtrader[at]wastelands-interactive.com

Yes, you can easily change the sounds in the game. Just go to the \data\sound\ subfolder

(in reply to cherryfunk)
Post #: 22
RE: Questions on Game - 12/10/2011 4:48:16 PM   
cherryfunk

Thanks doom -- I guess my main issue is that the game seems awfully 'clunky' for a 2011 release -- very rough around the edges.  Starting to wish I had waited a few months before purchasing, not sure I can play it right now given the other games (SKYRIM) demanding my time.

No doubt with some mods the game will be improved.  One thing though -- you guys really should tone down the beveling and 'chrome' on the UI -- it just looks garish and makes it harder to read information.  War in the East looks sooooo much better in comparison.  Just do what they did....

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 23
RE: Questions on Game - 12/10/2011 7:32:56 PM   
macroeconomics

quote:

ORIGINAL: cherryfunk
One thing though -- you guys really should tone down the beveling and 'chrome' on the UI -- it just looks garish and makes it harder to read information.  War in the East looks sooooo much better in comparison.  Just do what they did....

Hmmm, I liked the UI. But I based that mostly on the fact that I was able to figure out how to use it after spending about 5 minutes on the tutorials. So I'm more functionality focused. I really don't care too much about how it looks...

(in reply to cherryfunk)
Post #: 24
RE: Questions on Game - 12/10/2011 8:05:47 PM   
JudgeDredd

Love the fact I can change the music...thanks a bunch!

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to macroeconomics)
Post #: 25
RE: Questions on Game - 12/10/2011 8:13:17 PM   
doomtrader

Moddability was one of the most important aspects of the game. We have really put a lot of effort to make this game as moddable as possible.
There is a possibility to change plenty of factors that are affecting how the game looks like, how the gameplay is, and the flow of the gameplay.

For example it is possible to turn off the supply impact on the game, so this will completely change how the game is played.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 26
RE: Questions on Game - 12/11/2011 3:52:47 AM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agent S

Ahhh;  I was wondering when the USS Bo was going to surface.
How many torpedoes you got left?

Storm over the Pacific, still playable, with or without further patching.
Although some coding from 'Fury' back to 'Storm' would be nice, and perhaps not too dificult? (Doom?)

Oh yeah Agent S you sit in your nice den sipping your coke in front of your warm fireplace while I am 200 meters underwater, sweaty, dirty , with smelly submariners, trying to protect the very freedon you seem to enjoy [ I think I heard that in a movie somewhere] If I had any torpedos left I would sink the Uss Wastelands, just kidding Doom. Hope you have a great sucess with TOF.

Bo

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 27
RE: Questions on Game - 12/11/2011 7:46:16 AM   
doomtrader

bo, we will try to equip your sub with airbags, air-conditioned seats and a DVD set.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 28
RE: Questions on Game - 12/11/2011 4:14:19 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

bo, we will try to equip your sub with airbags, air-conditioned seats and a DVD set.

Deeply appreciated Doom, what no Perogies Doom , I cannot enjoy life without my Perogies. I know I am a pain in the arse about SOP but I am so tired of invading Poland that I really like a Pacific war game. You have created a good replica of fighting in the Pacific and I trully like the game. The bombardment issue is not major flaw in SOP but it works very well in TOF. Actually much more important in the naval war of the Pacific but if it can't be fixed so be it.

Bo

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 29
RE: Questions on Game - 12/11/2011 5:16:32 PM   
tombo

+1

I left a similar request in SOP forum too...

TOF plays very well!

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Questions on Game Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI