Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI question.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> AI question. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI question. - 12/6/2011 9:12:57 PM   
stormbringer3

Time of Fury team, how improved do you feel the AI is vs. Time of Wrath?
Thanks.

< Message edited by stormbringer3 -- 12/6/2011 9:15:51 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: AI question. - 12/6/2011 9:25:05 PM   
gwgardner

As a beta tester I found the ground AI to be superior. If you look at my AARs in the Slitherine forum you can see that the AI took me to school a couple of times. As with any game I have personally played, the AI tends to be better on defense than on offense, although it is no slouch in the latter.

The air AI is better also, although I have occasionally found it to be slow in responding to blitzkrieg advances.

The naval AI is something that I personally did not spend a lot of time with, other than convoy raiding and ASW, in which cases the AI seemed up to the task.

< Message edited by gwgardner -- 12/6/2011 9:26:18 PM >

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 2
RE: AI question. - 12/6/2011 9:29:33 PM   
doomtrader

We have put a lot of effort to improve the AI, to make it smarter, more aggressive and to use advantage from players mistakes.
It is very tricky to learn AI how to choose what is more important and how to plan in longer period. Another thing is that this is a history wargame, and we have tried to make it realistic (do not mislead with simulation), without skinning it from fun.
Also remember there is always difficulty setting for every country which allows to adjust the game for skills.

You can take a look at this AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29735&start=0
which has been played on a version close to the released one. If you will take a close look at some of the screens, you might see that the AI put a lot of effort to cut my units from the supply sources, and very often if it was possible, the AI advanced trough railroads.

As long as you are not overwhelming the enemy, it's become a real treat, and even if the AI is doomed, it is trying to use local advantages.
You should not expect that the Polish AI will win with the German human player.

All in all I think we have done a good job until now and the future updates will make this game and AI even better.

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 3
RE: AI question. - 12/6/2011 9:32:09 PM   
rogo727

I am at 35% download, can't wait to play this new game! I hope that swatter is still around, this game looks great!!

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> AI question. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI